What will be the team vs Jamaica?

wildboy26

quote:Originally posted by Tyson M

I hope Lars gets picked just to shut you up.

Unless you actually know Lars or someone in the CSA you dont "know" anything about Lars and are simply being stubborn.

Lars was not picked for the Jamaica game BTW, the inferior Sutton and Stampaulous were picked as usual. So I guess the "I hope he gets picked just to shut you up." wont be happening.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by canadiankick97

I'm so winning that $200[8D]

Why would you say that when Lars was not picked to even be one of the two goalkeepers for the first tie held since he became the starting goalkeeper at Rosenburg? All that shows is that he is not even wanted when he is starting for by far the top club of any of the Canadian keepers, he is still shunned.

I also e-mailed you for details on how to pay you in case you ever did win the bet and you did not answer my e-mail. Did you not get it?

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

It wouldn't surprise me if Lars was not picked for this game but where did you get that info? Do you have the full roster?

I have a friend in Edmonton who e-mailed me about tennis but also mentioned that he heard Lars on a radio program saying he was not picked for the Jamaica friendly, and was surprised that he wasnt. He should not be surprised by it. They have been giving him the hint for well over a year now, "no matter what you do, we dont want you, get lost."

I will e-mail him now and ask him if he heard about any of the rest of the roster. That was all he told me though.

quote:Originally posted by wildboy26

Why would you say that when Lars was not picked to even be one of the two goalkeepers for the first tie held since he became the starting goalkeeper at Rosenburg? All that shows is that he is not even wanted when he is starting for by far the top club of any of the Canadian keepers, he is still shunned.

I also e-mailed you for details on how to pay you in case you ever did win the bet and you did not answer my e-mail. Did you not get it?

Did not get that e-mail, sorry.

Did not get that e-mail, sorry.

Well send me an e-mail at davidr22us@yahoo.com I can send you one back asking you again then. [8D]

Still not sure what gives you confidence Lars will start twice before the end of 2008 in order for you to win the bet though when he is not even asked to be one of the 2 goalkeepers for the game in 2 weeks despite having an excellent year playing for the best club of all the Canadian keepers. That would seem to show there is nothing he can do to be offered any games for the CST.

Usually, I won't bet on something for that much unless I think I have a really good chance at winning. I don't want to provoke anything and argue, but I have strong confidence that he will start 2 games by the end of 2008. Not being selected for the game against Jamaica doesn't dent that confidence one bit.

Usually, I won't bet on something for that much unless I think I have a really good chance at winning. I don't want to provoke anything and argue, but I have strong confidence that he will start 2 games by the end of 2008. Not being selected for the game against Jamaica doesn't dent that confidence one bit.

So Canadian Soccer are still excluding him from games when he is playing for by far the top club of the Canadian keepers, and having a great year, what on earth makes you think he would ever be picked, let alone twice? They are still shunning him, and excluding him from

Canadian Soccer even while he is starting for Rosenburg, what on earth is he going to do better then that.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

You're using Stalteri injuries in your argument but ignoring the fact that Lars was in the Luxembourg squad(that's only 3 games ago) but decided to withdraw due to an injury.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2343

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2344

Wildboy26:

Could you please explain this?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Wildboy26:

Could you please explain this?

Lars was only asked since Sutton was not available and they needed a 2nd goalie to go with Kenny since you always bring a spare in case the starter is injured. He was already at the point of being excluded to point he was only brought as a desperation backup if one of Greg or Kenny could not go/was injured. He was offered that for the Luxemburg game but did not end up going. I dont blame him one bit for not going, whether he was injured or not.

Now with Waagenar emerging Lars is even further down the pecking order, no matter what he does he would never be given a start ever again. The fact he was not offered to be one of the 2 goalies called for the Jamaica tie, when he is now starting at a great club and there would be no excuses not to include him again certainly shows that. There is nothing he can do since the powers that be want nothing to do with him except as a desperation measure.

Where did you see the roster for the Jamaica game? How do you know that Lars hasn.t been called?

Sutton not available in November for a friendly??? Explain to me why he wasn't available with MTL Impact season being over for 2 months at that time and him not being injured???

If the CSA was on the verge of excluding him at that time, explain to us why they didn't called Sutton, Begovic or Wagenaar (he was called for the previous game against Spain) for that game???

Where did you see the roster for the Jamaica game? How do you know that Lars hasn.t been called?

I told you my friend in Edmonton who I e-mail mostly to talk about tennis was just mentioning to me in an e-mail that he heard Lars in an interview on an Edmonton radio show saying he was not picked as one of the two goalkeepers for Canada in the upcoming friendly, and that he was surprised he was not. The radio station tried to put it down to being busy with his club, but sounded glum about the whole thing according to what he told me. I am surprised you had not heard about it yet, I would have expected you to know these things before I do, although I only got it from somebody else so I was lucky.

Sutton not available in November for a friendly??? Explain to me why he wasn't available with MTL Impact season being over for 2 months at that time and him not being injured???

After Lars withdrew they went to Begovic. There was never any mention of Sutton to even replace Lars after he pulled out, despite the fact he was starting most of the games played for Canada at the time. If he was available and was not even picked as a backups replacement, there would have been some article on it somewhere pointing that out dont you think?

If the CSA was on the verge of excluding him at that time, explain to us why they didn't called Sutton, Begovic or Wagenaar (he was called for the previous game against Spain) for that game???

Begovic and Wagenaar are still working their way up, and at that point was probably a bit soon for them. Even now they are still working their way up, but Wagenaar atleast is probably over Lars as any future choice as well.

As usual I was right. I may be the only one who sees Lars is out of Canadian Soccer like Daniel says but it is because I am the only one who can think with any logic. A goalkeeper has not played for Canada in 18 months, and the CSA decides he is a weaker goalkeeper then a crummy goalkeeper who is not even starting for the worst team in Norway, while he is starting for the best club, and yet people still talk about Lars as if he is a big part of Soccer Canada in the coming years. ROTFL!

• 6 months later...

Archived