Clyde Tour Of Canada

PSG

And so the saga is finally over...

Boss Roberts set to leave Clyde

Joe Miller will take over from Graham Roberts at Broadwood

Clyde will finally sever ties with manager Graham Roberts on Tuesday, with assistant Joe Miller officially taking charge, BBC Sport understands.

A long-awaited investigation into Roberts' behaviour on a post-season tour is expected to be made public.

It followed a number of complaints against Roberts that he had allegedly made "racist and anti-semitic" comments on the tour to Canada.

He was placed on leave while Clyde's probe dragged on during the summer.

Former Rangers defender Roberts and former Celtic forward Miller took charge a year ago, when they had only three signed players and had to rebuild with players freed from other clubs.

Clyde finished fifth in the First Division and recorded a famous victory over Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

But Miller vowed never to work with Roberts again after claim and counter claim resulting from the trip to Canada.

And, while Roberts was on leave, Miller was installed as caretaker and extended his own playing contract.

Miller told BBC Sport: "It has sickened me, but these are the politics and things that go on in the game.

"I came back and had to be the old head in the place and keep them focused on the season ahead.

"I've just tried to look after myself and keep my own counsel."

Clyde have been virtually inactive in the transfer market during the summer and have suffered three straight defeats after an opening-day draw away to St Johnstone.

Archived