Once a Whore...

ted

quote:Originally posted by manutd1

Your point is well taken, many good coaches have not played professionally, the difference is that they are not engaged by national teams before they have achieved some measure of success in the professional game! If they haven't got this then I would at least expect us to engage someone who has played at an elite level. Our players like Stalteri and Brennan are not idiots for expecting a coach who has at least as much professional experience in the game as they have...My point is we can and should expect better...

We're speaking of an interim coach who was the MNT assistant coach for a year and a half prior to his hiring, I think that's enough. The most important thing for an interim is to know the players that were there before so the team can have a sort of continuity.

So it's no big deal if Hart hasn't play pro.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No your right, Owen didn't owe Germany anything...I mean his coach was from there, the team that took him from a quality 16 year old to an England international was from there...but no the fact that he drove on taxpayer maintained roads is enough...come on.

What does owing Germany anything have to do with the fact that the Whore chose England?

Than there is this other guy,Jonathan who already is on his way to become or is one of the top young soccer players in the world.In fact he is rated as no 9

I don't know how you can rate these guys other than by the successes they had in the past and John van't Schip seem to be leading hands down.

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

Maybe he should be a candidate for the national team job! (I know nothing about him but if this is correct his credentials ain't bad).

Hold on. If owen is a whore, then so is this guy. I mean who paid for the roads he travelled on when he was 7? Not the Dutch taxpayer.

He should have opted to play for Canada internationally. He owed it to us. I mean he was here until he was 11, owen until he was 16.

Not to have helped us in 86, when soccer had a chance to go big time...

He's scum.

If Owen and John are whores only because they chose not represent Canada in international play, just because that happened to be the country where they were born, then the Canadian national team has been a bordello for for many foreign born whores.

Owen is the only man born on Canadian soil to have hoisted the European Champions Cup as a winner of that competition. No Canadian born man has played more European Champions League matches than he, or played in more World Cup Final matches, or scored a penalty kick in a WC quarter-final shoot-out (too bad for England they didn't have more Canadian-born whores on the field at the time). I tend to value this list of accomplishments just slightly ahead of the one presented by Daniel, which, however, is also a pretty goodlooking looking whore on the stroll.

I'm inclined to believe that if Canada had been able to offer similar soccer opportunities to these two talents that the Dutch and English were able to do, that Canada would be much better represented on the international stage. Do Canadians refer to actors from SCTV that have gone on too bigger stages in the world as whores? Is Radzinski (just one of a long, long list I could name) a whore? Or is that just a type of labeling, that I also have been guilty of, because of disappointment and frustration?

The stupidity of the Whoregreaves apologists never ceases to amaze me.

Tomasz Radzinski? He immigrated to Canada with his family. Not to play soccer, but for a better life. The fact that he was an elite soccer talent was not known until much later, and was not the reason he moved to Canada.

The Whore - Hasn't lived a day in England, chose personal glory over his own country, and is now bringing his whorish tactics to club soccer.

Is this simple enough for you, or will you require a pop-up book with colourful pictures instead?

The problem is that the CSA didn't nurture him; a private soccer coach from Germany nurtured him, and that was until he was 16. From that point it was Bayern who did the work. I agree that when he was younger he obviously benefitted, but I don't think Canada can take full credit for making this guy the player he has turned out to be. The facts just don't support that. I don't feel good about him not representing Canada, but the truth is the CSA's neglect and incompetence makes it an easy choice. There is no stability, there is no progression. Even without Hargreaves we should have been in the World Cup, but the CSA is not interested in bringing our guys together for the requisite amount of time. In their next game (Jamaica) they get to be coached by someone who has never played professionally, and who has less understanding of the game than the players themselves. How motivated do you think that makes them feel to fly 2,000 miles back here?

Considering the list of players called up, and that many of us have said this is the best Canadian team in a long time, I'd venture a guess to say that the players are quite motivated.

Radz was born in Poland raised in Canada became Canadian and plays for Canada. Yes he works in England for a CLUB which says nothing of his national status. The cast of SCTV are Canadians who moved to America to work, but still say they're Canadian. Since they can't choose to play for one national team over the other because they're not athletes, I found this comparison borderline retarded. Keep the whoregraves pride boat alive boys, I'm saving my lap dances for a great Canuck athlete who's not a traitor to the cause.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Is this simple enough for you, or will you require a pop-up book with colourful pictures instead?

Anyone who tries to degrade someone else by calling them a whore is need of therapy.

AND I'm sure your mom's basement is full of pop up books, like a pop up how to move out. A pop up book to get a life and stop being offended by athletes doing what's right for them and not your little life of being a fan of a sub par soccer minnow and of a club who haven't signed a single player and has named a failed scottish coach to lead them into a losing season of a minor league soccer league.

Get over it.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Radz was born in Poland raised in Canada became Canadian and plays for Canada. Yes he works in England for a CLUB which says nothing of his national status. The cast of SCTV are Canadians who moved to America to work, but still say they're Canadian. Since they can't choose to play for one national team over the other because they're not athletes, I found this comparison borderline retarded. Keep the whoregraves pride boat alive boys, I'm saving my lap dances for a great Canuck athlete who's not a traitor to the cause.

Agreed 100%.

And apparently someone else responded only to my post in this thread, despite the fact that there are many others that are of similar mindset to my own. I wonder why only mine would be singled out like that...

quote:Originally posted by G-Man/Manny/Kelly

life of being a fan of a sub par soccer minnow

I'm coming out of anti G-Man retirement for just the following two sentences. Everyone on this board (except you, it seems) is a fan of this "sub par soccer minnow", so why aren't you trying to bait them into a flamewar?

Leave me the hell alone.

Agreed 100%.

And apparently someone else responded only to my post in this thread, despite the fact that there are many others that are of similar mindset to my own. I wonder why only mine would be singled out like that...

I'm coming out of anti G-Man retirement for just the following two sentences. Everyone on this board (except you, it seems) is a fan of this "sub par soccer minnow", so why aren't you trying to bait them into a flamewar?

Leave me the hell alone.

umm.

I directed my post at you as your the one who suggested that anyone who didn't get it about Owen was a dullard and that you had pop up books to explain just how stupid we, who support him are. You had it coming.

You seem to dish it out well, but when it comes back to you, you're a poser and a big baby. And like I said anyone who calls someone a whore cause he made a career choice-- needs help and quick.

I have a pop up book that could help that.

[Mod]

Geezus. Think I've had just about as much of this as I'm going to. The Hindenburg didn't crash as hard as this thread is right now.

Manny, welcome to the forum. But you're on thin ice. Maybe through no fault of your own. But then again, maybe not. Either way that's the reality. You can accept it or don't. If you feel an injustice is being visited upon you blame, G-Man.

Rudi, you did open the door pretty wide on that one...

And on the subject of open, I'm leaving the topic that way for now. Was actually a very interesting read for the most part until this point and it may evolve off into a wider discussion yet.

If anyone has a problem with this, just e-mail me directly. Always open to feedback but please, don't go crowding this topic with mod/poster back and forths.

Cheeta

[/Mod]

Cheeta, I don't intend to be a part of G-Man's... er Manny's constant threadjacks, but I was just putting it out there (in the open) that I'm not going to fall for the baiting tactics of his current incarnation like I did in the past, so if he's looking for a sparring partner, it ain't gonna be me.

But that's that on this subject from me.

Please everyone resume either kneeling down in front of OH, or calling him a traitorous whore. I know which camp I'm in. [B)]

Would yoy agree that the Radzinski family's circumstances for immigrating to Canada as far as Tomasz is concerned were faily similar to those of de Guzman family in regard to Jonathan? Therefore, if JDG II, after going to Feijenoord at a very young age, just like Owen to Bayern, elects to play for Holland instead of Canada, would that label him as a whore also? Would you care to share with the people that you label stupid and whores your much esteemed opinions on this matter? Please don't feel you have to compromise your intellectual integrity when doing so.

The stupidity of the Whoregreaves apologists

Tomasz Radzinski? He immigrated to Canada with his family. Not to play soccer, but for a better life. The fact that he was an elite soccer talent was not known until much later, and was not the reason he moved to Canada.

The Whore - Hasn't lived a day in England, chose personal glory over his own country, and is now bringing his whorish tactics to club soccer.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Would yoy agree that the Radzinski family's circumstances for immigrating to Canada as far as Tomasz is concerned were faily similar to those of de Guzman family in regard to Jonathan? Therefore, if JDG II, after going to Feijenoord at a very young age, just like Owen to Bayern, elects to play for Holland instead of Canada, would that label him as a whore also? Would you care to share with the people that you label stupid and whores your much esteemed opinions on this matter? Please don't feel you have to compromise your intellectual integrity when doing so.

The stupidity of the Whoregreaves apologists

I'm sorry... what????

I think you have to distinguish what Hargreves did with how he did it. His decision to play for England can be supported on professional ground and opposed on nationalistic ones. His manner in doing it, for the longest time leaving the impression that he would choose Canada, the lame excuse about being snubbed at 15 and his refusal to deal with the Canadian press about the decision account for more of the anger towards him than the decision alone. Compare to DeGuzeman, he has not led people on, he has not made dumb rationalizations and he has leaked things to the press, as a result he does not attract the same vitriol as has hargreaves (not to say that people agree with his flirting with the Dutch).

I think the last point is a very good one. If there is something to be annoyed about it was that he went on a fishing trip with respect to his team of allegiance. How he did it wasn't very admirable. But the choice stands, and he is certainly not alone.

I think the last point is a very good one. If there is something to be annoyed about it was that he went on a fishing trip with respect to his team of allegiance. How he did it wasn't very admirable. But the choice stands, and he is certainly not alone.

BZZZZZZZZZ! Wrong! [xx(]

He is totally alone. I am aware of no other international player who was offered a chance to play for his country, said on national television he WOULD play for his country, who then turned around and played for a foreign country when his native land was desparate for quality players.

He is, and always will be, a whore because he broke his word and turned his back on his country.

I have no problem with people earning an honest living or being richly rewarded for talent and hard work. I do have a problem with people who do it without class. [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by ted

BZZZZZZZZZ! Wrong! [xx(]

He is totally alone. I am aware of no other international player who was offered a chance to play for his country, said on national television he WOULD play for his country, who then turned around and played for a foreign country when his native land was desparate for quality players.

England is also desperate for quality players. :D

Anyway, I assure you Owen is 100% happy with the decision he made. Why? Because people are inherently selfish and this decision made his life alot better. So might as well accept that and don't let yourself get wound-up.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

England is also desperate for quality players. :D

LOL! :D

"Wound up"[?]

Naaaah, my job as a national team supporter is, in part, to wind up the opposition. Some day I may get the chance to sing "Who's yer father, Owen WHORE-greaves?" as he has decided to become our opposition.

Really I could care less what the little tw@t does with his life. It's just fun to pick on his supporters who seem confused about the purpose of this board (hint: its not supporting foreign players). [:P]

I gotta be honest with you guys. I'm an underdog of a man. I mean I try my best but things just aren't working out. My wife said we'd stay together forever but I guess she always dreamed of better things. One day she met this other guy who had more money than me and drove a cool jag to work. She left me for this jerk without saying a word. I got a text from her on my phone saying I forgot her birthday once a long time ago, and that's why she left me. So I was sort of wondering...Can I call my wife a whore? Will some of you apologize for her if I do? Thanks.

Archived