USL D1 - May 22 - Vancouver vs Rochester [R]

DJT

I didn't see the save, because I wasn't in the stadium yet.

Jeffery, don't give me crap about jumping on board with an English Keeper being our savoir and not wanting to develop Canadian Players. If you want to address that, then lets bring up the point that Wicks was born in Germany and lives in the states. That isn't the point though, the fact of the matter is Wicks is a weak keeper, plain and simple. The Caps made a mistake when they let Mike Franks go. I would have Franks in goal over Caig and Wicks - not because he's Canadian, because he is a better keeper than both of them. It's a bonus that he's Canadian.

I've played with 2 of the other keepers that the WhiteCaps have been tossing around before the arrival of Wicks - Serge Djekanovic the former WhiteCap, Trevor Styles. Djekanovic is good shot stopped and good in the air, a bit slow, but definitely a good keeper(Wicks is marginally better). Styles was with the Caps in 2004 when as a 3rd string and was cut for Wicks. He may be a bit heated at times, but he is a great keeper and better than Wicks and Serge no question. In fact, when the Caps played the University of Victoria the summer of 2005 in a preseason match after Wicks was signed and Styles was cut, they went headed to head and there was no comparison. Styles was named MOM and Wicks was average. I go from what I see, not from where they're from.

Caig is no savoir, but he's a best keeper currently in the club, maybe only because of his experience, but non the less better. The others should be peppered with games to bring them up same as any other development.

Caig's save must have been on par with the great Bank's save on Pele, because Scott Vallow first save was unbelievable and would have made highlight reels in any league. His second save on Nash's header was fantastic as well. He single handedly stole a point for Rochester with those 2 saves.

I'll continue to give my match thoughts based on what I see - not on who I'm friends with or what their passport reads. Praise must be given when deserved and bad matches must not go unnoticed.

Go CAPS and GO CANADA vs. Brazil tonight at Stadio Swangard! I predict 2-1 Canada.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Where did I say that Caig should have the MOM award Jeffrey S.? Show me where I said that?

The guy did not see the save because he wasn't paying attention to the game at that point if I understand correctly his post.

Your bias is quite evident and it's in favour of your friends, you could at least admit it.

BTW, could you give me an example of a poster who said that Caig was the savior? I've only read posts about Caig being a more commanding and credible figure in goal for the Caps.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am behaving very badly I know. I could really care less about Wicks. I want to see the team developing Canadians, and then tranferring them to stronger divisions for a solid pro career. This has to be the highest aspiration of a team like the Whitecaps, apart from trying to entertain and not fall into excessively defensive tactics that bore the fans.

When they have an MLS Cup to play for I might forgive them playing boringly for a result.

What his behaving badly is when you're attacking the performance of someone you did not see in order to help your friends (Wicks and Serge).

You can discuss about the Caps players development, I have no problem with that, that's an interesting subject but do you need to take a shot at Caig performance (THAT YOU DIDN'T SEE)to make your point???

I'm not sure attacking someone who did his job well (not amazingly, just well), according to most of the fans who actually saw the game, is the best way to make your point....

Guest Jeffery S.

What his behaving badly is when you're attacking the performance of someone you did not see in order to help your friends (Wicks and Serge).

You can discuss about the Caps players development, I have no problem with that, that's an interesting subject but do you need to take a shot at Caig performance (THAT YOU DIDN'T SEE)to make your point???

I'm not sure attacking someone who did his job well (not amazingly, just well), according to most of the fans who actually saw the game, is the best way to make your point....

Most here laughed when someone compared Caig coming to the USL to Romario's arrival, but by the way you are posting I think that we may have been wrong, it really is a big thing and I admit I have not appreciated its importance.

Do you guys stalk the guy midweek as well?

Your either an idiot or you can't read.

No way I'm saying that Caig is a good GK, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM PLAY JUST LIKE YOU.

I'm just sick of your tireless attacks on him since you don,t know a clue about him....your only argument is that Caig's a third string English keeper (If coaches and club would be judging players on where they come from, their would be no Josh Simpson, no Occean, no Wagenaar in Europe since those guys played in the NCAA.....).

Guest Jeffery S.

Your either an idiot or you can't read.

No way I'm saying that Caig is a good GK, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM PLAY JUST LIKE YOU.

I'm just sick of your tireless attacks on him since you don,t know a clue about him....your only argument is that Caig's a third string English keeper (If coaches and club would be judging players on where they come from, their would be no Josh Simpson, no Occean, no Wagenaar in Europe since those guys played in the NCAA.....).

I have never said anything bad about Caig as a player; if you are so sure I have find it and post it here. Have a good couple of hours on the search, must be fun to be independently wealthy, eh, all that time on your hands?

My only argument, in the face of Caig's reputation, is that the Caps have an erroneous signing policy. It is a question of principles, and, by the way, I defend the same principle when it comes to my other club team, who happen to be European champs: don't sign guys from the outside (Van Bommell; Henry) who will take playing time away from young and/or homegrown potential (Iniesta; Messi).

Name one player who has played young for the Caps and is now enjoying a higher level pro career thanks to the chance for development given him.

Another long spell embracing the search engines.

I've asked you to show me where I said Caig should've won MOTM, you haven't done it yet....

I'll ask you to show me where I said that you think Caig is a bad keeper..

My poiint is simple, how can you comment on someone receving an award if you haven't seen the game? How?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RDA

Name one player who has played young for the Caps and is now enjoying a higher level pro career thanks to the chance for development given him.

Archived