Jonathan postpones decision...

john tv

Just received an e-mail which outlines Jonathan's reason not to choose yet between Canada and Holland.Jonathan is well within the time to do so,applying for a Dutch passport,but it seem that what made him reconsider were all the problems with Kalou's decision to choose Holland yet seem to becoma political issue in Holland.

So let us all keep our fingers crossed and he may very well play for Canada next year right here in Toronto.What a story.

Along with the e-mail an article was attached also outlining his progress in Holland and it is to bad that you can't read this, one amazing great Canadian soccer story,mindboggling stuff.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

So, the story is that nothing's changed. Fantastic.

Please don't mix reports (passport, political issue) with your speculation (playing in TO), it sets people off.

Since we are being polite, please shut up Daniel, you are being a moron. If John receives an e-mail which is basically confidential, which he cannot share in its entirety, but whose jist is that the problems Kalou had getting a passport are making Jono doubt, that is news. Better than your idiotic contributions any day, which, as the phrase goes, really "set people off".

quote:Originally posted by john tv

see,www.frgoals.nl

Fun reading provided by FreeTranslation.com:

Jonathan the Guzman, Canadian growth diamond

He made to move the large step through as 12-birthday 'little guy' abroad. With many pain in its heart he did that finally good at and there lies yet a whole cariérre for the door. FRGoals. nl lays be yet early career and youth once good under the magnifying glass: Jonathan the Guzman, Canadian growth diamond.

On 13 September 1987 was a day that father Bobby and mother Paulina not fast will forget. The dolgelukkige parents their second child got: Jonathan Alexander the Guzman. The boy wanted to live a full football in Scarborough (nearby Toronto, Canada) with its brother Julian. Both became later profvoetballer and moved from Canada to Europe; Julian went to France, where he for Olimpique Marseille (later Deportivo Drawer Coruna) wanted to play and Jonathan sought its safety in the Netherlands: he wanted to play football for 'the' large Feyenoord.

Jonathan the Guzman moved in its 12de year to Rotterdam already. Without parents or a knowledge, he dared to risk the at a large step and to go totally only abroad. He good was caught at the canteen woman Norma, where he lived. In the Netherlands, he wanted to talk the language and are VMBO-diploma obtained he. Its mother attached after all many value on school.

In the youth teams by Feyenoord, he fell immediately on through its technique; that brilliant aanname and passing. The positive words of trainers, that many trust in him had, were symbolized through the leaders tie that he omkreeg. Immediately suspend he with head and shoulders above the rest from and everybody knew that he it would get.

Especially in the A-youth, he posted much personal successes; he became topscorer of the Shell-youth competition and rewarded with the title 'largest talent of the competetitie'. Also through that wanted to trust Jonathan the Guzman many in a good result of its cariérre as youth player. There sprouted up wanted to play football however one problem, he just its 18de birthday at the most very worst level, because he is a foreigner.

As a reward, he was gotten to train really by the first with. He wanted to say did many on the trained sessions with Feyenoord 1, what him to own good. Then finally was it so far, precisely 18 year and 5 days after its birth made he its debut. Against SC gentlemen peat bog, the Guzman played 8 minutes and walked after 90 minutes satisfied and dolgelukkig as a winner of the field (5-1). After that went it super-fast. As fast even that there was feared that he near its shoes would go walk.

The Guzman remained strengthen on the bone between the players in the major League and proved to can the level on. He saw to for it that Philip Cocu 90 minutes long not in the competition drunk and grew from till a fixed power under Erwin Koeman. Its first treffer in the paid football makes PREY made to peck he on on visit with Willem II on 30 October (1-3).Tegen he a magnificent goal, through a ball from the airy on, notwithstanding that within to pull and the keeper to verschalken. Especially the manner on which was from enjoying, notwithstanding that one corner look and in the other corner shoot. The Guzman played final 29 competitions and know 4 turn to find it just. Also European he gained experience. Against Rapid Bucharest, he played in the Uefa Cup and also that did he many men surprise. Unfortunately Feyenoord was eliminated and came there yet no continuation on its European career.

Feyenoord wanted to trust to lay in him from through a contract for till the summer of 2010. The young middenvelder hesitated no moment and set its signature through which he is to be admired yet long in the Tub. Youngest selection player of Feyenoord played as if had he for years experience. He grew from until one of the public darlings and its name were chanted by the Legion: "Guzman, Guzman, Guzman, Guzman".

Feyenoord will can enjoy yet long this Canadian that it has totally in self. He learned footballs through the video's of Wheel Coerver. Probably he will can write yet a number of large European clubs behind its name. On its mentality will not lie the in every case!

Sorry, 2 articles on John's link. This might be the one John was refering to:

The Guzman puts decision between Canada and Orange from Author:

Boyd Source: FRGoals.

nl Jonathan the Guzman will temporarily yet no choice make for which countries he want to come out, that reports the paper version of sport week. He is a born Canadian, but is the Dutch interlandvoetbal on the other hand of a to pieces higher level, lives he it for 6 year and controls he the language excellent. The 18-birthday technical expert would want to take through the business with Kalou last year yet no decision, because he address complete will on Feyenoord. He has no sense in getouwtrek between the countries and law affairs.

Also in the weekly, an interview stands with Godfather Bosz and Chris Woerts. Godfather Bosz gives at that not everybody just can be gotten: "Erwin cannot just what players indicate that he eager will have the selection to strengthen. In that sense, Henk more easily has had began it to Cate then he by Ajax. But the will do not say that you therefore kansloos are to respect of your competitors. We want to enter into the fight fully", according to the technical manager.

Sorry, 2 articles on John's link. This might be the one John was refering to:

The Guzman puts decision between Canada and Orange from Author:

Boyd Source: FRGoals.

nl Jonathan the Guzman will temporarily yet no choice make for which countries he want to come out, that reports the paper version of sport week. He is a born Canadian, but is the Dutch interlandvoetbal on the other hand of a to pieces higher level, lives he it for 6 year and controls he the language excellent. The 18-birthday technical expert would want to take through the business with Kalou last year yet no decision, because he address complete will on Feyenoord. He has no sense in getouwtrek between the countries and law affairs.

Also in the weekly, an interview stands with Godfather Bosz and Chris Woerts. Godfather Bosz gives at that not everybody just can be gotten: "Erwin cannot just what players indicate that he eager will have the selection to strengthen. In that sense, Henk more easily has had began it to Cate then he by Ajax. But the will do not say that you therefore kansloos are to respect of your competitors. We want to enter into the fight fully", according to the technical manager.

Just received an e-mail which outlines Jonathan's reason not to choose yet between Canada and Holland.Jonathan is well within the time to do so,applying for a Dutch passport,but it seem that what made him reconsider were all the problems with Kalou's decision to choose Holland yet seem to becoma political issue in Holland.

So let us all keep our fingers crossed and he may very well play for Canada next year right here in Toronto.What a story.

Along with the e-mail an article was attached also outlining his progress in Holland and it is to bad that you can't read this, one amazing great Canadian soccer story,mindboggling stuff.

=

the only thing we know for sure is that we know nothing for sure

=

the only thing we know for sure is that we know nothing for sure

It is certainly very very funny to read that translation,yet it seems to get the message accross.I suppose those computere generated translations although very limited still work,at least it is a lot better than nothing and or guessing.

I also learned that Jonathan was the man of the match when Feyenoord played against Chelsea. He was stuck between Ballack and Lampart and came out no 1.

That makes 2 Canadian players MOTM vs Chelsea

DeRo & JoNo

It is certainly very very funny to read that translation,yet it seems to get the message accross.I suppose those computere generated translations although very limited still work,at least it is a lot better than nothing and or guessing.

I also learned that Jonathan was the man of the match when Feyenoord played against Chelsea. He was stuck between Ballack and Lampart and came out no 1.

Stop the Insanity! Voyageur on Voyageur violence has got to stop. Can't we all just get along?

From the Life of Brian;

BRIAN:

Brothers! Brothers! We should be struggling together!

FRANCIS:

We are! Ohh.

BRIAN:

We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!

EVERYONE:

The Judean People's Front?!

BRIAN:

No, no! The Romans!

Except, instead of the Romans, it's the CSA!!!!

Jonathan is as Canadian as you can get. He was here for his vacation and even donated his team shirt to Canada's Soccer Hall of fame on display as well as Julian's shirt. Looks great.There is now even talk about making 'our 18 year old captain of feyenoord"Heck he was the captain of the yout team when they won the Dutch cup and he was voted as the best yout soccer player in Holland.Yje funny part is that if his name is mentioned in the dutch media,it is always the Canadian de Guzman.There is this jerk on Dutch television who is THE soccer commentator,he adores our guy from Canada. Can't stop talking about him and i can't stand the guy. I have no idea what is going to happen, all i know is that Jonathan always comes back to Canada for his vacation.Yap two Canadian made the foreign headlines,hey l,mouth,what happened,anyway yes Dero and Jonathan where the bad guys against Chelsea, our boys from Scarborough and Dero being my nemesis,coached against him and I knew than some 18 years ago this kid would be playing for Canada,I was so convinced,still remeber how he killed my team, time and time again.Anyway our boys from Scarborough took on Chelsea and did very well, makes me feel very good. Anybody wants to start a rumour about Chelsea.

Can I say it one more time? (since I seem to be the bad guy in this thread)

WE ARE FANS. YOU ARE CANADIAN WHEN YOU PLAY FOR CANADA. IF YOU CHOOSE TO ABANDON YOUR TEAM AND COUNTRY AND SUIT UP FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY, WE WILL *NOT* SUPPORT YOU NOR CARE WHAT YOU DO WITHIN CANADA TO "BETTER" SOCCER.

Glad to hear that Jono is as Canadian as a beaver doused with maple syrup, but it sort of means diddly-squat if he chooses to play for the national team of another country, don't you think. Mind you, I think what john tv is sort of suggesting is that maybe, just maybe, Jono DOES feel Canadian-enough to make the good decision. I suspect this is what he is hinting at.

I'd say this one now leans 70 - 30 in favour of his selecting Holland. Which is an improvement. As of the last little while I would have given it a 95 - 5.

Come on Jon. You'd have a hero's welcome and a great tournament if you came out for our U20s next year. And promotion to the senior side would be immediate, I suspect.

Archived