U20 Tourny pass info and stadium seating for MTL

Daniel

If you are a real follower of the game who has been to watch many matches live, you gotta love the way the organizers in Canada are showing their ignorance of the game of soccer through the allotment/ assignment of seats and corresponding prices. This is proving to be a real bonus to those of us who know and follow the game.

I have noticed the same with the layout for the matches in Toronto and other soccer events in Canada as well. It would appear that they have the classic north american sports ( Hockey,baseball, football) perspective when they come up with this rather than the perspective of soccer fans. Ever notice that at hockey games, the politicians, corporate bigwigs and other freeloaders are always seated at centre near ice level, but in soccer, you always see the camera shots of Sepp blatter and other politicians seated in the middle of the pitch, half way up or even further up than that in the stands.

Why in in world would they price the ground level middle of the pitch seats as their premium seats when mid / high up are priced as the cheap seats. The upper deck middle is priced the same as behind the net. This is the baseball and football way of thinking where you are actually following more closely the ball/puck and the play as it happens and being closer to the field and players enhances the overall experience of being there live. But in soccer, being very low does not give you the best vantage point because you are not able to appreciate the build up and tactical aspect of the game. example, you cant (see as well) who is making the good runs away from the ball or how the defenders are playing the forwards vis a vis the off side etc….

In that Big O display, my first choice would be the upper Blues. Followed by the yellows in the 430 to 450 range. But I would never fork out 150$ to be seated in the reds, which the organizers seem to think should be the most expensive. Similarly behind the nets, ask anyone who was at the Skydome last month to watch the Can US game and who was also in Foxboro to watch the GC match involving Can-CRC, about what they thought of being seated behind the nets. If you are higher up, its OK as was the case in Forboro, but if I am seated low and behind the nets ( behind home plate on your chart)as was the case at Skydome, I'd rather stay home and watch on TV. Yet all those seats are priced the same and middle uppers

Free Kick I agree with you 15 to 30 rows up is the best at any game. You see the whole game. Ever sit at ice level at a hockey game. First you can't see through the glass at the benches one side or the penalty boxes on the other if you're too low.

At a CFL/CIS football game the field is so huge that at field level all you see is 1/4 of the field. Same with soccer. I've never understood why folk pay so much to be at the level of play. Baseball may be the exception But that's me. A hundred for 2nd tier seems good. See you in Montréal Aug 16 next.

Thought that I could do some internet research using google on this topic, to see if I am off base on this. Seat layout ( similar to the above for the Big Owe) one have been hard to find so far. But I have come come up with this for Stamford bridge. Which seems to confirm my viewpoint that Canadian soccer organizers are out to lunch. check out where the premium seats are located.

Home Fans*:

West Stand Upper & Middle Tiers: £60 - No Concessions

West Stand Lower Tier: Adults £48 - No Concessions

Shed End Stand Upper Tier: Adults £48 - No Concessions

Shed End Stand Lower Tier: Adults £45 - No Concessions

Matthew Harding Upper Tier: Adults £48 - No Concessions

Matthew Harding Lower Tier: Adults: £45 - No Concessions

East Stand Upper Tier: Adults: £48, Senior Citizens/Under 16's £20, Young Adults (16-21) £35

East Stand Middle Tier: Season Tickets Only

East Stand Lower Tier (Family Area): Adults: £35, Senior Citizens/Under 16's £15

Away Fans:

Shed End Stand Upper Tier: Adults £48, Senior Citizens/Under 16's £20

Shed End Stand Lower Tier: Adults £45, Senior Citizens/Under 16's £20

I think that you'll find that behind the net seating in most NA stadia is pretty good for football, no matter where your located. Largely because the 1st row of seating is quite high compared to so many European facilities.

Wouldn't sweat those prices too much. Know of friends of the family who are very, very middle class Londoners, Reading fans in fact, who're in the 35,000 pound earnings range (each of course). Think they'd give about as much thought to dropping 50 pound on a match ticket as you'd give to dropping $50 for an CFL ticket. (Recall that they seem to consider driving expensive though. Only one car in the family). Point being it's all relative.

Oh, and by the by. It realy is training the eye isn't it? Grew up on the upper deck at Winnipeg Arena and never got to watch a game on the lower level until I was in my 20s. What an eye opener. The players seemed huge, the ice crowded, and you got a true appreciation for the violence and speed of the game down there at ice level which never was available in the nosebleed sections.

Kinda boring down there though. Couldn't find a mickey bottle flung in anger to save your life.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Oh, and by the by. It realy is training the eye isn't it? Grew up on the upper deck at Winnipeg Arena and never got to watch a game on the lower level until I was in my 20s. What an eye opener. The players seemed huge, the ice crowded, and you got a true appreciation for the violence and speed of the game down there at ice level which never was available in the nosebleed sections.

Thats true. Hockey and baseball are two sports where closer versus farther makes a huge difference. Plus hockey is ( as you said) an emotional sport therefore you feel like your are much more a part of the event when your seated closer to the action. With baseball, so much that is critical to game apears in that small area between the batter box and the pitchers mound. The further you are from this area, the more oblivious you are to whats really going on and your attention between pitches starts to wander to other things like the Jumbotron, the team mascot and the babe in the short skirt seated a few rows away. With Football, I agree that every seat is a good seat. Though Soccer IMO is quite different from these sports.

Archived