Grass v Real Turf

Guest Can. in UK

Chicago's is a modular field, apparently top-of-the line.

They held a concert on it the day before the Fire's first match, and from the looks of the field, it looked like it had never been touched. The field comes at a price though (I believe somewhere between $3-5 million US).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

LOL.

Chill out guys. I thought it was funny that something from the grass ate it whatever it was.

See even mother nature hates artifical turf.

If that's your argument there are far more things in mother nature that hate natural grass then FieldTurf. Just ask anybody who has to maintain a lawn in their yard.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Richard

If that's your argument there are far more things in mother nature that hate natural grass then FieldTurf. Just ask anybody who has to maintain a lawn in their yard.

LOL so true.

It's a spinoff company! Artificial weeds and robot bugs that eat it.

Guest speedmonk42

SprintTurf I think is all rubber fill. I don't think it uses any sand.

Does 'Plastimet' ring any bells?

I wonder what the fire regs are on something like that, or if it burns at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I brought up the matter of fire insurance years ago. Now that there are more of these plastic fields I will try to find out how much are municipalities paying for insurance if they bother with it.

I guess the expresion of "grass roots level" should be changed to fieldturf level (no grass and no roots).

I kind of understand some of the reasons why they new stadium in Toronto would be Canada's National Stadium, but what's wrong with Commonwealth in Edmonton? It may be a bit large, but we could fill the bottom half easily for the U20 WC 2007. Not to mention the pitch there is emaculate.

quote:Originally posted by caccamo1

I kind of understand some of the reasons why they new stadium in Toronto would be Canada's National Stadium, but what's wrong with Commonwealth in Edmonton? It may be a bit large, but we could fill the bottom half easily for the U20 WC 2007. Not to mention the pitch there is emaculate.

Edmonton will be full for the U20s because of good marketing, Canada playing AND low-prices.

For everything else than a long-planned youth tournament and concerning the end of your message, let me simply refer you to Canada-Honduras WCQ 2004.

Archived