Mitchell Announces U-20 for Brazil Series

It wasn't intended to be a joke. This team's results over the past two months hasn't scored all that much. However Beto and Kerlon were not with the team in Barcelona in April.

At the same time, let's not underestimate the capabilities of the Canadian side. Some of Canadian players do play at a similar level as. As an example, if Kerlon did sign with Manchester United (and assuming he got a work permit), he would likely play against Edgar and the Newcastle reserve side rather than be playing with Manchester's first team.

I am not talking about an individual talent comparison. I am talking about a level of play comparison.

The biggest weaknesses Canada has relative to Brazil in this game are in the individual talent comparison and the depth of experience. Canada has a handful of players with combined good experience and reasonable talent. I think the Canadian players all have reasonable talent (although not comparable to Brazil), but for many, it will be their lack of experience playing against top talent that will hurt them. Of course, that's why these three games are so important for the Canadian side.

However, if Edgar and the rest of the defence can stay tight, I doubt we will see any blowouts.

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

A Brazilian team with trouble scoring? Come on now is that a joke?

Not intended as a slag on you or Canada I just thought the idea of Brazil not scoring was funny. I look forward to some good soccer and while I would assume Brazil are better then us (they are Brazil) I think there is the possibility of a result or two.

Archived