How's Keane gonna do as a manager?

argh1

Wow CCC Sunderland. Seems a high level for a guy with no coaching experience. Thought he'd give League 2 or Conference a go first even as an assistant maybe? But hey if the job is offered take it.

He seemed to me to be an intense player. I wonder how his personality will fit as a coach? We'll see I guess.

Also I thought the FA required certain coaching levels certificates for managers at different levels of the pyramid. Does he have these or is the FA giving him time to earn them?

Anyway I'm sure it won't be boring at the Stadium of Light this season.

I could be wrong but I don't see'em as a people person. I think he's in for a shock and will be lucky to get two seasons outta this gig.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Also I thought the FA required certain coaching levels certificates for managers at different levels of the pyramid. Does he have these or is the FA giving him time to earn them?

Keane has been working on his badges for awhile now (even while at ManU). He should have atleast UEFA B, if not UEFA A by now.

The EPL created a rule a few years ago requiring their managers to take a year-long (244 hour) FA/Managers' Union run program to earn a "Pro License". Old farts like Ferguson and Wenger were exempted of course (Grandfather clause), but new guys have to take it. One can, however, get around this if a club gets permission from the majority of the other EPL clubs for an exemption. This was done for Roeder (Newcastle) and apparently also the just retired defender Southgate (Middlesborough). This only applies to EPL clubs though, not CCC clubs, so Keane only has to consider enrolling if his club starts winning enough to have a shot at promotion.

Archived