Top 9 Canadians I would like to see on TFC

RS

Nice stuff Rudi.

I would've add an unattached U-20's like Lumley who has the speed to play at that level. Maybe he'll need a year of playing with the reserves but I think he could be a good player in the MLS.

I wish you good luck with DeRo, it would be nice for you guys but I don't see it happenning.

With Molde now relegated, Sandro Grande might be a good bet for TFC though I don't know whether his contract is either over or has a relegation clause. If TFC can sign Bernier this would give them two solid Canadian starters at mid. Grande with TFC would be good for both TFC and his career (unlike Bernier who would be good for TFC but could probably sign with a team in a better league than Norway or MLS). The style of play in MLS would probably suit Grande better than Norway and would also aid his national team aspirations. Plus having an Italian Canadian on the team would be good for TFC marketing.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

With Molde now relegated, Sandro Grande might be a good bet for TFC though I don't know whether his contract is either over or has a relegation clause. If TFC can sign Bernier this would give them two solid Canadian starters at mid. Grande with TFC would be good for both TFC and his career (unlike Bernier who would be good for TFC but could probably sign with a team in a better league than Norway or MLS). The style of play in MLS would probably suit Grande better than Norway and would also aid his national team aspirations. Plus having an Italian Canadian on the team would be good for TFC marketing.

How about Dave Diplacido HAHAHAHA

Adrian Cann from the white caps has potential,

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I would've add an unattached U-20's like Lumley who has the speed to play at that level. Maybe he'll need a year of playing with the reserves but I think he could be a good player in the MLS.

The jury's still out on Lumley for me. I hope he grows into a solid player. I don't quite see it just yet.

However, speaking of unattached youngsters what about guys like Tomasz Charowski, Simon Kassaye, Riley O'Neill, Mike D'Agostino or Brad Peetoom? Are they still around? One or two of them might be good reserve players. I thought Charowski might be good from the little I saw of him.

Nice article though Rudi.

Charowski is a junior at Duke and he started only 5 games on the 17 he played in. Not sure it's good enough for MLS. Maybe a breakout senior season will help his case.

I liked what I saw from D'Agostino, he's a junior at Kentucky and definite starter with Riley O'Neill (senior). O'Neill is having an all-american season with 17 goals and 3 assists while D'Agostino is following him with 6 goals and 5 assists. Kentucky should make it to the tournament. I think both of those guys are interesting prospect for TFC.

I don't know what happenned to Kassaye, he dissapeared since the 2005 U20 WC.

I liked Peetoom too, could be a good prospect.

remind me what team Owusuh-Ansah is on? is he not simply an NTC player?

d'agostino looked particularly dangerous from right wing back in the vancouver leg of the brazil series - and he only played about 15 minutes or so. for me he was one of the top 3 players on the pitch for canada that day. along with another sub Keegan Ayre.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Charowski is a junior at Duke and he started only 5 games on the 17 he played in. Not sure it's good enough for MLS. Maybe a breakout senior season will help his case.

Cool. Didn't know that, thanks. I thought he had some skills. Too bad he's fallen off a bit.

Archived