CSA Explain Yourselves !

quote:Originally posted by Guardian

I happen to know the guy, or "CSA Monkey Butler" as you've called him, who went over to take down the Voyageurs banner, and he was NOT wearing a CSA blazer with brass buttons and a CSA crest....they don't even have anything like that!! A second point, the CSA don't issue photo ID cards for anything...the guy was wearing an event pass around his neck, but those are given to everyone from volunteers to security to VIPS.

PS - Just for the record, the "Monkey Butler" doesn't even work for the CSA...

So you know the guy. Who was it? Why did he do what he did?

Who authorized him to do that? Who authorized VIP passes?

So the CSA doesn't issue photo ID cards or blazers, eh? (Not

necessarily true from what I'VE seen in WCQ 2004.)

And for the record, we're not all crazies ... we just

don't stand for BS when we paid for our tickets and cheer for

OUR team.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey crazies...maybe before throwing blame around and yelling at the CSA, you should get your facts straight, otherwise what credibility can you possibly have??

Credibility???

Since you're bringing up credibility, what about the credibility of your 'friend' who took down the banner of the only group of people that consistently give a **** about Canadian soccer, without so much as an explanation?

Credibility???

Since you're bringing up credibility, what about the credibility of your 'friend' who took down the banner of the only group of people that consistently give a **** about Canadian soccer, without so much as an explanation?

quote:Originally posted by CSAplayer

i agree, we digress. this forum is, after all, to discuss the current events of the CSA teams etc, not a 20 questions conversation... i'll be sure to put in a word with earl.c about the topic of assigned seating, ticket master may have something to do with it and i'm sure earl is working on something (he always is). anyway until then, i'll thankyou again for your involvement.

When was the last time you heard a teenager say "digress", or a Canadian player talk about the forum like it was his own. I dunno guys....moot point anyways without a positive ID...again, apologies if I'm wrong...

What I have been thinking about it the possibility of the Voyageurs contacting former national team members (at every level, women included) and write articulate, well screened letters outlining the player's position about the CSA's ignorance (at the very least) or negligence (more likely the case) with the way support is arranged for the home team. You would have a signature at the bottom, and a lot of authority. That way we would have honest players' opinions, we would have proof of authenticity. It would probably be a slightly watered down version of our scathing attack, but I think there have been enough Canadian national team members who reluctantly played at Carribbean/Latino appreciation night over the years IN CANADA, at a qualifier, that we could string two or three together to make a point. Think of a Lyndon Hooper or Terry Dunfield or Jason Bent, people that might be very well respected, but who would be able to speak without fear or reprisal. Former national team members in proper footballing nations criticize the current set-up in the media all of the time. Very effectively, I might add, with coaches dismissed and players recalled as a consequence in some cases. It's about time we engage the most passionate wildcards at our disposal, the guys and gals who have LIVED this farce over the years. Heck, get Forrest on board. But I agree, get our facts straight, eliminate the idea of referring to an isloated incident, rather mention the dozens of examples of this over the years, and get some player support on board.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

When was the last time you heard a teenager say "digress", or a Canadian player talk about the forum like it was his own. I dunno guys....moot point anyways without a positive ID...again, apologies if I'm wrong...

What I have been thinking about it the possibility of the Voyageurs contacting former national team members (at every level, women included) and write articulate, well screened letters outlining the player's position about the CSA's ignorance (at the very least) or negligence (more likely the case) with the way support is arranged for the home team. You would have a signature at the bottom, and a lot of authority. That way we would have honest players' opinions, we would have proof of authenticity. It would probably be a slightly watered down version of our scathing attack, but I think there have been enough Canadian national team members who reluctantly played at Carribbean/Latino appreciation night over the years IN CANADA, at a qualifier, that we could string two or three together to make a point. Think of a Lyndon Hooper or Terry Dunfield or Jason Bent, people that might be very well respected, but who would be able to speak without fear or reprisal. Former national team members in proper footballing nations criticize the current set-up in the media all of the time. Very effectively, I might add, with coaches dismissed and players recalled as a consequence in some cases. It's about time we engage the most passionate wildcards at our disposal, the guys and gals who have LIVED this farce over the years. Heck, get Forrest on board. But I agree, get our facts straight, eliminate the idea of referring to an isloated incident, rather mention the dozens of examples of this over the years, and get some player support on board.

I don't know, some teens might use the word "digress." Why not? I mean, CSAPlayer could be a fraud, but if we are to believe anything he's posted, then it is possible for a young man plying his trade professionally with a decent club in the UK to use such words. Then again, the dude could be a hoax.

More importantly, I think you've got a very good idea on your hands regarding a letter to the CSA written by respected National team players. How would one get this ball rolling?

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Doing his job? What exactly would that be? To ruin any trace of pro Canadian support? Who the f$$$ are you anyway?

I'm an avid Canadian soccer supporter, just like everyone else here...however, I choose to seek out facts and truth before ranting and raving, and I'd never call someone a "Monkey Butler" or ask "who the f*#$" someone is. You have to use common sense and tact in situations such as these.

I thought it was a great idea to send an e-mail to the appropriate person(s) at the CSA, but this should be from a single person representing the Voyageurs, someone with authority. The e-mail should use facts and figures, actual evidence, and definitely should NOT be personally insulting to the people putting on our matches.

Great ideas nolando, but let's think about a few things here. First, past players in other countries have pull because they are public idols and thus have public support...unfortunately for us, the average Canadian can't even name a current player, let alone a past one. Second, I know Craig Forrest personally. He's an intelligent, patriotic guy who wants to see Canadians get passionate about this beautiful sport, however he definitely won't sink to the sort of mud-slinging and personal attacks that people on this forum have been using. He knows almost everyone at the CSA, and knows that they're trying their hardest to promote the game in Canada.

Here's a thought, let's go back to the notion of getting home and away seating sections. If we can sell out a decent sized stadium (15,ooo) and not just the little 4,000-8,000 places we're at now, then maybe we'd have a real voice, and could create true home field advantage with or without a banner.

Guest speedmonk42

What I have been thinking about it the possibility of the Voyageurs contacting former national team members (at every level, women included) and write articulate, well screened letters outlining the player's position about the CSA's ignorance (at the very least) or negligence (more likely the case) with the way support is arranged for the home team.

---------------------------

No offense, but I feel this is the exact opposite of what we should do.

If we can get in contact with those people, lets make it positive.

Get them to support the creation of a proper organization. Get them to show up in the very sections we want to create.

We can blame other people all we want, but we have not succeeded in organizing. Period.

There are many reasons for this,

financial

commitment

paucity of home games

thousands of miles in between.

We are the soccer equivelant of geeks in the computer world using the most obscure version of Linux they can find.

Almost everyone on this board is the equivelant of a 'soccer maven'. We know more bizarre facts about soccer as a group than... probably anybody.

It has been great, but there has been a growing sense of frustration as evident on the board in the last 8 months or so. So something has to change, but lets make the change towards the positive and work with the CSA in a constructive manner, I know this can be done.

It is up to us to make it fun to be a Canadian supporter at these games. It is up to us to make people want to be in our section. They don't, unfortuneately, care about 3rd division Norweigian Canadian transfers or whatever freaky stats we come up with.

We have to figure out how to do it.

Guardian, thank you for your responses. And for confirming that

there ARE CSA blazers, which I saw in the Guatemala game.

Since you know the guy in question, do you have any idea as to

why he did it?

If we are to get together and collectively support the MNT,

we should confront our differences and resolve them. As for the

name calling (which I don't accept), attribute that frustration from passionate fans that get treated badly in their own turf. Like I

said before, I got treated BETTER in Seattle and Boston. That my

friend, it a shame.

As for having a spokesperson, only Vancouver Fan was chosen to

inquire and "represent" the group, as thus only his emails were

representing our concerns. Eventually the Voyageurs would have to

formalize their organization to get better treatment.

And yes, as I have advocated in a different thread, a Canadian section

(perhaps backed by some corporate sponsorship) would be a great step

in avoiding most of the current misunderstanding.

So you're a CSA member? Just curious.

I'm an avid Canadian soccer supporter, just like everyone else here...however, I choose to seek out facts and truth before ranting and raving, and I'd never call someone a "Monkey Butler" or ask "who the f*#$" someone is. You have to use common sense and tact in situations such as these.

I thought it was a great idea to send an e-mail to the appropriate person(s) at the CSA, but this should be from a single person representing the Voyageurs, someone with authority. The e-mail should use facts and figures, actual evidence, and definitely should NOT be personally insulting to the people putting on our matches.

You come here and call us crazy,you contradict me,and when you are asked who the person that took down the banner is and why he removed it you offer nothing even though you claim to know him. Excuse me for being a bit p***ed but I've yet to receive any answers to some very basic questions. If I am wrong I will apologize.However,I have to ask again.Who was the person who removed the banner and why did he do so?

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by aussoccerfan

If the CSA is reading this- I HAVE A QUESTION!

WHY ARE ALL THE GAMES IN ONTARIO, ALBERTA & BC ?

Ontario: What games?

BC: Weather

Alberta: Stadium

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

As for Ontario, what do you call this- ? http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2456

Kongston also got 2 WCQ matches.

As for BC- Nova Scotia has the warmest weather in Canada. This year, Vancouver had more snow than we did.

As for Alberta- They can't even come close to filling the stadium.

Guest speedmonk42

Well there have not beent that many games in Ont.

As for WCQ, I think we should be playing in NS. Fewer time zones, less travel time, maximum travel time and time zones for our opposition.

We should invade iceland just to build a new stadium.

As for Alberta- They can't even come close to filling the stadium.

Can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium... that's a whole lot different than "can't fill a 8,000 seat stadium".

Just though I'd point that out...

Guardian:

A whole section of people aren't blind.

Maybe the guy YOU know isn't with the CSA, but a CSA Monkey Butler did indeed come over to the V-section with a CSA blazer on and a walkie talkie.

He says:

"Who's banner is this? It's gotta come down."

Protests erupt. He nods to his walkie talkie.

"The guys up there are telling me it's gotta go. Sorry."

CSA employee.

CSA marching orders.

Hence, a CSA Monkey Butler doing somebody's evil bidding.

Maybe your friend was acting on behalf of the CSA Monkey Butler, which makes him a Monkey Butler's Monkey Butler.

If the CSA is reading this- I HAVE A QUESTION!

WHY ARE ALL THE GAMES IN ONTARIO, ALBERTA & BC ?

True, NS can have some great weather, and they've proven time and again via the World Juniors of hockey that they know how to host a world class event.......however.....where would they play? i'm honestly asking....is there a FIFA quality pitch in NS? Does it have natural grass that is up to standards, and if not then does it have FieldTurf?

We're going to see the majority of national matches swinging over to Toronto due to the new stadium (best in the country) and even Montreal once Joey Saputo builds his new place there...no offense to the West coast, but they've had their shot at the big time...and unfortunately, there fields just don't cut it...at least not until the new Whitecaps stadium is complete.....which I believe has just been pushed back to 2009.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

Guardian:

A whole section of people aren't blind.

Maybe the guy YOU know isn't with the CSA, but a CSA Monkey Butler did indeed come over to the V-section with a CSA blazer on and a walkie talkie.

He says:

"Who's banner is this? It's gotta come down."

Protests erupt. He nods to his walkie talkie.

"The guys up there are telling me it's gotta go. Sorry."

CSA employee.

CSA marching orders.

Hence, a CSA Monkey Butler doing somebody's evil bidding.

Maybe your friend was acting on behalf of the CSA Monkey Butler, which makes him a Monkey Butler's Monkey Butler.

I 100% guarantee you that the guy who took the banner down (or started to before the Voyageurs guy took it down himself) did not have a CSA blazer on. Yes he was wearing a suit, and yes he had an access pass (sans ID) around his neck, but he was not wearing a CSA blazer.

Have you not been getting my or SpeedMonk's point man? The negative attacks do nothing....the only result will be the CSA getting their backs up...we need to use a positive approach. Organize tailgate parties before the match, bring all the true fans into one section and lift that non-existant roof with our chants and cheers!

Redhat...you say that only Vancouver Fan was chosen to ask some questions, but you can't honestly believe that others didn't jump at the opportunity presented earlier when the message was put here saying everyone should write in or call...

Wow Guardian, congratulations! You work for the CSA and you know the details of the CSA blazers! Give your self a pat on the back.

The real issue here is the treatment of Canadian fans by the CSA at Canada soccer matches. Why are the true Canadian fans being allienated and embarassed at the expense of fans of our opponents? Why are Canadian fans bullied by security, while fans of our opponents are allowed to act like animals, at Canadian home matches? Why are Brazilian entertainers being hired to pump up the opposition?

The CSA should be ashamed that this continues to go on at our home matches. But instead, we get a long explanation on CSA blazers, from an obvious insider, instead of answers to the real questions.

Thanks for answering the important questions though, 'Guardian'. We can all move on now from this issue, knowing that the asshole wasn't wearing an offical 'CSA blazer', but he was still carrying out the great work of the CSA.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Wow Guardian, congratulations! You work for the CSA and you know the details of the CSA blazers! Give your self a pat on the back.

The real issue here is the treatment of Canadian fans by the CSA at Canada soccer matches. Why are the true Canadian fans being allienated and embarassed at the expense of fans of our opponents? Why are Canadian fans bullied by security, while fans of our opponents are allowed to act like animals, at Canadian home matches? Why are Brazilian entertainers being hired to pump up the opposition?

The CSA should be ashamed that this continues to go on at our home matches. But instead, we get a long explanation on CSA blazers, from an obvious insider, instead of answers to the real questions.

Thanks for answering the important questions though, 'Guardian'. We can all move on now from this issue, knowing that the asshole wasn't wearing an offical 'CSA blazer', but he was still carrying out the great work of the CSA.

You're right Massive, I'm the head of the CSA....oh no, my cover is blown....I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, if you read through my posts I hope that the main message coming through is that we have to make a change by being positive....not by calling people assholes and crying about what bands were parading around...go ahead, throw my username in quotations, but what I'm trying to guard is the true Canadian spirit of integrity and pride...not the modern Canadian spirit which is an inferiority complex.....instead of using this forum to yell at eachother, we should be working together to figure out how we can get all of those fake-brazil fans to be proud of their actual country and support it....I know the lads on the pitch would take more out of that than anything else...

I was there at the match, I know what I saw go down, so I'm speaking from my own first hand experience......if you saw a crest, or a pin, or a shirt.......who cares?? The point is let's leave it and figure out how we can bring in banners and flags that won't be taken down.

You're right Massive, I'm the head of the CSA....oh no, my cover is blown....I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, if you read through my posts I hope that the main message coming through is that we have to make a change by being positive....not by calling people assholes and crying about what bands were parading around...go ahead, throw my username in quotations, but what I'm trying to guard is the true Canadian spirit of integrity and pride...not the modern Canadian spirit which is an inferiority complex.....instead of using this forum to yell at eachother, we should be working together to figure out how we can get all of those fake-brazil fans to be proud of their actual country and support it....I know the lads on the pitch would take more out of that than anything else...

I was there at the match, I know what I saw go down, so I'm speaking from my own first hand experience......if you saw a crest, or a pin, or a shirt.......who cares?? The point is let's leave it and figure out how we can bring in banners and flags that won't be taken down.

You just don't get. It's people like you that keep soccer in this country from moving forward.

You say you're not trying to make excuses, but that's how all of your posts come across. We don't care about the CSA blazer/pin semantics, but apparently, you feel the need to bring this up in every post. You must think this is a great diversion tactic. We just want answers!

You taunt the members on this forum for lamenting the Brazilian entertainment, yet you then state 'we should be working together to figure out how we can get all of those fake-brazil fans to be proud of their actual country and support it' These are two contradictory statements, but this happens a lot when someone is trying to defend the indefensible.

Finally, you can't just brush off the entire subject by saying 'who cares'. The members of this forum want answers. We want to know why we get such poor treatment from the CSA at our home matches. A simple answer is all we're asking for. But I guess the truth hurts at the CSA.

Archived