Rogers becomes a major sponsor of the MLSE

john tv

Home Depot Center gets used for High School Pointy Ball games - all-star games and play-offs that is unlikely to change...

The Patriots / Revolution have just installed FieldTurf since their natural grass was a disaster and are supposedly using marking the field so the football lines can be removed for futbol lines...

Bill

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

Home Depot Center gets used for High School Pointy Ball games - all-star games and play-offs that is unlikely to change...

The Patriots / Revolution have just installed FieldTurf since their natural grass was a disaster and are supposedly using marking the field so the football lines can be removed for futbol lines...

Bill

PHP is also used for football and their have been games in which gridiron lines are clearly visable.

The SSS is all about making money, not to support soccer.

Bill

This is an interesting development, because I recall people posting here about how great the grass field in New England was. They supposedly had underfloor heating. But the fact that they still went to field turf says a lot.

quote:This is an interesting development, because I recall people posting here about how great the grass field in New England was. They supposedly had underfloor heating. But the fact that they still went to field turf says a lot.

Yeah, it said that the Patriots wanted it changed, end of story. The Revs didn't have a say.

Swangard stadium in Vancouver has a beautifully maintained natural grass surface which is jealously protected by the city with very few events/games scheduled. Whilst it is the home field for the Whitecaps it is also occasionally used for pointy ball football. You should see the mess the field is in after a pointy ball game. I am not at all surprised that an MLS club is happy to see a field shared routinely with a pointy ball club be converted to FieldTurf.

I wasn't advocating for Swangard, merely using it to illustrate the problems associated with pointy ball football trying to co-exist with high-level soccer on the same natural grass pitch, they really are incompatible. I would have thought that was crystal clear from my post so I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

All specifications for the field are being set to meet the demands of the NFL. Not MLS.

One must remember that Kraft's true baby is the Pats and the field change is being done for them. The Revs are just a sideshow.

Archived