Your starting 11

puskas

quote:Originally posted by Observer

Adam Braz has been outstanding against Spain and Austria and no one has picked him. Very Interesting. Some guys have put left footed Simpson at right back. Wow!

your right that braz should be on the squad but I say on the bench till he moves to a better league and eventually improves,

my bad on the simpson

Great ideas for rosters here..the fact that 70% of most of these rosters have the same players shows that maybe the Yallop years will leave us with some sort of foundation, to his credit or not. That said, I sure hope a lot of different players get a long look for the first 5-6 games, before we get down to business and start calling up the same ten-twelve guys regularly, solidify over the Gold Cup (plus or minus a few experimental and/or youth players).

Touched on by a lot of posters is the issue of youth vs age, which is a huge one for our squad. If we have a shot at qualifying for the 2010 WC (Gold Cup will always just be a productive sideshow to me), and it seems the gods may finally be smiling after the gift that FIFA threw our way this week, we need to decide soon which fork in the road we are gonna take. Look at Trini - do we try to scrape in, maybe keep a core of thirtysomethings, even begging a few solid recent retirees (like JDV) to come back if we make the last hex...or do we go with a live by youth, die with youth approach?? Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Regardless of who is in charge of the team, I have got to think that in light of the preparation for the U-20 team that we won't see Peters, Johnson, Lombardo or Edgar in the senior team until after the tounament next summer is over. To the extent that youth may be called for a look it will likely be people like Hainault, Ledgerwood and DeJong.

To be fair to Simpson, I think the move to Kaiserslautern will do wonders for him. He'll develop better in Germany than in England, and Kaiserslautern has some decent potential. The kid is still young and raw, but damn he is fast and if he can build skill on speed and get to really know the game, he could be a wonderful left back or left mid for us before long. I suspect we'll see him play for Canada at some point soon.

Good old fashioned 4-4-2 with a little large combo up top:

---------Lars-------

----Nsaliwa----McKenna

Stalteri----------Klukowksi

---------Attiba--------

-------DeGuz--------

Bernier----Hume----Brennan

--------Occean--------

Subs, heavy on youth:

Edgar

Ledgerwood

Serioux

Peeters

Simpson

Gyaki

Johnson

quote:Originally posted by canso

Good old fashioned 4-4-2 with a little large combo up top:

---------Lars-------

----Nsaliwa----McKenna

Stalteri----------Klukowksi

---------Attiba--------

-------DeGuz--------

Bernier----Hume----Brennan

--------Occean--------

Subs, heavy on youth:

Edgar

Ledgerwood

Serioux

Peeters

Simpson

Gyaki

Johnson

lol Sven's Diamond formation from Euro 2004!

I still prefer the Portugese formation. It allows a team to control Midfield whilst keeping options open should the score change.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

To be fair to Simpson, I think the move to Kaiserslautern will do wonders for him. He'll develop better in Germany than in England, and Kaiserslautern has some decent potential. The kid is still young and raw, but damn he is fast and if he can build skill on speed and get to really know the game, he could be a wonderful left back or left mid for us before long. I suspect we'll see him play for Canada at some point soon.

Yes I think this was a great move for him. Much better team with more potential and much better attitude and system for working with players. I think the key is for Simpson to avoid injuries. If he is able to avoid injuries I think he will develop rapidly with Kaiserslautern.

Archived