So I guess the CSA logo is here to stay?

Daniel

I'm for going all out retro.

The ugliest gawd aweful kits you've ever seen. Long sleeved with collars. Perfect for WC qualifers in CA.

Made from real wool, not that synthetic crap that sheds water. I mean real, "soaks it up like a sponge when wet but still hotter than Hell" wool.

Without names on the back and player numbers the way they were ment to be. Stiched on by hand and wrickled.

And of course a beaver logo. Or as an alternative, maybe a beaver with a football. Maybe.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

There will be new jerseys in 2008 for WCQ.

This is simply re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic. They should go with just plain red and white, with white around the collar and the cuffs. And reverse it for the alternate.

Keep it simple, and spend more time worrying about the teams performance than the kits (granted, it is the companies that make the kits, but still, it should be more of our focus).

I have no problem with changing the logo. I used to really be passionate about keeping it, but it really is just a small part of the bigger picture. The Italians have changed their logo a few times, and so have other countries. The fact is, that our logo isn't steeped in tradition, but simply gets the job done. If we can change it to get a better fit, then that is great. Whatever it takes to get more recognition for Canadian Soccer, I'm all for.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

This is simply re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic. They should go with just plain red and white, with white around the collar and the cuffs. And reverse it for the alternate.

Keep it simple, and spend more time worrying about the teams performance than the kits (granted, it is the companies that make the kits, but still, it should be more of our focus).

I'm sure that Kevan Pipe and Stephen Hart are personally designing the uniform and logo!

Come on, the uniforms are done by Adidas and the logo is supervised by some administrative guy in Ottawa and probably contracted out to a graphic design team.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'm sure that Kevan Pipe and Stephen Hart are personally designing the uniform and logo!

Come on, the uniforms are done by Adidas and the logo is supervised by some administrative guy in Ottawa and probably contracted out to a graphic design team.

I know, that's why I acknowledged that. Thanks for keeping me honest though.

• 6 months later...

Basically, i dont know if this is right...

But i was in my local soccer store today, and i looked at the canada jerseys and i was like hmmm the fonts different, and i wsa like oo maybe thats thew new logo they never showed us.

Personally, the font looks cheap and times new romanish... i prefer the old font.. but whatever.

Archived