National Soccer Stadium Progress

JesseDart

Guest speedmonk42

For what purpose would it be expanded?

------------------

For all our complaints about the CSA.

Surely if WE don't have any vision for the future, how can we expect them to?

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

For what purpose would it be expanded?

------------------

For all our complaints about the CSA.

Surely if WE don't have any vision for the future, how can we expect them to?

My point was there is a perfectly good stadium with Field Turf that holds enough for big crowds just down the road......the complaint against the Rogmahal is that it is lacking atmosphere when the crowds are small...it is a terrific stadium (particularly for soccer) when the crowds get to be 30k+....so why would you spend any money expanding the soccer stadium?

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

Terrific stadium for soccer? were you there for the recent U20 games? After the seeing the recent U20 friendly there, I take issue with your claim. That was the worst sightlines that I have every experienced at a soccer game. By far

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Mike have you seen some Italian and French first division grounds? Treviso, Ascoli, Palermo, Chievo, Nice etc? Some pretty grim, utilitarian stuff in these first world, first divisions.

Nice's stadium, Stade du Ray, pretty basic stuff:

http://www.stadiumguide.com/ray.htm

Well I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of the yo-yo teams that occupy Serie A for a year or two before going back down (Empoli, Ascoli, Sienna, etc.) I specifically think of Italy when I see grounds without roofs. Granted, we are a predominantly summer soccer playing nation so we don't absolutely need roofs as they do in Northern Europe.

Mike.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

yes i was.....midfield 22 rows up....great sightlines....don't sit any lower than that!

it is an inappropriate stadium for matches that are going to draw that sort of crowd....it is a terrific stadium for big crowds (Liverpool v Porto and Celtic v Roma as examples)....that is why i don't ever see the "new ex" ever being expanded....we already have a big crowd stadium.

Archived