Jacob Lensky to Feyenoord.

SCF08

Hi Guys , Im back with fresh news from Holland.

My beloved Feyenoord have just signed Jacob Lensky from Celtic. He is going to play on a amateur basis until the new transfer window opens on January 1st. On January the 1st he will sign a professional 4,5 year contract.

Do you know anything about him ??

I know he's a midfield player but dont know what position ??

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy.

Well, if this turns out to be true then great news for Lensky and hopefully Canada. Was worried he was lossing patience with his progress in the Celtic youth program and was jumping the gun maybe a little. But there is always a worry, sometimes justly, at his age that you've gone as far as you're going to within the current program and need to try your luck under a fresh set of eyes. Hope that turns out the case here.

Personaly can't say anything of the man. He's been flying under the radar up to this point his previous club alighnment notwithstanding.

Hope to see him next summer wearing red though. It's no accident he's gotten into the club systems with Celtic and Feyenoord. There has to be something there.

It is so gratifying for me to see how well the Dutch are looking after all our Canadian boys. Great stuff.

I don't know how many of you have ever attended Dutch training sessions, but they are amazing and very beneficial. The intensity and know how is remarkable. Good luck to all our guys and being Canadian over there ,well you can't beat that one.

fantastic news. he must be our left midfielder at the u20's eh? i dont expect jono there, but would certainly hope so.

our u20's can do some real damage next summer and we should really expect nothing less than quarterfinals regardless of who is selected.

congrats to jacob! a much better environment than celtic can offer (who still thinks the england and scottish epl's should be separated!? not me)

Yeah, a midfield with Lensky, DeGuzman, Johnson and Peters would be stellar. Put Lombardo and Lammie up front, then we've got a pretty decent attack. One can only hope.

As for quarter-finals, I'm not sure that is a reasonable expectation at all, to be honest. I still feel that we will be hard pressed to even advance out of our group. We are getting some decent prep, though.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Looks big and aggressive like a center back. Is he naturally left footed? Can he play forward like a winger or is he more of a defensive mid?

And what is that weird lump on the back of his calf in the first pic?

haha , The player with the lump on his calf is our centre back and his name is Karim Saidi (Jonathan de Guzman is the one left of him). I've written something above the pictures that says something about the picture underneath. Not the other way around...:D

1st picture is Jonathan de Guzman and Karim Saidi

2nd picture Jacob Lensky is on the far right

3rd picture Lensky is in the centre with the bottle near his waist.

4rd picture Lensky is on the far left hiding behind our right winger Tim Vincken. Jonathan de Guzman is on the right in the long trousers.

I don't think he is officially cap tied. According to the CSA website he has only played twice for us in a tournament in Portugal. At one point his father seemed to want him to play for Slovakia if my memory serves me correctly. Since he requested not to get called for the Brazil series one would have to consider him to be a bit in the DeGuzman category of non-committed though nevertheless seemingly a bit closer to committing than DeGuzman. Let's hope that Feyernoord becomes the club with two Canadian internationals and not the club of two players who have turned their back on Canada.

Apparently and according to the Dutch media, Feyenoord has some great plans for our boy. He trained with Feyenoord this summer for the one week and left a very deep impression.It became very clear at that time they wanted him.Because of his age being 17,he does not have to sign a contract till he turns 18 and as my Dutch friend said above this wil be a 4 to 5 year contract.

I guess the CSA will be much more aware of him in the future and having a Canadian midfield in Feyenoord, what else matters in life he.Great stuff.

I will keep you posted on his progress as much as I can.

"written something above the pictures that says something about the picture underneath"

That makes sense. Whew, was thinking this Lensky was one ugly brute!

So if he is left footed and fast then we would have quite the balanced and dangerous attack!

---------Lombardo--------

Lensky------Johnson-----JP

Probably Nunez and D'Agostino in mid

O'connor, Edgar, Lumley, Kennedy across the back.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hey scfo8,thanks for the pictures. How did you get in there,knowing how strict they are to keep the public away from the players while in traning.

Good stuff en hartelijk bedankt.

From the pics it looks like a public practice.

Guest Jeffery S.

The question is not that he can't sign a contract at 17, it is that he cannot having come from another club. There is nothing impeding an under 18 to have a pro contract, and this happens especially when there is no transfer involved.

Or do you think we had Messi playing for Barça with a pro contract?

Now someone tell me how I've got it wrong, no problem, I can take it.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

congrats to jacob! a much better environment than celtic can offer (who still thinks the england and scottish epl's should be separated!? not me)

I think the EPL and SPL (there is no epl in Scotland) should remain separate.

Why would Feynoord automatically be a better environment for him?

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

I think the EPL and SPL (there is no epl in Scotland) should remain separate.

Why would Feynoord automatically be a better environment for him?

They how to develop young players, that's why the Orange have a good team.

Thanks Ubuntu,sounds like a Kynian tribe prince,yes these young Canadians are in very good and very caring hands. Being as Dutch as you can be I know how much the Dutch care anout children. In fact they know it is all anout our children anyway. teach,teach and teach, that's what Ajax is famous for. This also applies to all these Canadians that are in Holland. They are indeed very fortunate.Just Jonathan alone who went to Holland at the age of 12 who now is rated as the no 9th in the world. mike Ristch his Scarborough coach nd feyenoord should be very proud that this "kid" reach that unbelievable plateau.All Canadians that train and or play in Holland are indeed very fortunate. Anyway, before I get the baseball and football guys mad ate me yes there is a huge difference between all these systems, who would you choose.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hey scfo8,thanks for the pictures. How did you get in there,knowing how strict they are to keep the public away from the players while in traning.

Good stuff en hartelijk bedankt.

If you look at the stadium on the left , you see a pitch on the right of the stadium. Thats the place where the players practice every day.It's open for public every day. On the other side of the road you can see a small part of ''Varkenoord'' which is the youth complex of Feyenoord. So when the youngsters are training they can see De Kuip stadium so they always keep an eye on their future and their goal , which is reaching De Kuip. (sorry if the photo below is a bit big , its the only one i could find)

rotterdam6sept2006rondvlucht099hz6.jpg

Brings back some very old memories. I saw my first Interland,International game I think in 1955 against Belgium.The rivalry between the two countries was very intense and probably the building block for the great interest in soccer in Holland.My last match was against Hungary some 15 years ago. This was so amazing sitting among all these orange and singing Dutch fans. Incredable. I remember more of the fun,singing etc than the game. I also have it on video tape and in hi-fi stereo as well. Such a big difference from the ordinary broadcasts.Anyway thanks for the piucture and stay in touch.

• 2 months later...

I've got some good news on Lensky

Jacob Lensky is making quite an impression at Feyenoord. He has been only training with the boys since his arrival in September but the Feyenoord youth coach has already said that when Lensky his contract starts in January , he will be a part of the 1st team !

Jacob turns 18 in December and he's agreed to a 4,5 year contract starting from January so this left-midfielder has got a great future...

He's not allowed to play in any games because Feyenoord signed him after the transfer deadline but the Feyenoord staff are very impressed with him.

Archived