Canada's Worst Game Since January 2005

Juby

Inclueding our losses to portugal, honduras etc.

Luxembourg.

I know we won but watching the game I felt our play was at it's worst and I was thoroughly dissapointed with a 1-0 win.

Luxembourg is a minnow, we could hardly be heavier favorites against Samoa.

The reason I am bringing this up is because Germany beat them 7-0 and they have been on low form lately.

Last time I said this it was seen as crazy. I have seen every game since 2005 and I challenge the board to give me one good reason (Beside it being a win, cause lets be honest, anything short of a win would have been our biggest embarressment ever) why this is not our worst game.

Of the six hours of my life which I'm going to want back when I'm on my death bed, that match holds claim to 2 of them. ("Titantic" has three, and Father John's lecture on the benefits and nobility of pre-marriage abstenance, one).

Even that NI match played in that gale at Windsor was better. At least that match had some competative value in it.

Hmm. Somehow recall the Cuba roundup in the last Gold Cup being pretty much twice-distilled crap too.

That Lux. match however, agreed. For all who had witnessed it twell become the guage by which ****e-ola shall be measured.

The Luxembourg match was painful, but I thought it more of a B squad

with Will Johnson, Peters, etc. So I wasn't too disappointed, and

maybe the beers with Cheeta helped.

As for the painful matches:

Guatemala 1988 - we were supposed to win, but ended up 0-1, thus

not progessing to Italia 90

Honduras 2004 (Edmonton) - how'd you like to robbed by a Mexican ref

TWICE!!!!

Mexico 1994 - losing 4-0 at Azteca was pretty bad, but seeing our

players tire out at the 12th minute was discouraging. Forrest let in

a goal FROM A CORNER KICK. Ugh. (Sorry Craig.)

Cuba 2003 (Gold Cup) - after beating the favoured Ticos, we couldn't

hit the side of a barn, and made a Lester More look better than he is.

Guatemala WCQ 2004 (Swangard)- what the hell was Yallop on? who was De Vos' doctor. Nuff said.

As we haven't had all that many matches since January 2005, and we've played well & looked half-decent in most of them, I don't really think there is much competition for Worst Performance of the last 17 months. So I don't think you'll get much of an argument.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

Were Not a minnow, a minnow's best player plays in like french division 2, if that. We at least maintain a few players in big league.

Okay, the we are a fry, or something a tiny bit larger than a minnow. Hey, it is okay to be small. It is realistic. It takes time to develop into a big fish. Let's not pretend we're something we aren't.

Originally posted by Cheeta

Of the six hours of my life which I'm going to want back when I'm on my death bed, that match holds claim to 2 of them. ("Titantic" has three, and Father John's lecture on the benefits and nobility of pre-marriage abstenance, one).

Had a good laugh at that... Seriously though, I had the same thought when I saw that 7-0 scoreline. I mean there's no way our team was gonna produce 7 goals v. luxembourg. That being said, I try not to give too much credence to these things. That's like saying we beat NI 1-0 and they beat England 1-0 so....

Archived