Latest young star - Bojan Krkic

Bill Spiers

quote:Originally posted by Bill Spiers

Reports from the recent England v. Spain U-17 game were high on Spain's Bojan Krkic (name doesn't sound Spanish!).

Anyone know anything about this kid? Jeffrey perhaps - I believe he plays for Barcelona.

How long before Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd try and sign him?

If he's already with Barcelona, I don't see any of the big English clubs being able to sign him for a while.

Guest Jeffery S.

Reports from the recent England v. Spain U-17 game were high on Spain's Bojan Krkic (name doesn't sound Spanish!).

Anyone know anything about this kid? Jeffrey perhaps - I believe he plays for Barcelona.

Have been hearing about him for about a year and a half, will get the lowdown and report it. I think he could be the kid of a player, not sure though. That would be why he plays for Spain, grew up here when dad was playing perhaps?

The name is Serbian, had the choice to play for either Serbia or Spain U17.

A 15 year old boy with astonishing technical and scoring abilities chose to play for the Spanish U17 selection over the one from Serbia & Montenegro. Due to a double passport (he is the son of a Serbian father and a Spanish mother), he is an upcoming F.C. Barcelona star.

Bojan Krkic senior - Former Crvena zvezda player

Bojan Krkic was born in Linyola (Lleida) on August 28, 1990. His father, who holds the same name, was a well known footballer in Serbia, where he played for Crvena zvezda during the 1980’s, but without managing to become a regular at the Belgrade giant. After having a spell with OFK Belgade, he switched to a Spanish Second Division club. Bojan Krkic senior ended then his professional career in 1989, opening a football youth school in Lleida, shortly before his talented son was born. He is now a scout for the Catalonian giant F.C. Barcelona, where he observes the French and Italian player market for talents since 4 years.

The father can be very proud of his son, who is already tipped to be the “new Messi” in Spain. The Spanish press, who calls him “Bojan Krkic-Perez”, due to his Catalonian mother, celebrates the little boy already as a “wunderkind”. Bojan has all the necessary skills to stand out among his fellow youth team-mates in the Spanish U17 selection. In the 2nd round game of the U17 European Championships today against Russia, he was brought into the game in the second half, when the result was 0:0. He quickly turned the result into a clear 3:0 victory for Spain, after scoring one and assisting 2 with a terrific solo and a deflected 20 metres free kick.

You will begin to see this happen more and more, because of how many displace Serbs there are now living all over Europe.

Here is another you kid 13. Playing in and living in England, born to Serbian parents, who's got mad Ronaldinho-type skills. Check out this compilation of his style.

I hope the little majstore chooses the correct nation to receive his first NT cap

quote:Originally posted by BalkanBoy

You will begin to see this happen more and more, because of how many displace Serbs there are now living all over Europe.

For example, 17 year old Vladimir Vukovic, who was born in Bosnia but has Canadian citizenship. He sigend with OFK Belgrade. When he was 15 he played for the Bosnian U17 national team.

Guest Jeffery S.

All we hear about him is that he is a real goal scorer. He is 16, played for the second team of Barça's u-17s (juvenil) last year, guess he is up to the first team this year. Teams up with Giovanni dos Santos, the brilliant Mexican (Brazilian) attacker of the same age.

These two guys are going to have it tough to debut with the first team, as there is too much youth and attack in there, we just brought up Messi after all. In any case, I think the Barça B is doing poorly (perhaps because we are putting out a very young side in Spain's 2B, Barça C a bit better, and the U-17s not as well as in past years. So help the team you are with first, then think about bigger things.

One surprising stat is that in his over 150 games with Barça in all categories, he averages three goals a game. But sure, when they are 8 or 11 it is common for them to beat local club sides 24-1 and the like.

His web is here, some videos of goals. Seems strong, confident, fast, clear headed, a very sharp gaze. http://www.bojan-krkic.com/bojanbio.htm

Archived