Canadians abroad: September 29 - October 5, 2006

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Superclásico (spelling on yours right?) is quite typically used for Barcelona-Madrid or vice versa in Spain. It is rare to hear it for any other match, if you do it is usually a bit of hyperbole or used to describe a derby like tonight's Real-Atlético, but by an exagerrating local press.

I would imagine that either in Spain we got it from the Mexicans or some other Spanish-speaking league, or they got it from us here. I wonder if it might be used for Boca-River, the most famous Spanish-speaking rivalry in the Western Hemisphere.

Hehe, Superclassico is used all over the Latin world. ¡Here in Nicaragua, the Esteli-Diriamba matches are called Superclassicos! In Mexico, they use it for America-Chivas.

Radz sub’s into the match at Vicarage Road in the 62nd for the crap Moritz Volz with Fulham trailing Watford 2-nil. Gets a card for dissent (legit complaint) in the 73rd. For those who missed it, Fulham storm back after McBride and Radz are sub’d in at the hour’ish mark eventually taking a 3-2 lead before MOTM Ashley Young nets the saving goal in the 89th. Weeee!!!

Not a bad match for what he saw of it. Left wing sort of position. Grand efforts at both ends of the pitch and a vital assist on the Helguson goal. Good substitutions. Well done, Coleman.

By the by, for the Stalteri watchers out there. Today’s match showed two clubs who could desperately use the man. Oh-my-Gawd.

The Uefa Cup group stage draw has just been completed.

Jonathan de Guzman plays with Feyenoord in a group with Nancy , Blackburn Rovers , Wisla Krakow and FC Basel.

Rob Friend plays with Heerenveen against Parma , Osasuna , RC Lens and Odense BK.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

The Uefa Cup group stage draw has just been completed.

Jonathan de Guzman plays with Feyenoord in a group with Nancy , Blackburn Rovers , Wisla Krakow and FC Basel.

Rob Friend plays with Heerenveen against Parma , Osasuna , RC Lens and Odense BK.

The other Canadians involved are in group B:

Bayer Leverkusen

Club Brugge

Besiktas

Dinamo Bucharest

Tottenham

Klukowski for Brugge, and Stalteri, I suppose is a possibility for Tottenham.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10531

Archived