Division 1 Team of the Week, to April 30

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Lots of Canadian players there, once again. Seems like the clubs' press people are doing a good job convincing someone, especially if a player from a losing side can get picked.

Glinton was player of the week.

USL First Division Team of the Week

Pos Name Team Highlights

G Josh Wicks Vancouver Four saves in 2-0 win over Toronto

D Brandon Curran Charleston Cleared ball off the line in shutout

D Steve Klein Vancouver Led Vancouver to 2-0 win over Toronto

D Nevio Pizzolitto Montreal Led Montreal to 1-0 win at Puerto Rico

D Adrian Cann Vancouver Led Vancouver to 2-0 win over Toronto

M Omar Daley Charleston Assist in 3-0 win over Virginia Beach

M Alfredo Valente Vancouver Assist in 2-0 win over Toronto

M Marko Bedenikovic Toronto Solid play in 2-0 loss at Vancouver

* F Gavin Glinton Charleston Two goals in 3-0 win over Virginia Beach

F Joey Gjertsen Vancouver Game-winner in 2-0 win over Toronto

F Mauricio Salles Montreal Game-winner in 1-0 win at Puerto Rico

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Oh please Jeffery S! As the self appointed font of all soccer knowledge and understanding, even from afar, you of all people should understand that it takes more than one player on a team to win or lose any game.

but it only takes one player to change the course of a game.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Oh please Jeffery S! As the self appointed font of all soccer knowledge and understanding, even from afar, you of all people should understand that it takes more than one player on a team to win or lose any game.

Richard, I know you are quite upset about people have opinions about soccer on a soccer forum, it seems, well, just not right, I know. There there's all that commenting on news reports, quite irritating, and then we even comment on game reports and even on games we have seen. You rarely do this, and I admire you for it. Your posts could easily be cut and pasted into a dog-sledding forum and they'd make perfect sense, that kind of ubiquity is a gift.

Please forgive our being so irritating. Not all of us have your ability to not contribute anything of any substance with such consistency and elegance, but we are working on it.

Hey Rich,

I won't post the shirt again because the joke might even be older than you- and, I don't want to bother the mods with more of your crocodile tears.

Please let me preface my commets by saying that I could care less who picks fights with who and I feel no need whatsoever to defend Jeffrey -nor would he want me to, I'm sure. Still, I'd really like to know why you so blatantly decided to start an argument with him, after he posted something as innocent as a team of the week list?

Is it wrong to post team of the week lists? Or do you really hate Jeffrey S. and everything and anything he has to say? If so, let me be the first to say you are one sad and lonely old bastard! IMHO, you need to talk to some people who aren't on the internet. :D:D:D

Archived