Asmir Begovic diary

loyola

April entry:

April 2007

Hello everyone once again! Things are going well here in Portsmouth, I am back fit and training, so that’s pleasing. It’s been a long month because I picked up a slight knee injury which kept me out of training for 2 weeks and also many players were away for the international break so there were not many people around and things kind of came to a stand still. But things have picked up again and it’s going to be a busy last month of the season, with a lot of games and a lot of excitement. We have some important games left and hopefully we can push on and possibly get into Europe.

I was disappointed about my injury and not being able to play against Scotland, but I'm back fit again and have to look to the big picture, which is the World Cup. The boys did well getting the win against Scotland, which will give more confidence to the team. The second game was tight but we gave the Scots a good game and hopefully we can take some more positives from that. We also have to look at the things we did wrong and correct them before the opening game against Chile (July 1, 2007 in Toronto). We have a game against Argentina coming up on May 11, 2007 which should be a good test and also a bonus of being able to play in the new stadium in Toronto. I have spoken to a few of the guys and were all looking forward to the preparations and the tournament.

Also the Champions League is heating up and the games have all been very interesting. My pick is for Bayern Munich (update: have since lost to AC Milan in the Quarter-finals) to win it because they are playing great and have the experience to get results away from home. If you guys have any comments and questions feel free to email me at asmiru20@hotmail.com. Check in with you guys again next month. Later

Archived