Canada vs Austria Web Cast Today

Bill Ault

[March 1st, 2006] Canada’s International friendly will be web cast today from Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna thanks to a last minute deal between CanadaKicks, Storm Internet Services and hm newsgroup in Vienna.

The game scheduled for a 2:30 pm kick off is the first ever meeting between the two countries.

Game commentary will be provided by Harry Miltner, an experienced writer with various English, but also German and Italian speaking media, including the Associated Press, the Guardian, the Telegraph, Kicker, World Soccer Magazine or Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Thanks to the cooperative effort of three great companies Canadian soccer fans will have first hand access to a game that would not be seen or heard otherwise in Canada. To our knowledge this is the first time that a national team game will be web cast for the most fanatical supporters of Canada’s national team,” said Bill Ault of CanadaKicks.

“Even as this being released we are still working out the technical issues but I am confident that fans will be able to “tune-in” this afternoon for the game,” continued Ault.

At press time the exact url link of the broadcast had not been set please check with www.canadakicks.com this afternoon for further details.

About Storm Internet Services

Since 1996, Storm Internet has built a reputation of providing consistent and reliable Internet connectivity in urban and rural communities for more than 10,000 clients. An industry leader in fixed-wireless connectivity, Storm currently maintains one of the largest broadband wireless networks in North America, covering approximately 35,000 square kilometers, spanning more than 50 communities and municipalities.

About hm newsgroup

hm newsgroup is an Austro-British news agency; its name fast becoming a byword for quality, accuracy and reliability. Located in Vienna, the heart of Europe, hm newsgroup has access to first hand information from Austria, but also its neighbours, such as Germany or Switzerland. Through our daughter company, Offside, hm newsgroup has more than ten offices in seven European countries.

Thanks Bill, and good job to all involved. I've added this info to the match threads.

Will the Webcast be available afterwards (delayed stream, on-demand stream, download, whatever), for those of us who won't be able to listen live and/or like to collect these things (I fall under both categories)?

Is this just audio?

Because I've just announced our company will be rebroadcasting the Austrian TV video signal for the game and I am putting together the player now. I won't have time to come back here for the next bit other than to post this here so if someone wants to follow the progress and update this site, please be my guest... I'll post an update when ready on TTP: http://www.takethepiss.com and on Mediaontap.com: http://www.mediaontap.com/sports/soccer/CSA/

Cheers,

~Regs.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Will the Webcast be available afterwards (delayed stream, on-demand stream, download, whatever), for those of us who won't be able to listen live and/or like to collect these things (I fall under both categories)?

I'll do my best - technology willing.

The webcast understandably is German and so presumably will be the game commentary, and the audio lags the video by several hundred milliseconds which is a little disturbing but still, better than no coverage :-)

I presume you have abandoned your English audio commentary audio stream then Bill, since you no longer mention it on your site?

The webcast understandably is German and so presumably will be the game commentary, and the audio lags the video by several hundred milliseconds which is a little disturbing but still, better than no coverage :-)

I presume you have abandoned your English audio commentary audio stream then Bill, since you no longer mention it on your site?

quote:Originally posted by Richard

The availability of a video webcast has made the audiocast a bit redundant - not to mention an unneccessary expense on my part (a couple of mortgage payments). CanadaKicks will provide a post game commentary as part of our regular mid-week podcast.

So in short the answer is yes ;)

quote:Originally posted by Richard

The availability of a video webcast has made the audiocast a bit redundant - not to mention an unneccessary expense on my part (a couple of mortgage payments). CanadaKicks will provide a post game commentary as part of our regular mid-week podcast.

So in short the answer is yes ;)

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

You are the best Bill. Now how come the CSA couldn't have done the same for years on end.

quote:Originally posted by Regs

Because I've just announced our company will be rebroadcasting the Austrian TV video signal for the game and I am putting together the player now. I won't have time to come back here for the next bit other than to post this here so if someone wants to follow the progress and update this site, please be my guest... I'll post an update when ready on TTP: http://www.takethepiss.com and on Mediaontap.com: http://www.mediaontap.com/sports/soccer/CSA/

Cheers,

~Regs.

pwned_cat1.jpg

Archived