Canadians abroad: February 24 - March 2, 2006

DJT

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Thanks for taking time out of your holy schedule to inform us. Critics come in abundance to our beloved site, but informed opinions like this are few and far between. Keep up the good posts.

Either this is an incredibly sarcastic post, or unintentionally funny.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Either this is an incredibly sarcastic post, or unintentionally funny.

I would have to agree Rudi, don't know if that comment is directed at me and if it is how I might take it. Especially since it follows one of my tamer posts. But that "holy" schedule, what do I make of that?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I would have to agree Rudi, don't know if that comment is directed at me and if it is how I might take it. Especially since it follows one of my tamer posts. But that "holy" schedule, what do I make of that?

I suspect, knowing Nolando, that he is actually earnest in his compliments to you. Take it as you like it.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I suspect, knowing Nolando, that he is actually earnest in his compliments to you. Take it as you like it.

I would agree to the term "holy schedule" to referring to watching Barça, sublime incarnate team.

Guest Jeffery S.

Fernando Aguiar went 90 and got the winner as Gondomar beat Olhanense 1-2 away to stay within 5 points of a promotion spot in the Portuguese Liga de Honra after 24 games. He was carded in the first half, abola.pt named him man of the match.

He also scored last week in a draw with Varzim, on a bit of a roll.

Marco Bras was red-carded last week in a cardfest for Pampilhosa in a draw, not playing this weekend as they won and stayed 5th in their third tier group.

Guest Jeffery S.

No Julian de Guzman for Depor who came back to beat tough Osasuna in Pamplona 1-2 to stay in the hunt for a European spot. He pays the price for a poor showing last week.

I think that Julian has to realize that he is competiting for a spot and has to give just that bit more to help his team, I think if he coasts too much -my impression watching him this season- he'll continue to miss out on playing, but he can win back his spot if he fights for it a bit more. And does a bit more, taking that extra stride. But not in practice, in games.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I would agree to the term "holy schedule" to referring to watching Barça, sublime incarnate team.

Jokes and compliments are always less effective when you have to explain them. Perhaps I should have written this compliment more clearly the first time. Apologies. The holy comment was indeed a response to another one of the many shots fired in your general direction.

I like your holy interpretation, however.

English Non-League round-up:

Ross Smith and Gravesend & Northfleet drew 0-0 at home to Scarborough. Smith cleared the ball off Gravesend's goal line in the first half, salvaging a point for the 'Fleet. Gravesend are now 11th in the Conference National.

Justin Thompson and Worcester City won 1-2 away at Hucknall Town. It was the first loss for new Hucknall manager Kevin Wilson, the guy who was sacked form Kettering Town to make way for Gazza. Worcester are now 12th in the Conference North, after being near the relegation zone for most of the season.

Simon Rayner and Alfreton Town lost 1-0 away to Redditch United. Raynor made a save in the 86th minute, according to the Non-League Paper. Alfreton are now 19th in the Conference North. The bottom two clubs (21st and 22nd) will be relegated to the Unibond League Premier Division.

Voyegeurs-sponsored Elliott Godfrey and fellow striker Jon Henry-Hayden both came fairly close to scoring in Hampton & Richmond Borough's 2-0 loss away at Bromley. HRBFC are currently fourth, and in a playoff position. Match report here: http://www.hamptonfc.com/Fixtures/20060225%20Bromley.htm

Archived