Jacob Lensky to Feyenoord.

SCF08

quote:Originally posted by puskas

This is exactly it. If you were Mitchell and two weeks before the tournament Lensky says that he wants to play. Would you allow him in overlooking the fact that he never took part in Canada's preparations? You may since Lensky is a good player but one can lose credibility like that. What would you do? The Czechs had a similar problem with Nedved when just before the World Cup, he announced he wants to play for the Czechs but never took part in the qualifying. The Czechs included Nedved on their World Cup roster although did not make it out of the group stage (mostly due to injuries to their forwards).

I would because at very least he would add quality depth if you didn't want to put him in the starting 11. If Canada doesn't play well the first game or so you alwats have the option of inserting Lensky, someone who has played for Feyenoord's first team.

I for one hope he gets the call/shows up.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah not a bad solution. You go with the starters but it will be a big advantage in knowing that if things are not going well, there is Lensky. If it was DeGuzman, would you start him if he decided to play two weeks before the tournament for Canada? How has Lensky done in 2007 so far?

IMO. i would say start him. Does he gell with the team? who knows? but he has experience and goal scoring ability, attitude and the numbers to back it up. I only know about Lensky from what i've read on here....both would be great but JDG2 would be a terricfic asset. I could only imagine great things with him and Peters as a duo up front.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

If neither play a preparation game, then I would be against starting them for the first game v Chile.

There are some things you need to earn.

Yes, if Lensky or Deguzman got involved for at least some part of the preparation going forward, then I cannot see why they shouldn't start. But this team is already gelling, and I would want to make the sort of move that disrupts considerably the solid team chemistry that is developing. These guys are playing for each other as much as they are for their country, which is exactly that we need. If adding Lensky or Deguzman damaged team confidence, then I feel we'd be better off without them. That is why it is vital they get involved sooner than later, if they intend to get involved at all. I suspect Deguzman is a no-go, and Lensky a long-long shot, so all of this is rather moot, eh?

I don't think there is any chance that Lensky will play this summer. Mitchell was quoted in January as saying that he expected Lensky for the Scotland series. When I didn't see him on the roster I asked Dale about it and he said that Jacob isn't committed to the cause and isn't excited about what the team is doing.

I bet that even if Jacob had a change of heart, Dale wouldn't include him in the squad.

Archived