Canadians abroad: March 24-30, 2006

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Kelly's been talking again about moving on so I'm sure that's playing it's part. Jol as much as said in one articule that had 'Spurs played more games this season Kelly would have seen more action, but they didn't, so neither did he. More or less told Kelly he wants to keep him, but Diesel is the #1 right 'back.

Not the best display at White Hart Lane apparently. 'Spurs rob West Brom with a 2nd half penalty I believe for the the 2-1 win. The SkySports player ratings have Kelly at a 6 from the panel and even a 5.8 from the fans (which catchs the eye).

'Spurs away to Newcastle Saturday. See who starts at St. James'.

I'm sorry, but is this on a 10-scale?

Yeah, I saw that.

He was released by Haugesund, and was on a trial with both Brann and Løv-Ham in January. Both teams were less than impressed and declined to offer him a contract (that was January 26). It appears he returned to Haugesund and has a trial with his old team, but they have brought in some other new players, and the article you refer to simply states that Haugesund are not going to offer him a contract.

It seems like he wants to stay in western Norway, but is so far unable to find a new team. He may have to take a part-time deal with a 2nd division club if he wants to stay there. Haugesund were in the 2nd division last year but gained promotion and obviously feel he is not good enough to play in the 1st division (which is the 2nd tier in Norwegian soccer).

Re; Bertuzzi44

Yes. The ratings are on a 10 scale. Higher the better. Just felt it was worth mentioning because the more popular players, or more physically active ones anyway, tend to get a higher fan rating than panel rating. Lee and Kelly both falling into that group so Kelly's low rating catchs the eye.

To be fair though, he certainly wasn't the only one with a low rating. Was that sort of night at White Hart Lane I suppose.

I expect Kelly and Defoe back on the bench Saturday, but we'll see.

Jim Brennan played the 90 as Saints draw away at Burnley 1-1 yesterday. Result doesn't help either very much but not a bad away result for Southampton who went ahead on a Burnley own goal practicaly on the 1st touch of the match.

QPR host Stoke City at Loftus Road this afternoon. Should be a wicked one.

Hutchinson played 90 in middlefield as Copenhagen defeats Aalborg 1-0 on a last minute goal to move 1 point out of first place with a game in hand. The FCK website refers to him as a central middlefielder so maybe one of the Scandanavians can confirm if he is indeed playing there. I think he is well suited for this position and it is also a position we need filled more effectively on the MNT. I would like to see Serioux take the centre back spot and Hutch move into central mid.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Hutchinson played 90 in middlefield as Copenhagen defeats Aalborg 1-0 on a last minute goal to move 1 point out of first place with a game in hand. The FCK website refers to him as a central middlefielder so maybe one of the Scandanavians can confirm if he is indeed playing there. I think he is well suited for this position and it is also a position we need filled more effectively on the MNT. I would like to see Serioux take the centre back spot and Hutch move into central mid.

I actually prefer to see Hutch in the back line as what I have seen recently suggests he is very sure, cuts plays with confidence, passes out well, has a cool head, can handle the leaping. In the holding mid he tends to fall back too much and cede the critical space, and is often is unclear about what to do, follow the play forward or stay back. Hutch is not the most dynamic of tacklers, the old Viera comparisons were not quite right, I am not sure if he has either the pace or destructive anarchy of Serioux.

Will be interesting to see what he learns in Denmark, as they tend to be better ball handlers with more interesting midfield work than in Sweden or Norway.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I actually prefer to see Hutch in the back line as what I have seen recently suggests he is very sure, cuts plays with confidence, passes out well, has a cool head, can handle the leaping. In the holding mid he tends to fall back too much and cede the critical space, and is often is unclear about what to do, follow the play forward or stay back. Hutch is not the most dynamic of tacklers, the old Viera comparisons were not quite right, I am not sure if he has either the pace or destructive anarchy of Serioux.

Will be interesting to see what he learns in Denmark, as they tend to be better ball handlers with more interesting midfield work than in Sweden or Norway.

Archived