Atiba's Champions League Group

Manuel

quote:Originally posted by Manuel

I hope he plays.

Based on what I have been reading, you can pretty much count on that. The good thing about this situation, is that he is a key player on that squad. So he will get a fair amount of of balls going his way and alot of mention.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Jamit

I disagree loyola, there is no need to not post scores. Anyways, halftime.

Usually in a forum like this, there's an ® in the thread title to indicate that if you read this specific thread you'll find the result of a particular game.

You could start the Man U vs FCK (Atiba) ® thread if you want to discuss the game.

I don't get his role at all. Once they have posession deep he cuts in to the top of the box, but he definitely spent most of the game on the left.

Interesting to see him in such an attacking role. I also thought he did a good job of playing within himself. He's not a guy that's going to run at guys all day and he's not a get it deep and whip in style winger, he was making short, crisp passes and holding possession. He looked sharp.

Man I dislike ManU, they got a lot of calls and if I didn't strongly dislike Alan Smith already . . . what a ****.

cheers,

matthew

Atiba seemed to be the only one on FCK that could actually distribute the ball, so I have no idea why they would want him out on the left. He should've been playing in the center the whole game. He was silky smooth on the ball (for the most part) and his passes actually went to the intended target which was a far cry from the hurried boot upfield that you saw from the rest of the players. I was really impressed with his play. Less so with that of his teammates.

Put him in the center and he'll win balls for you and distribute properly.

Very good match for Hutch. Very good match.

Seems to be allowed a lot of freedom, but Copenhagen attacking sucks. Little surprise they're looking somewhat to Hutch to carry some of the attacking play. Either way he played excellent on both sides of the ball tonight in my opinion.

Which is saying a lot because with Wendt over your shoulder you need eyes in the back of your head. That alone may have held Hutch back a little from taking on a more aggresive role.

First time I've seen FCK and they aren't too bad overall. Little too static at the back for sure, but an overall good solid, honest team.

But man, they've got next to nuthin' going forward.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Anybody seen a player-by-player evaluation, maybe with a personal score or letter grade like they do so often in Europe?? Would love to hear what some non-Voyageurs thought of Hutch. Certainly sounds promising though.

http://home.skysports.com/matchratings.aspx?fxid=307247&clid=569&cpid=5

And fwiw I like the fans vote better than the pundits. I didn't think Allback did a whole lot to be honest. Not that he had much service either.

I'm sure there's others.

cheers,

matthew

I thought Atiba was FCK's best player by somewhat of margin. He held possession well, passed the ball well, and tackled when required. He seemed wasted on the left though. Especially as he is naturally right footed and does not have the pace to get in behind defenses. The ITV commentators both stated near the end of the match that he was the one player that stood out from FCK for them. I think they were right.

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I thought Atiba was FCK's best player by somewhat of margin. He held possession well, passed the ball well, and tackled when required. He seemed wasted on the left though. Especially as he is naturally right footed and does not have the pace to get in behind defenses.

The 3 best FCK players were no doubt keeper Jesper Christiansen (got the vote by Danish TV commentators Brian Laudrup and Peter Schmeichel), Atiba (got the vote from TV commentator Preben Elkjaer-Larsen) and defender Gravgaard...

As for Atiba playing on the left, then this has not been his usual position at FCK, but only due to Grønkjaer getting injured and the lack of another good left winger in the squad, then Atiba was moved to the left wing position (and in some games also used as a 2nd forward).

Now Grønkjaer surprisingly is getting close to being fit to play, perhaps even for the next Man United game in Parken, or atleast for the home match against Celtic.. So Atiba then will get to play his usual position for FCK in central midfield.

Archived