Roster for Jamaica game

loyola

I know the match is in Montreal and that the Impact are the class of the Canadian USL squads, but do either the Lynx or Whitecaps have any young Canadian players in the same class as the Impact contingent called up for this friendly? Is Matondo doing anything worthy of mention this year? Any standouts for Toronto?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by loyola

I would like to know why Lars isn't there, I don't think it's a conspiracy but I would feel better if we had an explanation since the guy is our keeper playing at the highest level at the moment.

I don't like Kenny being called with the kind of season he's having...

Not sure about Pozniak and Reda.

No Kluka, Serioux, DeRo, Jazic and Nsaliwa.

I think we'll have a better picture when we'll see the roster for the game and Jamaica and the "suppose friendly" we'll have in Europe.

It's still a strong squad, I think we'll see this starting 11:

Sutton

Stalteri-----Reda-------Mckenna-----Simpson (maybe Braz on the right and Stalteri in the central D instead of Reda)

Bernier-----DeGuzman-----Brennan

Radz--------------------Humne

----------------Occean----------- (or Friend)

Forgot Hutchinson in my lineup, let's change the lineup for a 4-4-2

Stalteri-------Reda-------Mckenna------Simpson

Bernier-------DeGuzman----Hutch--------Brennan

--------------Friend-------Hume--------------

Hmm. Just wondering if it's a plan, or just a happy accident that both Hume and Radz have been called (and odviously accepted) along with Occean and Friend. Two greyhounds. Two giants.

HAVE to play Hutch and The Guz for at least an hour. Don't care if it is a friendly. Have to play them in the middle together.

Left wing/fullback is a bit of a puzzler though. Josh is playing these days and JB ain't, so what the Hell, eh?

Am expecting loads of sub's. And a trot out by Diesel, but not too much. Better to ease back into things, ankle and being just into the EPL season and all.

Very curious about de Rossario. Pity to miss him this time around but if a November friendly is in the works maybe we'll get a chance to see him at his best yet.

this is the best team weve had called in a long time. little preparation time or not, we should beat jamaica at home. in my book, stamatopolous, braz, radz, pozniak, reda, and grande should all be replaced by the next generation- so it will be interesting to see if any of those guys can prove they deserve a spot. my 11:

radz friend hume

deguzman hutch bernier

simpson mckenna gervais stalteri

sutton

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Just wondering if it's a plan, or just a happy accident that both Hume and Radz have been called (and odviously accepted) along with Occean and Friend. Two greyhounds. Two giants.

First half: Radz and Friend. Second half: Hume and Occean. Sounds like a (good) plan, to me. ;)

HAVE to play Hutch and The Guz... ...in the middle together.

I am salivating at this thought (fingers crossed).

Left wing/fullback is a bit of a puzzler though. Josh is playing these days and JB ain't, so what the Hell, eh?

This (left wingback) is puzzling me too, especially considering that both are more midfielders, than true defenders. We'll have to stay tuned...

My theory is this: with the match being in Montreal, Sutton is more or less guaranteed the start. I'm not sure there is any point ruffling the feathers of Rosenborg just to bring Lars over and sit on the bench. If Sutton were chosen over Lars for a European match, I'll start to get worried (because, like this wildboy nutjob, I think Lars is Canada's best goalkeeping option right now).

quote:Originally posted by canso

Anybody have any theories as to why Lars hasn't been called up?

Since he is no longer part of Canadian Soccer. Starting in 2004 when Yallop took over a plan was put in place to exclude Lars from Canadian Soccer forever. He gradualy was taken out of the program, only starting one WCQ game, then splitting a couple starts with Sutton, and has now not started in 9 consecutive games for Canada, not making a start for Canada in what will now be 18 months.

There were excuses for prior omissions-he did not have a club, he was not in season, he had not been playing enough, etc....Now though he is playing with the best club of all the Canadian goalkeepers by far and is still not called up. They chose to call a Canadian keeper who has lost his starting job at the worst club in Norway even over him, the same club Lars excelled at last year as well. No longer was there any excuse not to call him, so no longer can they hide their conspiracy to keep him out of Canadian Soccer forever that has been in place for 2 years.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

My theory is this: with the match being in Montreal, Sutton is more or less guaranteed the start. I'm not sure there is any point ruffling the feathers of Rosenborg just to bring Lars over and sit on the bench. If Sutton were chosen over Lars for a European match, I'll start to get worried (because, like this wildboy nutjob, I think Lars is Canada's best goalkeeping option right now).

I agree with that theory, don't want to piss Lars by having him on the bench. But I would like a confirmation that Hart has the intention of calling him for the next game (no reasons not to call him this time).

I don't know if any of you guys will have a press pass and trying to interview Stephen Hart and ask him "Can you prove that I'm wrong when I say that Lars has been permanently excluded of canadian soccer?" or "do you plan to recall Lars for one of the remaining 2 friendlies?".

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Until the tin-foil hat conspiracist decides to acknowledge the fact that Hirschfeld was called (by Yallop) for the Luxembourg match, everything he says is utter crap.

I did acknowledge that on another forum. If you did not read it that is your problem.

as much as i dont want to be associated with wildboy in any way, i do have to say that i dont buy the 'the game is montreal so we have to play sutton so lets leave hirsch out for just this one time'.

lars is BY FAR our best, playing well at a level sutton is nowhere near. this is an A game with all of our best players, and hirsch is still not called after winning a starting job with Rosenborg. i dont get it. if the montreal bias thing is true, it still stinks. but yea we should give it one more game.

It is hilarious to read some of you think Lars will be called for the next game, and maybe even start the next game(LOL!). I think part of that is just nobody wanting to acknowledge I was right on what I have been saying for so long now. Lars is through with Canadian soccer, finito, done. It was known 2 years ago he would be gradualy dropped from the program, and now he is at the point he is excluded permenantly. Nothing that he does would ever give them a reason to call him up. The excuses are no longer there, the truth is now evident, and some are still in denial.

OK! We get it, wildboy26. You are either:

a. Lars Hirschfeld himself

b. a family member of Lars'

c. a friend of Lars'

We get that you've taken Hirschfeld's exclusion from this and other matches personally. We understand.

Now please, for the love of all that is good, stop.

Thank you.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

as much as i dont want to be associated with wildboy in any way, i do have to say that i dont buy the 'the game is montreal so we have to play sutton so lets leave hirsch out for just this one time'.

lars is BY FAR our best, playing well at a level sutton is nowhere near. this is an A game with all of our best players, and hirsch is still not called after winning a starting job with Rosenborg. i dont get it. if the montreal bias thing is true, it still stinks. but yea we should give it one more game.

While I agree with you when you're saying that we should not be playing a guy in goal just because he's playing in his hometown. I would like to remind you that Sutton almost signed with Start of the Norwegian Premier division this year so it would at least suggest that he's in the same league as Lars.

But I still think that when both of you're keeper are getting a lot of playing with their clubs and their is a big gap between the leagues they are playing in your #1 should be the one playing at the highest level. In our case Lars.

If Sutton was playing in the MLS I wouldn't mind having him starting over Lars.

But that's still only one game and we haven't heard any explanations yet so let's wait.

quote:Originally posted by Kibby

wow great team.. im so making the drive to montreal, i've always wanted to see radz play

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see most of these guys live for the first time too.

Feel free to join us in the General Admission section. It should be a blast.

Not a bad team at all. I'm a little surprised we have Stalteri, Braz and Pozniak all at the same time, but it's a pretty solid team and hopefully a few of the players who aren't included get a run out in November.

I'd start . . .

-----------------Sutton

Stalteri--------Reda---McKenna-----Simpson

------Hutchinson--DeGuzman---Brennan

----------Hume---------Radzinski

------------------Friend

with liberal subs all around. I’m hoping Brennan and Radzinski are ready to go, if not we have options (I would like to see Bernier and Grade get a good run out and might as well sub Stalteri, Radzinski and DeGuzman out at half or so).

No excuses. With this side, we should beat Jamaica at home.

cheers,

matthew

When I was reading this roster I was slowly scrolling down 1 player at a time. I wasnt all that impressed with the selection until I hit Stalteri, then came the Guz and Radz, then a smile. Its great to see that we are fielding a near full strength squad for a home friendly; great exposure.

When I think about exclusions, I would like to have seen Dero and Klukouski, but I realize we have this particular squad, a few good players left out, but mainly we have a whole cart load of exciting youngsters, all just waiting to be called up. We are getting some real and quality depth, that's the best part.

The midfield numbers, while full of quality players, are a bit small. That leads me to believe we will be seeing the same 4-3-3 as in recent friendlies.

My 2 cents:

---------Sutton--------

Stalteri--Reda--McKenna--Simpson

--Deguzman--Hutchinson--Brennan

Hume-------Friend-------Radz

However it might be effective if in a 4-4-2 the midfield was:

Stalteri--Deguzman--Hutchinson--Brennan

Archived