Jump to content

Gaurantee HIrschfeld to never play for Canada!


wildboy26

Recommended Posts

Since he clearly is not wanted to ever play for a Canadian team again he should try and get citizenship in a country that needs a goalkeeper. There is no chance of him ever playing for a Canadian team again, Kenny and Greg have clearly surpassed him, he is done playing for Canadian teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 2 games ago (Luxembourg) he was called by FY, so I wouldn't say "they clearly don,t want him". I would say that he's the third choice at the moment. But WCQ starts in approx. 2 yrs, so he isn't out yet.

BTW, unless you're a refugee or something like that you can't get out of being cap-tied if you found another country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is so unfair he was demoted to 3rd choice with no chance to do anything about it. I hate Soccer Canada and I hope he refuses everytime they call to be back up when one of Kenny or Greg does not want to play. There is no reason he should give them anything, since they hate him, and he only gets to backup if one is injured or does not want to play.

Why was he called 2 games ago, which one of Kenny and Greg were hurt or did not want to play, and which one was he going to backup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I thihk Lars should play for Portugal.

We've given OH to England, DF to Portugal, and will give JDG to Holland soon, I don't think it would be right to give another player to Portugal, all the others power soccer nations would be put at a disadvantage. Letting Lars playing for Portugal is like giving the World Cup to the portuguese.

I think we should give Lars to France to help them find a solution to the Coupet vs Barthez debate. It would be so easy for the coach and fans with Lars at #1. We could also do the same with Germany........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by loyola

We've given OH to England, DF to Portugal, and will give JDG to Holland soon, I don't think it would be right to give another player to Portugal, all the others power soccer nations would be put at a disadvantage. Letting Lars playing for Portugal is like giving the World Cup to the portuguese.

I think we should give Lars to France to help them find a solution to the Coupet vs Barthez debate. It would be so easy for the coach and fans with Lars at #1. We could also do the same with Germany........

Yeah why dont they pass the idea to Lars to give him to France. That would be a great idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lars is currently in a dogfight for starting job on his new club, I'm sure he didn't want to leave the club at this time to play in a friendly. Yallop knows this too and surely considered it. Lars didn't play in the Spain friendly because he had just joined Tromso, he didn't play in this friendly because he just joined Rosenborg. We'll see him play for Canada again in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by bungey

Lars is currently in a dogfight for starting job on his new club, I'm sure he didn't want to leave the club at this time to play in a friendly. Yallop knows this too and surely considered it. Lars didn't play in the Spain friendly because he had just joined Tromso, he didn't play in this friendly because he just joined Rosenborg. We'll see him play for Canada again in the future.

Just like, Gerba, Johnson, Kenny, Serioux and Grande to name a few.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He didnt play vs Luxemburg since he was told he would only be backup to Kenny, with Greg not playing. That is when he learnt he was stuck as a distant #3 on the pecking order, and will only play in a game if both Kenny and Greg are hurt or dont go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be willing to bet $200 to the first taker that Lars never plays another game for Canada by the end of 2008 and is only backup for at most one game by the end of 2008. I like making easy money on sporting bets, I have done it before on football and tennis as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like hirschfeld and i hope he gets a shot at playing for canada again, but at this point, there is not much between our goalies and i would feel good with whoever is in the net. if lars shines at rosenborg, then in my mind he will be the natural 1st choice and yallop will have to recognize that. until that happens, the keeper situation is cool with me, and is the least of our problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by wildboy26

I would be willing to bet $200 to the first taker that Lars never plays another game for Canada by the end of 2008 and is only backup for at most one game by the end of 2008. I like making easy money on sporting bets, I have done it before on football and tennis as well.

Lars, is that you? Trying to make a quick $200, eh? Jeez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by wildboy26

I would be willing to bet $200 to the first taker that Lars never plays another game for Canada by the end of 2008 and is only backup for at most one game by the end of 2008. I like making easy money on sporting bets, I have done it before on football and tennis as well.

Lars, is that you? Trying to make a quick $200, eh? Jeez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

Lars, is that you? Trying to make a quick $200, eh? Jeez.

No this is not Lars, but I am looking to make a quick $200, since it sounds like you are one who agrees with me I guess it wont be from you though. If I am mistaken and you want to bet let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by canadiankick97

I'll take you on

Sounds good, what are the conditions:

I offer this:

I bet $200 Lars will not actually start any game for the Canadian team anywhere until the end of 2008, and he wont be brought up with the team(this includes as a backup as well)more than once by the end of 2008. So he has to start once, and be brought up including a backup twice for me to lose the bet, if I win I get $200, if you win you get $200, does that sound good? If not you can come up with the conditions you are comfortable with, or you can modify mine and let me know what you prefer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...