Women's Team in Turmoil?

Breakwood

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by fan

dribble drabble dribble Richard why do you bother to reply with such utter non speak.

Again you intentionally miss the point thanks for nothing.

Well that didn't take long, minutes only. Fan, do you have an alarm that goes off and echos around inside your skull every time I post anything on this subject no matter what I say?

If anybody dribble drabbles thoughtless nonsense in this forum it's you, witness your last post.

yes

" The CSA hangs three of Canadas best players and one of the worlds best out to dry and we silently appease it.

How Canadian is that?

Meanwhile Fifa does this:

"I was invited by FIFA President, Joseph S. Blatter, and the FIFA Executive Committee to attend the FIFA World Player Gala 2006. The gala, with a "Football meets Mozart” theme, took place in the Zurich Opera House on Monday, December 18.

The evening began when international soccer stars, FIFA officials, FIFA committee members and other invited guests arrived at the opera house. I felt like a star attending the Grammys as I walked down the red carpet with some of the world’s best-known players and fans jostled for position to get photos of their favourites.

How much contrasting evidence is this, that we allowed and are complicit in the CSA destruction of soccer in Canada?

"

yes

" The CSA hangs three of Canadas best players and one of the worlds best out to dry and we silently appease it.

How Canadian is that?

"I was invited by FIFA President, Joseph S. Blatter, and the FIFA Executive Committee to attend the FIFA World Player Gala 2006. The gala, with a "Football meets Mozart” theme, took place in the Zurich Opera House on Monday, December 18.

The evening began when international soccer stars, FIFA officials, FIFA committee members and other invited guests arrived at the opera house. I felt like a star attending the Grammys as I walked down the red carpet with some of the world’s best-known players and fans jostled for position to get photos of their favourites.

How much contrasting evidence is this, that we allowed and are complicit in the CSA destruction of soccer in Canada?

"

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Richard, you use the word 'nobody' on your post of March 31st. Have you forgotten that you published that piece of filth from WFP?

I publish material from all over the place, I don't necessarily agree with all of it but I am not in the censorship business. Read the disclaimer on the 'Legal Stuff' page. I also think Chris would support me in my assertion that Hooper made a positive contribution to the WNT program for many years but has also made some bad mistakes off the field so yes, I stand by my use and context of the word 'nobody'.

Once again ludicrously ignorant dribble Richard.

Charmaine did not make any bad or good moves "initially", she reacted to the initial bad moves initiated from the CSA,kerfoot and Pellerud.

Logic and honesty fail you Richard.You definitely belong in the CSA.

How Canadian is that?

"

As for the FIFA accolades, she deserves them and all the other awards and recognition she has received. I have never taken away or minimised her contribution to the WNT program... how many times do I have to repeat myself before it penetrates your apparently unusually thick skull!!!

Talk about unsubstantiated dribble drabble however, Fan you are the master.

You base your overly zealous worship of Hooper on half-baked 'evidence' from the media and Hooper's story. Has it never occurred to you to wonder why all these months have gone by and Hooper has had absolutely nothing further to say publicly on the subject of her exclusion from the WNT. Bit out of character based on how ready she was to talk to the media initially about how aggrieved she was with her purported treatement.

If indeed there was sanctionable wrongdoing on the part of the CSA or one of its employees you can be sure that FIFA would have acted. Neither FIFA nor the USL would appear to be in the slightest concerned with what Charmaine Hooper claims transpired or with the poor treatment she says she received. Why is that?

We are told her carding status was reinstated but is she receiving any payments? In my experience one of the criteria for receiving carding money is that you be selected to the program. Why is she keeping so quiet about that? We still only have her side of the story - not enough to draw any definitive conclusions about what really transpired between her, the CSA and the WNT program although we can certainly form personal opinions about her reported behaviour.

I think it is time to say, yes, you did a great job all those years with the WNT Charmaine, but enjoy your well earned retirement as you celebrate your 40th birthday.

Time to cool your jets Fan and accept that Charmaine is now part of Canadian soccer history. I wish her well and look forward to her being inducted to the Soccer Hall of Fame in due course.

I anticipate your response to this post, if any, will be to condemn it as yet more dribble drabble or words to that effect. So be it. I will let others be the judge.

Your correct Richard you have repeated yourself relentlessly.

Your logic and comprehension is biased and inane.

You have no power in determing or concluding anything but yet you pretend you do.

The myth of sisyphus comes to mind

Does the realization of the absurd require suicide?

Camus answers: "No. It requires revolt."

A little humour for the rest of you bored to tears.

How Canadian is that?

"

Your attempt to switch and bait is as tiresome as your poor comprehension.

The issue is below respond to it if you like.

How Canadian is that?

"

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Why do you hide behind a screen name when you post your propaganday Fan?

I use my real name and make no attempt to hide, I have no need or desire to remain anonymous like you.

Come on, tell us, I challenge you.

Basic forum etiquette everywhere means you can hide if you want.

Sometimes it is a good thing too, otherwise someone does a search on you and they discover you are posting during working hours, or when your parents think you are doing your homework (for the younger ones).

So this kind of bravado is a vain attempt to win an argument, as if who the guy is were relevant. If you believe in your arguments, Richard, you shouldn't have to resort to such childishness.

I am actually thinking of changing my name as I am a bit tired of being so boringly close to who I really am.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Basic forum etiquette everywhere means you can hide if you want.

Sometimes it is a good thing too, otherwise someone does a search on you and they discover you are posting during working hours, or when your parents think you are doing your homework (for the younger ones).

So this kind of bravado is a vain attempt to win an argument, as if who the guy is were relevant. If you believe in your arguments, Richard, you shouldn't have to resort to such childishness.

I am actually thinking of changing my name as I am a bit tired of being so boringly close to who I really am.

Hiding one's identity while badmouthing someone else is scurrilous and cowardly, no matter what the venue no matter what the 'etiquette'. If you're not prepared to identify yourself then mind your tongue. My question to Fan stands, like it or not.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Hiding one's identity while badmouthing someone else is scurrilous and cowardly, no matter what the venue no matter what the 'etiquette'. If you're not prepared to identify yourself then mind your tongue. My question to Fan stands, like it or not.

No Richard, it does not work like that. You have chosen to be who you are, if someone looks at my profile they can see who I am. But we have all had battles with anonymous types, and that is what goes on with every chat and forum in the entire world. In the same way we have had great discussion with brilliantly reasonble and absolutely courteous anonymous types. It goes both ways.

In any case, what this thread shows is that you have taken it up as your personal cause to answer each and every post related to Hooper that may paint her in a "positive" light, and that is incredibly obsessive. If it had not been for your almost psychotic need to reply to every nut, guru or lost soul appearing hear this thread would never have become one of the longest in Voyageurs history.

And the rest of us who look at every active topic when we come on would not have been subject to go back to it so often when we really would have preferred not to.

Given that not too flattering record of main whip on the overflagged horse, maybe you should have thought about hiding your identity before you took on the job.

Seems then I am one of the few honest and open people in the forum willing to take a stand and speak out rather than fawn on aybody willing to bash the CSA in ignorance of all the facts. I am happy to debate when the other party is rational, which this particular incognito coward Fan is not. Reveal yourself Fan or shut up.

lol Jeffery your funny and smart. I love that combo.

Your question about anonymous posting is irrelevant and been answered by jeffery and others and pointed out to you clearly.

Their is no question of courage possible in regards to posting on this or any other forum.

Your logic is weak.

Your "stand" is not present.

Your demands are impotent.

The post below is my original post if anyone wants to comment go ahead otherwise I am out of this thread untill I have or hear new information or new points that dont refer to me and are on the topic at hand.

Good luck Jeffrey.

How Canadian is that?

"

quote:

Seems then I am one of the few honest and open people in the forum...

It's said we have three characters: that which we have, that which we think we have, that which other people think we have.

I personally get a laugh out of you Richard, and not neccessarily always in a bad way. We disagree (or rather you're wrong), but there's a lot worse than that in this world. And you love the women's game too, so we have that in common. But I gotta tell you, everytime I hear you say you have nothing against Hooper, I'm reminded of the saying above. The reason everyone reacts the way we do, is because it's so painfully obvious. Give us a little bit of credit.

I know you don't like being gone after online, and I don't particularly enjoy it either. But whether we like it or not, the way of the internet is anonymity. A lost concept to us old foagies, but a basic tenet and building block of the entire framework, and in no small part due to the inability to globally do anything to prevent it without military state control. There's no anonymity (or privacy) in China... but they call that a human rights abuse. Coach some teenagers and 20-somethings and you soon realize it's a new world and like Willy Loman, we don't really fit. We have to reengineer (almost a palindrome) our attitudes to public interaction.

And alas, nothing is ever complete without Shakespeare: "Words, words, mere words, no matter from the heart."

If a game came on tv in a bar, we'd all probably buy each other a beer, and share some laughs.

Hey Robert enjoy the pOst Pipe CSA as much as I am?

Richard what should be done to Evan the Viking if after all those residency camps and prep game he brings on the field come septembre the same crappy kick and run long ball garbage where the girls are asked to leave any imagination,creativity and skill in the locker room

do you think he really has the skill and know how to get the girls to play a more of a modern style?

will he still use one lone striker against the likes of Brazil,Germany,USA,China ?

if I dont see any improvement in term of style of play then then the Viking ripped us off and should be fired.

I can watch better soccer by watching w-league games.

Time will tell if Richard is right or not.

As far as Hooper is concern to me she stepped over the line.

it is time for her to move on.

soccer gave her the privilege she is enjoying today she forgot that it goes both ways and if she know how to market herself properly she is set for life and the last episode may be a setback from acheiving that I for one will not go and watch her play

even if I get free tickets and will boycott every product that she endorse.

if she feels that Evan broke the rules that does not give the excuse to break it too.

as for Evan the viking his future depends on the performance of the team in China.

I hope he took avantage of the amount of money and prep time to get rid of that Barbaric style of play that has been displayed by the his team since he took over.

route 1 to hell and Evan is the blind driver

he screwed his prime pumper and all he has left is sheep

make wool isn't the exactly the right concept maybe he has land somewhere when he retires

baaa baaaaaaaa

Archived