Red Patch Boys TFC supporter club

canadian_bhoy

quote:Originally posted by River City

I agree the rivalry between groups is good in order to get them to continually outdo each other, but seems to me some cooperation would be nice in order to have maximum impact. Better to have 100 guys singing in unison rather than 10.

And a unified umbrella group could still retain its individual group identities, but when dealing with the team, media, whatever, would make more of an impression.

Again, just my two bits.

I think the twr TFC groups that are online now intend to cooperate with respect to supporting the team, ie planning Tifo together, bus trips. They will be sitting separately from eachother in the stadium thats all.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

The Nou Camp seems quiet these days,not much singing etc. Have the ultras been banned or something?

Nou Camp is noisier than ever, in the entire history of my time going I have never heard as much. The crowd is also way younger, a generational shift. Perhaps you just don't hear it on the tv feed. If you watch the Chelsea match, as long as there is not a torrential downpour dampening things, you'll hear it.

The Boixos Nois have been pushed out of the "Gol Nord", but since there were death threats against the president's family and they were found to be doing little tasks for drug dealers (such as beating up people), it is probably good to have them out. They were neo-fascist, some were openly Nazi. They harrassed the more natural (moderate Catalan nationalist) supporter groups, who are back. And their singing was insistent, but monotonous and robotic (must say I was a bit disappointed by how much singing at Anfield Rd, of all placed, was also a bit robotic and planned, without being really heartfelt at times, I liked it but found that in the end fans can end up imitating themselves). So good riddance to the Boixos Nois.

Now the other groups, like Almogavers behind the south goal, have picked up, and as I say there are quite a few points of energy and noise from all over the stadium.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Sure, maybe it was the TV feed.

Maybe it was the gooner in ya. If you can't win at football, maybe you can win at singing. So go join a choir. With Thierry as the choir master.

Guest speedmonk42

I think that there being more than one group is a good thing.

They can challenge one another, coordinate, do whatever the hell they want.

Makes it less 'controlled' or something, more options for people with different personalities and tastes, more room for different ideas.

Guest speedmonk42

I think that there being more than one group is a good thing.

They can challenge one another, coordinate, do whatever the hell they want.

Makes it less 'controlled' or something, more options for people with different personalities and tastes, more room for different ideas.

I just wonder what impact these supporters groups will have on the local media. I really don't know if supporters groups like we are discussing are present in other sports.These two questions are very interesting and also will expose the power we should have. Both with the organization and the media as well.I believe we are talking about a new phenomena in sports if this develops the way it should and even must.I know that Paul at the first meeting made reference to the Raptors having a supporters group and if i recall they were receiving some assistance from the Raptors as well being I guess ticket discounts and other items as well.

I guess we can also assume that the supporters clubs are also as much involved in supporting our Canadian team,meaning that the same apparatus will come into swing. I suppose at that time we will all become one supporters group.

Archived