Anyone going to the U-20 Friendly in Kingston?

KAS

quote:Originally posted by MM2

Back to Kingston.

I'll be driving through Kingston at 8:30 on Saturday morning on my way to Toronto (to see the Toronto-Montreal game), anyone know of a place where I can stop for breakfast and catch the England game.

The game goes for the World Cup final on July 9, I plan to drive down to Kingston to seee the World Cup final and then go to the Canada-USA U-20 game.

There are two ramps off the 401 to take you into Kingston. Coming from Ottawa, the first will be Division St, and the second is Sir John A MacDonald. You will want to take Division, because as soon as you get off the highway, there is an impressive collection of fast food (ex Wendy's) and mid-level (ex East Side Mario's) restaurants.

If you want a bar/pub to watch the game, then continue down Division (or even Sir John A MacDonald) until you reach Princess (Kingston's main drag - like Bank in Ottawa). The corner of Division and Princess is an area called "the Hub", take a LEFT and 200m down Princess is a Shoeless Joe's.

Better yet, continue down Princess ALMOST to the bottom (Holiday Inn/Lake Ontario stops you) and at 76 Princess is the Toucan - an ok little place that shows EPL, so it should be open for the World Cup. This takes you to the old part of Kingston - full of bars. Just past this, Princess intersects with King St, and later Ontario St (turn RIGHT onto either). There are a few bars on Ontario St. At 300 King St East, is a fairly new Keg Steakhouse. Across is Clarence St, where you will find the Brew Pub (nice - they brew their own onsite). Across the street is the patio/back entrance to Tir Den Ogg (spelling wrong, but it sounds like that). Very nice and very Irish - cute waitresses in kilts!

Of the downtown spots, I usually only went to the Toucan, Brew Pub, and Tir Den Ogg. The TVs are small/average. I don't know if there are any places with giant HD plasmas.

BTW, the cheapest gas along the entire 401 is ALWAYS at the Flying J in Napanee, ~40km West of Kingston.

Archived