Friend Wants Guzman As Maple Leaf

Gaucho

I still think Canada has enough talent to produce a team that can qualify for the next World Cup, even if Jonathan doesn't play.

Potnetial Starting XI in 4 Years time;

1. Wannegaar

2. Stalteri ©.

5. Hinnauit (sp?).

6. Edgar.

3. kulkowski.

7. Peters.

4. Julian De Guzman.

8. Hutchinson.

11. Johnson.

9. Friend.

10. Occean.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

wagenaar ahead of begovic in 4 years???? begovic looked brilliant against brazil.

Both of those guys are very talented and I wouldn't be surprise to see one of them being Canada's #1 in a few years from now.

I thought Begovic looked pretty good against Brazil but he also looked slow (normal for a 6'5 guy who just finished growing) for a GK but that can change quickly. In the end Begovic looked like a top prospect from this team and we'll see how his pro career goes from now on.

On the other hand, Wagenaar is having a great chance by getting a lot of playing time in a pretty good league right now. Goalkeeping is often a question of confidence and Wagenaar could gain a lot with Postma freak injury. I think people on this board should forget about the Syria mistake and take a look at the Colombia game or even the Italy game to see that this guy is having big potential too.

As for Friend's comments I think it's great for him to speak his mind about this subject, I'm glad he did and let's hope some of those young guys are listenning.

Archived