The CSA website

loyola

I just want to say that the CSA website is a total disgrace.

I'm looking at the list of our men's player and they still have Daniel Fernandes up there when he isn't even eligible to play for us. Marcel De Jong has been with Roda JC for a while and they haven't made any update about that (they list him as being with Helmond Sport). Olivieri still listed with the MTL Impact. Gaspare Borselino with the MTL Impact. Brennan with Southampton. Mike Franks, Vancouver Whitecaps. Gerba with IFK, no word on him being loan to Odd Greenland. Alim Karim at Syracuse University. Mark Rogers still with WW.

That's some of the exampl I've notice. I don't know who's responsability it is to maintain the updates on players but it's been a long time since it's been done.

Also, "The Bootroom" was a nice addition to the site, but they are making an update every 4 months.

They aren't even listing the Caribbean cup in the list of upcoming events.

I'm tired of this site, it would be so simple to be making updates and having a nice site......

To be honest, I can't name one person on this site who's "pro-CSA", maybe Richard but I don,t think he's. He's only asking for constructive criticizing, which we don't see that often on this board regarding the CSA. I've seen the CSA too often being attack with undeserve accusations, so I'm not gonna go there.

But I feel that the way they are maintaining their website is amateurish at best these past months. I remember being impressed with the way they were changing club affiliations and giving us some news of our players abroad, but now they aren,t doing their job.

I think that their website will be visited more often this next year with the U-20's coming up. But the curious who'll visit the site will be waiting for Roberto Giacomi playing for our U-20's when the guy is overage for the tournament but still listed with the team......

I will e-mail them tomorrow if I have some times at work.

"I can't name one person on this site who's "pro-CSA", maybe Richard but I don,t think he's. He's only asking for constructive criticizing,"

Thank you. If you had heard me giving vent this past weekend to a former COO of the CSA you would know that I don't by any means blindly support the CSA or the status quo unconditionally.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Didn't the media guy leave? Maybe he was in charge of updates.

Why is Borselino listed in *any* player pool???

Yes Earl Cochrane left, but Marcel De Jong has been listed with the wrong club for 5 months now......You can say the same thing about a lot of players so it doesn't seems like it was his job.

Calling that website amateurish is letting them off easy. My amateur team's website is updated weekly after every match. I would think that the CSA with its little media exposure would rely almost totally on that website to get news out on players and upcoming events. Why can't one of the brass logon and edit a bit of text when changes happen?

Same old story. Somehow, someway, somebody over there just doesn't get it. Which is surprising don't you think? For an organization which prides itself on it's youth programs and the appeal of the game to Canada's younger population you'd think they'd have a top rate web site. But, alas no.

And agreed. For a wee bit there things looked like they were improving. And they have to with the WYC coming up. Because, man. That thing is gonna be HUGE.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

It would be nice if you could actually by Canadian soccer kit/t-shirts/caps/etc. either on the CSA website or through a link from the website as well.

There used to be a banner, but an FA is usually not in charge of selling gear directly.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

There used to be a banner, but an FA is usually not in charge of selling gear directly.

A quick look around (restricted my search to a few English-speaking sites) shows that about half have a front-page link or banner to an online store (Scotland, USA, Northern Ireland, Australia but not England or Republic of Ireland). Agree that it's not the business of the association to operate a store, but I think it would be a natural fit (even if it were operated by a corporate partner with some sort of royalty paid to the CSA).

Archived