March 1 Friendly - Austria v Canada PRE-match

matthew

I've checked every known location in Vancouver to track down ORF1 but have been unsuccessful. I called the Austrian Consulate, the Austrian Vancouver Club and every other number that showed up when I googled Austria and Vancouver. It looks like we'll have to wait for second hand reports.

Best of luck to our boys.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Well since Serioux has been training in Austria, I had my doubts about how serious his injury was. Bernier can play in the middle. I don't think the exact positioning in our three man mf is exactly critical. I wouldn't mind seeing Grande start. This could be bs, but it looked reasonable enough that I'd post it. The one before Luxembourg was bang on, so I figured why not.

A different paper had this. I hope the ones who can understand it will find some humour in it:

Earl Cochrane, Pressechef der Kanadier, glaubt nicht, dass es in naher Zukunft zur Gründung einer überregionalen Liga kommen wird. Die Zukunft für kanadische Klubs sieht er am ehesten in der Major League Soccer (MLS). Ab 2007 wird mit Montreal erstmals ein kanadisches Team an der MLS teilnehmen. Vancouver und Toronto sollen in absehbarer Zeit folgen.

Mit Montreal steigt zunächst das Team mit dem größten Zuschauerpotenzial Kanadas ins Profi-Abenteuer ein. Montreal zieht 10.000 bis 12.000 Fans zu den USL-Spielen. Vancouver und Toronto hinken mit um 5000 Besuchern nach. Auch hier liegt Kanada mit unserer Liga gleichauf.

I'm assuming Earl was misquoted. :)

Herauf die Ahornblätter!

cheers,

matthew

That's funny....according to Earl, Montreal will join MLS in 2007, and hopefully be joined later by Vancouver and Toronto. Does he know something we don't???

Here we are in Vienna, me, Sigma and tg-13. It was MArdi Gras last night and we had fun. Chilly game in sight and no news of the starting lineup. The projected one earlier don't make much sense.

That's it. We'll be rating every player 1-5 and have some quotes in the next few days.

Archived