BC academy launches suit against BCSA

quote:You told me yourself you planned to do as little as possible to earn as much as possible.
That is a flat-out lie and borders on slander.

Personal work ethic?

You're a real gem, I'll give you that.

Guest Soccrman
quote:Originally posted by Regs

That is a flat-out lie and borders on slander.

Personal work ethic?

You're a real gem, I'll give you that.

Can somebody make this into another seperate thread because it may get interesting!! You 2 have at it!!

Suffering a little amnesia are ya?

I would have thought you remembered our lengthy meet at the coffee shop oh so long ago.

Regardless, despite the rabid pleas of Soccrman, bashing this about is too much work as you mention, certainly more effort than you've proven worthy of, and, judging from your initial misleading crap that you inserted in this thread for no justifiable reason, such effort would be of little or no value in the end run.

You remain a sorry excuse for a decent human and very much an annoyance. What truly shocks me though is that some very good people do actually work with you. Life is strange!

Now piss off, have a nice day, and let this note be the last here. If you want to continue farting in the breeze then do everyone honestly debating on this thread a favour, and please start a new topic to spread your filth.

My apologies.

Anyways, soccer academies and provincial associations have in theory, opposing reasons for operating. Academies=$$$ while the associations are for governing and developing players within a system. Should the current landscape change? Perhaps and I believe, in BC at least, there will be a review of how the BCSA can improve relationships in the coming months/years.

Cheers,

~Regs.

quote:Originally posted by Regs

My apologies.

Anyways, soccer academies and provincial associations have in theory, opposing reasons for operating. Academies=$$$ while the associations are for governing and developing players within a system. Should the current landscape change? Perhaps and I believe, in BC at least, there will be a review of how the BCSA can improve relationships in the coming months/years.

Cheers,

~Regs.

There certainly needs to be a review. Provincial associations and the CSA will have to find a way to integrate the academies into the larger scheme of things. The academies exist and are not likely going away as long as there is a market demand for them. As one academy person said to me recently, this affiliation business has always been a moving target. Once you think you have gotten it pinned down the BCSA says that doesn't apply etc. Trying to deal with the BCSA on this is like trying to nail jello to the wall. This is not a satisfacory situation at all, for the people involved or the soccer community at large.

The FC Victoria U-21 team's acceptance into the LIWSA league is not the first time an academy team has played in a BCSA sanctioned league. TSS has played teams in the now defunct Umbro U-21 Development League and the PCSL until this year (Sportstown TSS), I had forgotten that. This makes the whole refusal to acknowledge and accept academies even more of a silly and needless embarassment for the BCSA frankly.

I have no vested interest in any academy and have never patronised one myself for my own children but I accept their right to exist and conduct their business in a free and open economy.

I'm not quite seeing what the fuss is about FC Victoria in a 'sanctioned' league. It doesn't really have any relevance to the issue(s) being debated here IMO.

What's the difference between that 'situation' and say me putting together a team and buying a spot in the VMSL? Should I then demand that BCSA accept my business somehow as an affiliate? I would think not. (Sportstown also had a VMSL spot until they recently sold it).

Cheers,

~Regs.

If academies can enter teams in local sanctioned leagues then clearly their players can be registered with BCSA (and covered by BCSA's insurance policy). If they can be registered with BCSA why can they not then also be given travel permits to play out of province which was one of TSS's complaints - the BCSA apparently attempting to stop their participation in Washington tournaments.

If your business was panel beating and you sponsored a soccer team I wouldn't expect BCSA to grant your panel beating business affiliate membership, no. But if your business was soccer that would be quite different.

My business is soccer and no, I would not expect affiliation just because I have a team in a league.

The arguement that a soccer business should be granted affiliation status because they have a team in a league is flawed on many levels IMO.

Participation in sanctioned leagues is but a small part of the larger picture. An entity whose primary business is soccer and the operation of soccer teams ought to be drawn into the provincial association not deliberately excluded and alienated (for what appears here to be obscure and changable reasons). They may actually have something positive to contribute, think of that!

The very basis of the provincial and national organisations is that they are 'associations' of entities that share a common primary interest and activity - the playing of soccer by youths and adults and the development and promotion of the game. That alone is reason to include these academies. The USL clubs in Canada enjoy affiliation, why not academies. They are both involved in similar businesses.

Archived