Serioux gets his MLS contract

Crazy_Yank

Yeah...good for him...definitely a goos step by the sounds of things. Hard to know whether we can say it's great for his football or not, considering all the guys (like himself) getting to Europe out of the A-League these days, and also considering guys like old Jason Bent who never seemed to get much of a sniff despite all his steady work in the MLS. Maybe Adrian, and possibly DDR too, have just resigned themselves to being MLS guys for eternity.

As per the title of the Metros forum on big soccer.

Metrostars: We're getting better all the time. Really.

EDIT: Barring any major increase in the salaries of the others, Serioux will be the highest paid Canadian in MLS.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Barring any major increase in the salaries of the others, Serioux will be the highest paid Canadian in MLS.

You're right.

Onstad and De Rosario both earned slightly less last season (and Will Johnson made a lot less), although I think DeRo's contract was only a one-year deal, and if that's the case, than Dwayne should be making a lot more now as Houston's de facto franchise player.

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

Bruther GL, you should learn to never take anything that comes out of superMo's mouth as anything but pish.

Not taking the actual comment seriously, just can't believe the sort of "promotion" the new coach is giving his new signing.

MOB1.jpg

Mo's moods change like the wind.

He's clearly from the school of knock 'em down, build 'em up, as he's had a little run at about just about every one in camp so far.

In that article or another one (I'll dig for it) Mo essentially says Serioux is tough and uncompromising in challenges and gets the ball to Guevara and Djorkaeff. Sounds like what you'd want your defensive midfielder to do.

I don't think you offer up your last SI slot and pretty good MLS jack (plus 4-years to boot) and give the guy the responsibility that comes with that position in the 3-5-2 formation Mo favours, if you don't think he can do the job. Add to that, his cover at the position is a 19-year-old with little or no experience and I think Mo's playing a bit of a shell game here.

As for DeRo, he is in the second year of a two-year deal, so he's on the open market again next year (although Houston would retain his MLS rights).

Edit: Here's the quote, it's from the BigAppleSoccer.com story.

"He's strong, is passing more to Amado [Guevara] and Youri [Djorkaeff] and will sit in that pocket and get tackles in. That's what we want from Adrian."

"His ability to deliver hard tackles, cover ground, defend and maintain possession make him the perfect complement to Amado Guevara and Mark Lisi, who appears to have played his way into the other starting defensive midfield role."

Sounds like the player Arsenal need at the mo.

Could you have asked for a better 1st MLS contract?

And this for a non goal scorer who's pedigree is A-League football interrupted by 30-40 CCC matchs with Millwall and a rather miserable record in what caps he has won during international duty.

Well good for you Adrian! I'm going to very much enjoy MLS this year I think. Not quite sure MLS is going to enjoy you, but that's there problem.

Well done.

SERIOUX!!! SERIOUX!!! SERIOUX IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS Adrian!!!! take a good bite out the Big Apple.

(tune of hey jude)

Nah....nah....Nah,nah,nah,nah.....nah,nah,nah,nah....SERIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived