Austria Canada Video Download?

Soju

For those of us who weren't able to see the Canada vs Austria game, is anyone able to post a torrent or another kind of video file of the match? Free couch for a week and 24 pack for first taker! (offer available only in China).

Before anyone offers a torrent, I think we owe it to Regs to ask whether this would be OK with him and his firm. They were nice enough to get this for us, so let's not bite the hand.

Unfortunately due to the quick nature of this broadcast coming about, our guy in Austria did not set-up the stream to be archived (first thing first was to make sure the live stream functioned correctly).

If someone has a torrent to offer, I can't see the harm for this broadcast.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Thanks Regs. I do have a digital recording of the game that I could convert to a torrent, but I did not want to put you in a difficult position or infringe on your broadcast rights. Can I assume that the TV station in Austria would likewise not raise any objection, seeing as the game is now several days old?

I have a digital recording of the game, missing the first 15 minutes. I'll wait for some comment re whether Austrian TV is likely to object before I make it into a torrent. Like I said, I don't want to jeopardize things... it was great to get this feed.

Hmmm, maybe I should put it this way...

I'm not speaking on behalf of the company I work for right now, nor for SportFive who held the distribution rights for this game (or the CSA for that matter). If an individual makes the decision to share something, that is entirely his/her choice to make. Just don't come back here and say Regs said it was OK if things go south on you :)

Cheers,

~Regs.

I don't think they are likely to object Dave, because I don't think they are likely to know about it or likely to care if even if they do. What harm is a torrent available to Canadian fans days or weeks after the game going to do them?

I think we'd all be very grateful for a copy, even if it is missing the first 15 minutes of the match.

G-L, I appreciate your comment re it's unlikely Austrian TV would mind, days after their live broadcast. That's my train of thought as well, but it's reassuring to hear that you agree. If at any point they object, I would of course immediately stop distributing it.

Regs, it's very important to me that we not jeopardize future webcasts your company might give us by pissing them off. So, let me ask you this: You mentioned before that you guys hadn't set this up to be archived the first time around. Does that mean that, if I were to provide you with my copy (It's missing first 15 minutes, and is not really broadcast quality, although quite good) that you guys would be interested in setting it up as an archive on your site, thus getting the additional web traffic? If your firm has no interest in doing this, then presumably they see no further commercial value in my copy, so wouldn't mind if I distribute it. If you don't feel comfortable answering that yourself, could you perhaps ask the question at work tomorrow? Like I said, I'm really grateful for the webcast, and I want to extra careful not to jeopardize any possible future webcasts by stepping out of line on this. Thanks.

Our freedom to watch Canada actually win a game is in your hands gentleman. The power you wield over us all is incredible. Do the right thing, for all of us.

Sincerely,

Canadians who support unpopular sports.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Dave and Regs, what's the status on this?

Nothing to report from my end. Just waiting to hear from Regs re what he found out at work.

Regs, My Voyageurs email is empty. I checked into it, and it turns out that my old email address from years ago is still associated with my V's account. I tried to update my account with my new email and got an error message. Maybe one of the mods could suggest how to fix this?

In the meantime, Regs I will send you an email at your V's account, with my new email address, so you can forward your email from yesterday. Thanks.

EDIT: Regs, since you haven't included an email link in your V's profile, you can email me at rusirius99@hotmail.com (Note to everyone, this is basically a junkmail account that I normally might check once a month, so under normal circumstances I don't recommend sending me email there :-) )

quote:Originally posted by Dave

I tried to update my account with my new email and got an error message. Maybe one of the mods could suggest how to fix this?

Without knowing what the error message was, all I can suggest is to try again or e-mail me with your new address and I'll try to update it for you.

Note that when you change your address the forum will automatically send you a confirmation e-mail to the new address and you'll have to click on a link contained in that e-mail to confirm.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Without knowing what the error message was, all I can suggest is to try again or e-mail me with your new address and I'll try to update it for you.

It says my new email address is "already in use". I'll email you my new address.

Archived