Webcast tomorror montreal, St. Laurent

Guest speedmonk42

Guest speedmonk42

I will probably get the webcast tomorrow on St.Laurent or St Denis.

There are few cafe's with WiFi, if anyone wants to watch feel free.

Speedmonk, I live in the same area you do. Tomorrow I won't be in Montreal but I don't have cable so will be going out to a bar to watch the game on Thursday. Saw Friday's game at Champs but can't say I like Champs very much. There is a nicer and cheaper bar with better food on Prince Arthur that I can usually convince to show the games I want so I will probably go there. Maybe we could meet up for this game.

No it is actually about 50 meters further on, forget the name but it is the one under Cafe Campus right on St. Dominique. They have multiple tv's that can be set to different channels so even if we are competing with hockey they will usually let us have one tv. It is a nice bar with good food and usually not so crowded (which is good for getting them to show the game but bad for having a general good time). The one you are talking about is usually a bit more crowded so it might also be a good option if we are not competing against another sport. Not sure about what channels they have. Le Bar Biftek on St. Laurent is also a much better and cheaper option than Champs and a fun place but only if we are not competing against any other sport because they can only set the tv to one channel. Have watched a few Canada games here and they are definitely soccer friendly as long as half of their customers aren't wanting to watch tv. If we meet a bit early maybe around 9:30, we can decide where to go and if noone will show it Champs is always the one place where you can be sure they will give you a tv as they let me have one just for myself Friday. I just find it expensive and lacking in atmosphere unless you are there watching Premiership at 10 am on a Saturday. I am also hoping one or two of my friends may come but am not sure. Maybe you can message me your telephone number and I can phone you on Wednesday when I am back in Montreal. You see that living in the Plateau without cable has made me an expert on bars that are Canadian MNT soccer friendly :D.

Guest speedmonk42

Champs is ass when it comes to Canada games (and expensive with bad attitude). The only advantage is you might see some Nat playaers or family ;) (like Grande, Sutton and the Occean clan).

---------------

Yeah I agree completely, and it is funny as I ran into a bunch CSA staff there a few years ago when the senior women were playing a game a the soccerplex... England maybe...

Archived