Frank Yallop

As you may or may not know, Ipswich Town parted company with Joe Royle today (if you see Jaime Peters you might want to tell him). As usual the gueesing re possible replacements is in full swing with Frank Yallop's name getting a mention from some fans in the main forum (which I run, www.twtd.co.uk/messages if you're interested).

I reckon he's very much an outsider but wondered how he's viewed by Canada fans and whether he had ever made any comments regarding moves into club management in England. Is he rated by Canadian supporters? I get the impression from my visits here that the jury's split.

Phil

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

The more pertanent question maybe whether Dwayne De Rosario can lead you to the Premiership?

LMAO, thats funny but I do think that yallop's success in MLS and his recent run of games for Canada makes him more then qualified to lead a champs league team.

It has been a pretty poor tenure so far in my opinion in particular the terrible World Cup qualifying campaign where his poor coaching and squad selection was our most glaring liability. On the other hand the way the team played in the recent victory against Austria was a step in the right direction and I am willing to give him a little more time to prove he can develop into a good national team manager. He certainly was not a good national team manager when he took over the post but maybe he is learning through his errors. Can't see Ipswich hiring him though when he doesn't have anything more than a couple of MLS championships on his manager resume.

Archived