Incheon Utd. vs. Pohang Steelers (K-League)

RJB

So I went to Munhak World Cup Stadium on Saturday to watch some K-League action. I must say that I was not impressed with the quality of football. I hope that it was just a bad game, but it was rather slow, with very few opportunities at either end.

Depsite the few chances, Pohang took the play to Incheon right from the start, and dominated most of the game. The attendance was listed at 20,317, but in a 60000 plus stadium, it seemed like a lot less than that.

The final score was 1-1, which was very flattering for Incheon. I've got some pictures, but I'll be honest that I don't know how to get them on this message.

I should also say hat the track around the pitch is awful (as you'll see from the photos). I know that I'm preaching to the choir, but it just makes the game seem miles and miles away.

Sounds like a particularly poor match. Pohang have a very good side this year, and seem to be challenging for the title.

All in all, the N-League (the second tier of the Korean footie pyramid) is more offense-oriented, as the stats from the 2006 season thus far illustrate:

N-League goals/game average: 2.84

(First and second stage games to date): 75

(First and second stage goals to date): 213

K-League goals/game average: 2.17

(First, second and Hauzen Cup games): 217

(First, second and Hauzen Cup goals): 470

Get yourself to an Incheon Korail match some time... might be a bit more exciting.

Archived