I'd like to forward my resume.

Robert

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you really want that mess?it will take another 30 yrs to get back where we were 20 yrs ago and we were already 10 yrs behind compared to the rest of the world.

time to give up guys

Canada winning a game at the world cup is not going to have in our life time thks to the genius of Kevin Pipe.

lets jump ship players like Deguzman and O.H has recognise that if you have a world cup dream stay avoid anything that has to do with the CSA

let jump ship to Panama we have a better chance of seeing them making it to the world cup in our lifetime.

hey Rudi

I am from Africa too

a lot of countries there would have develop their game faster than Canada has, given the same opportunity and challengers.

they would have been more inovative work closer with the exsisting clubs and soccer structure,fine tune their club team by entering the the african champions league and the cup champion league

If countries that you probably have not heard about like Seychelles,Madagascar,Mauritius and even Reunion island can see the benefits of improving their overall soccer level by having an entry in each competition

why Canada does not play against concacaf teams to improve themself while African teams in lesser finacial situations are improving themselves by playing games against fellow African countries

20 yrs agao Canada was very competitive against the likes of Nigeria

today what would you predict the score would be or Canada against any top ten african teams?

and waht kind of style do you think will be displayed by Canada?

need an update regarding the once proposed yr all around national soccer training centre in Vancouver

I beleive this was supposed to be a joint venture between the CSA and Kerfoot

mainly financed and build by Kerfoot that was going to be used by various CSA national teams

to minimise the operating cost of those various teams by not having to use Florida as often as we had to in the past that certainly has been where a huge chunk of that 12 millions dollars has been spend

is this project dead now that the CSA with all the luxury it has burnt more bridges with the whitecaps by embracing the Toronto fc as being the ultimate savious of Canadian soccer?

may be Richard has some info on whether this was project is gone on the wayside of the dodo bird.

quote:Originally posted by sj

hey Rudi

I am from Africa too

a lot of countries there would have develop their game faster than Canada has, given the same opportunity and challengers.

they would have been more inovative work closer with the exsisting clubs and soccer structure,fine tune their club team by entering the the african champions league and the cup champion league

If countries that you probably have not heard about like Seychelles,Madagascar,Mauritius and even Reunion island can see the benefits of improving their overall soccer level by having an entry in each competition

why Canada does not play against concacaf teams to improve themself while African teams in lesser finacial situations are improving themselves by playing games against fellow African countries

20 yrs agao Canada was very competitive against the likes of Nigeria

today what would you predict the score would be or Canada against any top ten african teams?

and waht kind of style do you think will be displayed by Canada?

Yes, the CSA has f-ed up large time and again. And it seemingly forced out the top two soccer men with its incompetance. This we know. I don't need to read the same diatribe from the same 4 or 5 people in every thread.

When I see comments like "let's jump ship to Panama" or some other crap, I have to question why you are even posting on this board.

As for G-man's latest incarnation, I'm still not responding to you, regardless of what your board handle is today. Enjoy your blog.

players are jumping ship

coaches and technical directors doing the same before their contract is over because they have been deceived by the CSA not allowed to their job properly

you wonder why Canadian Italians,Portuguese,Africans and all other communities in this country are still not supporting Canada as much.

crap is what the CSA has been trying to sell them for yrs

have you seems our national team during qualifying it was pure crap from the get go agalnst Guatemala.

probably not that is why you still beleive we can make it by bringing a migician coach that can turn decades of neglect and incompetent by the CSA into a wonder team.

I was at the francophone games in ottawa 20 mins into the game they were outplayed by Egypt 2-0 down peoples where already leaving

they had seen enough crap

Since you are in Africa go to some local games you will see what real soccer is live enjoyable and exciting

when you come back to Canada go and see one of the CSA product under Kevin Pipe in action you will bored to death.

very lethargic and when you start yawning you will think about my post.

The poblem isn't that the CSA have f#cked up now and again, the problem is that there is no plan or professional structure in this country.

How many experts have to say the same thing: Valentine, Waiters, Osieck, Hart, Yallop, Wilson, Winnipeg Fury, etc....

It's a consistent vacuum in Canadian soccer. We were promised the Dominion Cup years ago by the CSA. Where the hell is it ?! Who is being held accountable ? Who is sleeping at the wheel ?

It's flattering that Richard is always the first to respond to my posts. That must mean as soon as he sees my name on the board that he's interested in reading (and responding) what I have to say. Of course, Rudi is never far behind, and always feels inclined to defend Kevan Pipe, the secret love of his life. Personally, I would rather see either one of you running the CSA than Kevan Pipe. Anyone else would be an improvement. Why is that clown still running the show? Is he getting one more chance to show that he really can get Canada to qualify for the 2010 World Cup? Come on, it ain't gonna happen who ever believes that. Is he going to establish a national competitive structure? More crack, please! And pass the Pipe. Does anyone really think that Kevan Pipe has any sort of vision of where to take Canadian soccer in the next ten years? Please let us know, because the last twenty have been anything but promising.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Yes, the CSA has f-ed up large time and again. And it seemingly forced out the top two soccer men with its incompetance. This we know. I don't need to read the same diatribe from the same 4 or 5 people in every thread.

When I see comments like "let's jump ship to Panama" or some other crap, I have to question why you are even posting on this board.

As for G-man's latest incarnation, I'm still not responding to you, regardless of what your board handle is today. Enjoy your blog.

very well put Rudi. That sums up my frustration with these posts as well. For me, Its never been that there is nothing to be critical about. In fact there are a ton of things. But if criticism is not constructive, then it does no good. Furthermore, it may even make it worst. Afterall, like it or not( in some way ) Supporters too are part of the system.

So when I see posts from those same four or five genius' who think that the solution is whining, and proposing so called remedies that would get canada kicked out of international soccer, then I too, have to wonder why they bother posting here. Some of the things I read would mean no longer have a national team to support.

Lastly, if we are not constructive, then we can never be taken seriously and if we are not taken seriously, then how can we ever be proactive. For example, lets looks at that big screw up in regards to the seating for the supporters section at the WCQ in Edmonton. For those who are not aware, someone ( at the organizational level) in their infinite wisdom decided to seat the honduran supporters section right next to the V's section. We read similar complaints from credible posters who attended the games in Burnaby. A screw up on the CSA or ASA's part for sure. Some of the things mentioned in this thread is actually constructive even though one can argue the point ( eg.: National cups etc). But , with other contributers, thats not the case. If ones criticism extends to level where you have to wonder whether they are even supporters or not, then why would anybody at the CSA ever be inclined to address those problems in the future.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Dear CSA,

I would like to officially announce my interest for the soon to be vacated position of COO. I am available immediately.

Sincerely awaiting a response,

Robert.

So why are writting that here. Why dont you put it in a letter, address it to the CSA. You can get their mailing address on their website ( www.canadasoccer.com). Then stick postage stamp on it and toss it into one of those red steel boxes with the words " canada Post - poste canada " written on them. You can find those red boxes on many street corners accross Canada.

Oh I get it now... You don't want to spend the 50 cents for the postage.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Of course, Rudi is never far behind, and always feels inclined to defend Kevan Pipe, the secret love of his life.

Me calling your posts idiotic and defending Kevan Pipe are two very seperate things.

But please, go on with the singular rant that you've been posting on these boards for years now, I'm sure there are some lurkers out there who aren't yet familiar with your unhealthy obsession with Mr. Pipe.

Simply replacing Kevan Pipe will not resolve the perceived problems with Canadian soccer. Thinking so merely illustrates shallow thinking (if there is any real thought at all). Pipe is just an easy target for the malcontents.

How many of you who consistently villify the man and call for his head have actually sat down and discussed your concerns with Kevan Pipe personally. Without doing that you are wasting your time and energy, working from a position of profound ignorance and only exacerbating the situation shooting your mouth off here and doing little else.

And as for responding to Robert's post, yes I succumbed and fed the troll - my mistake.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Simply replacing Kevan Pipe will not resolve the perceived problems with Canadian soccer. Thinking so merely illustrates shallow thinking (if there is any real thought at all). Pipe is just an easy target for the malcontents.

Anyone with any expereince whatsoever with any level of organization that has a board and a paid adminstrator knows this not entirely true. The senior paid adminstrator excercises a tremendous influence over direction and policy. If Mr. Pipe does not, then it is all the more reason why he should go. Certainly the Board and elected officials bear some of the "blame", but the fastest and most effective way to change the direction and culture of an entity like the CSA is to change its adminstrative head. Now if you had said nothing changes if the CSA goes out and replaces Pipe with the same old same old then the "perceived problems with Canadian soccer" then I'd have to agree with you. Clearly Kevin Pipe is a big part of the problem - if one thinks there is a problem. So calling for his head is a perfectly reasonable and rational thing to do. And if you think everything is hunky dory, then of course, you'd have the opposite opinion.

How many of you who consistently villify the man and call for his head have actually sat down and discussed your concerns with Kevan Pipe personally. Without doing that you are wasting your time and energy, working from a position of profound ignorance and only exacerbating the situation shooting your mouth off here and doing little else.

And as for responding to Robert's post, yes I succumbed and fed the troll - my mistake.

i dont think replacing pipe would solve anything, but it would at least lead to the possibility of things being solved. it doesnt matter if pipe has the best of intentions, he's been there too long. its really crazy that a leader as unsuccesful as he could stay in power for so long. only in canada. whether its his personal fault or not that canada has not done well for so long, the responsibility falls on him and others at the csa, he should resign but i guess he has no shame.

So when was the last time you talked to him and what did he have to say?

But then you don't villify the man, so I would assume you haven't talked to him recently. So how should things be changed in your books?

I get your point Richard and will take it onto consideration before blasting Pipe.

looks to me like everybody at the CSA is hiding behind Pipe

he is the public man at the CSA.

we are frustrated with a system that is failing to meet a certain standard that is required to get the job done

yet everybody behind Pipe is behaving as if it enough and that the problem is somewhere else and beyond their control.

I am doing the best I can to support the sport at the local level whenever I can by paying and attending games.

I am off to watch the W-league playoff between Ottawa and Toronto after work i dont own a car and I live an 1 1/2hr bus ride

not sure how many CSA staff would do the same thing.

the bottom line is they are still incompetent as an association and been like that for over 20 yrs and peoples are fed up.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

i dont think replacing pipe would solve anything, but it would at least lead to the possibility of things being solved. it doesnt matter if pipe has the best of intentions, he's been there too long. its really crazy that a leader as unsuccesful as he could stay in power for so long. only in canada. whether its his personal fault or not that canada has not done well for so long, the responsibility falls on him and others at the csa, he should resign but i guess he has no shame.

I tend to agree that after 20+ years in charge, perhaps its time for some fresh blood at the top of the CSA.

This doesn't mean I agree with the same 4 or 5 narrow-minded people on here who do nothing more than bitch and complain about Pipe in every single post.

Everybody at the CSA - paid and volunteer - bears some responsibility for the perceived problems with the organisation so replacing any one of them will of course make a difference to a greater or lesser extent. Thinking that by simply replacing one person, even the COO, all will be well is dangerously delusional.

Unsuccessful is a judgement call. If you base your judgement solely on World Cup success then the CSA (including Pipe) has failed for the past 20 years or so. But if you take a broader view and look also at the relative success of the women's and youth programs, the landing of the WYC 2007, the funding for and actual construction of the national stadium in Toronto and the landing of the first Canadian based MLS franchise then there has been a large measure of success. Condemning just Kevan Pipe because Canada has not succeeded at the WC is taking a very narrow view.

I am not suggesting that change at this stage might not be a bad idea - a new broom always sweeps cleaner - but heaping the blame for all that ails soccer in Canada on the shoulders of one man is just plain silly and rather juvenile.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Anyone with any expereince whatsoever with any level of organization that has a board and a paid adminstrator knows this not entirely true. The senior paid adminstrator excercises a tremendous influence over direction and policy. If Mr. Pipe does not, then it is all the more reason why he should go. Certainly the Board and elected officials bear some of the "blame", but the fastest and most effective way to change the direction and culture of an entity like the CSA is to change its adminstrative head. Now if you had said nothing changes if the CSA goes out and replaces Pipe with the same old same old then the "perceived problems with Canadian soccer" then I'd have to agree with you. Clearly Kevin Pipe is a big part of the problem - if one thinks there is a problem. So calling for his head is a perfectly reasonable and rational thing to do. And if you think everything is hunky dory, then of course, you'd have the opposite opinion.

I agree that getting the right person in charge can make a huge difference over direction and policy. But I think that the problems we perceive go beyond leadership. Last year, during an interview aired on World Talk radio, a CSA official trotted out some extemely impressive sounding stats with regards to the success of the of our national soccer teams. Thats the problem, to a lot of listeners and anyone involved in the various admin levels of the game in canada, It all sounds pretty impressive and credible. Therefore why would there be any impetus to change things.

But, if you are ticked at not being able to watch your national team involved in the WC again after 20 years, as many of us here, those successes are all meaningless. The problem is how you measure success. In a society like Canada and for a sport like soccer how do you change the measuring stick of success and re-set priorities to suit what is relatively a very small group( eg.: those on this forum). I don't know what kind of person would do that.

More importantly, I think that the kind of change that we are looking for has to come from the bottom up rather than top down. Yes, top down change may make a difference but, I would much rather see someone like Bjorn Borg, to use the example of tennis in sweden, come along for soccer in canada, than a peter uberroth.

yes we are all happy about the women and the u20s, and the mls team and their field turf pitch will be fun even if not helpful to the MNT. however i think that, like what someone else recently said on this board, the MNT should somehow split from the CSA. the CSA is too pluralistic and politically correct to make the MNT their priority- thats why we havent been to the WC. maybe kerfoot can dump the caps and take on the MNT.

Archived