Canada - Brasil Men's U20 in Edmonton

River City

Couldn't find a post on this one, but the game is scheduled for Friday, May 19 at 8pm at Commonwealth Stadium.

Tickets will be on sale to the general public starting on April 1 through Ticketmaster ($16.25 - $26.75), but are available now through members of the Alberta Soccer Association for $15.00 (East side only).

I'm thinking of volunteering for this event up until game day, and then joining the fun!!!!

VANCOUVER, BC – The Vancouver Whitecaps, in conjunction with the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) and the British Columbia Soccer Association, are pleased to announce that Greater Vancouver will be the host of two international friendlies this spring. Canada’s Women’s World Cup Team will battle the Netherlands on March 1 at Thunderbird Stadium and Canada’s U-20 Men’s National Team will challenge Brazil on May 25 at Swangard Stadium.

Canada’s Women’s World Cup Team, which is currently ranked 13th in the world, will host the 17th ranked Netherlands on March 1 at the University of British Columbia’s Thunderbird Stadium in Vancouver.

The only other previous meeting between these two teams took place on April 19, 2005 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands. The match, part of a European tour which also included friendlies in Germany and France, was a hard fought 1-1 draw. Whitecaps captain and veteran national team member, Andrea Neil, scored Canada’s lone goal.

The first match of the two-game series will take place on March 1, 2006 at Thunderbird Stadium on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. Kickoff has been scheduled for 7pm PT.

The second will be played on March 4, 2006 at Centennial Stadium on the campus of the University of Victoria in Victoria, BC. Kickoff time has been set for 1pm PT. The match will be broadcasted live (on all regional channels) by Rogers Sportsnet.

Tickets for the Vancouver match can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling the Vancouver Whitecaps office on 604-669-WAVE (9283).

Prices for single game tickets are $20 for Adult, $15 for Youth (under 18).Tickets for Groups of 10 or more are $15/Adult and $12/youth.

Tickets for the match in Victoria can be obtained by contacting the following outlets –

Lower Island Soccer Association (LISA) – 250-382-7489

AllSport (Victoria) – 250-380-1980

SoccerWorld (Victoria) – 250-475-3777

Team Sales (Victoria) – 250-388-9222

InterSport (Campbell River) – 250-286-1760

Action Source (Campbell River) – 250-286-0691

Soccer Zone (Nanaimo) – 250-754-2220

Prices for single game tickets are $15.00 for Adult, $10.00 for Youth (under 18).Tickets for Groups of 10+ are $10.00/Adult and $7.00/Youth.

Greater Vancouver will also host Canada’s U-20 Men’s National Team’s third match against Brazil’s U-20 National Team. Last week, the CSA struck an agreement with the Confederaçao Brasileira de Futebol (Brazilian Football Confederation) which will see Brazil’s U-20 National Team travel to Canada for a series of games against Canada’s U-20 Men’s National Team in May 2006.

The third match in the three game series against the perennial World Champions will be played on May 25 at Swangard Stadium in Burnaby. The three game series will kick-off at Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium on May 19, the second to be played three days later on May 22 at the University of Victoria’s Centennial Stadium.

Specific details regarding the kick-off times and tickets for the friendlies will be announced shortly.

• 2 months later...

It's kind of disappointing no one organized a Voyageurs get together, but since I didn't do one either, I'm just as much to blame. I should be off work at 830pm so with any luck so I should be able to make it for the second half.

Any interest in going for a few pints after, let me know.

I was planning on going, but if the Moose Jaw Warriors are in the Memorial Cup, there's no way I'll be there. Either way there should be some sort of pre-match gathering and some idea of where we can gather to watch the game. Obviously I can't plan anything, but why doesn't someone just pick a pub pre-match.

Are tickets GA at all?

cheers,

matthew

Archived