Voyageur email accounts being targeted by scammers

Paddy

Not sure if anyone has posted this but here is an example of a very popular scam being run at the moment:

Hello Paddy

You received the following message from: lilia_ (liliadikko37@yahoo.com)

At: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/

DEAREST ONE,

I GOT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE ( www.renaissancefestival.com) AND I DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY,HOPING THAT BY ALMIGHTY GOD GRACE YOU WILL SUCCESSFULLY ASSIST ME OUT FROM MY SITUATION AFTER MY SEVEN GOOD DAYS PRAYERS AND FASTING OVER SEEKING FOR AN OVERSEES GUARDANCE .

I AM LILIA DIKKO (22 YEARS OLD) THE DAUGHTER OF LATE JOSEPH DIKKO WATTARAH WHO WAS A FAMOUS POLITICIAN BASED IN ABIDJAN,THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST WHO WAS ASSINATED. I AM SEEKING FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION TO HELP ME TRANSFER THE SUM OF (US$10,500,000.00 )TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE OF AMERICAN DOLLARS INTO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT OVERSEAS FOR AN INVESTMENTS PURPOSES,SUCH AS REAL ESTATES MANAGEMENTS AND STOCK MARKERTS.

PLEASE SWEET HEART, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 15% OF THIS MY TOTAL FUND AS YOUR COMMISSION FOR YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE TO ME.PLEASE KINDLY WRITE FOR MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS CONCERNING THIS MY MUTUAL TRANSACTION. SEND URGENTLY REPLT TO (liliadikko37@yahoo.com)

YOURS SWEET HEART,

LILIA DIKKO.

Guest Jeffery S.

That is the 419 or a variation on it, the Nigerian e-mail fraud.

I am organizing an art exhibition on the theme this November in a gallery outside of Barcelona, have quite a bit of documentation on the subject, including legal cases, humouristic follow-ups, films (Mamet's "The Spanish Prisoner" is basically a version of the scam).

If you get any good ones of these, particularly rare or unusual, I happen to collect them, so send them in doc form my way. There are quite a few of us dedicating our time to this subject in fact, so don't think I'm odd.

Archived