Canada's new kit?

NovaScotian

Guest HamiltonSteelers

I find Nike's kits to be completely boring and without any degree of imagination. The Man Utd home kit is the closest kit I've seen that seems to step away from their plain look (with that bizzare white shoulder swoop thingy).

Adidas' club kits are, for the most part, quite nice, but their national team ones are rediculously boring. They haven't been nice since the 3 stripes draping over the right shoulder.

Even though they seem to be losing more and more of the market share, I've always liked Umbro's kits.

At least with the proposed new Canada kit, it's far less boring than what it currently is. We should go with red and white stripes or hoops. Stand out a little from the crowd.

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

I find Nike's kits to be completely boring and without any degree of imagination. The Man Utd home kit is the closest kit I've seen that seems to step away from their plain look (with that bizzare white shoulder swoop thingy).

Nike's new national kits are very good, IMHO.

They got away from the cookie-cutter 'cue-ball on a bib' design they outfitted all of their national teams with and actually gave each side a somewhat unique looking uniform.

I'd post pics here, but I'm just too damn lazy to look right now [}:)].

EDIT: Sean was posting pics as I was writing. I really like the USA's blue kit with the horizontal striipe. They wore it for their friendly versus Guatemala last week.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

better than the old ones....i liked the dutch ones with the circle in the middle.

i think the hockey guys are on to something with the black jerseys...maybe that should be a canada thing now....that design would look good in black.

We did have black third jerseys about ten years ago.

I think they even wore them during a WCQ against Costa Rica .

i like the FC Dallas kit for two reasons (1) it's ugly, and (2) it's original. you guys bitch and moan about cookie cutter kits and then a team tries something out of the mold and they still get flack. gimme a break. ya, you know what, i like ugly kits. it shows gumption, ambition, and balls. good for them to give this kit a shot and stand out from the crowd. people the world over (well ok, people Texas over!!!!) will know instantly what club this is.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

i like the FC Dallas kit for two reasons (1) it's ugly, and (2) it's original. you guys bitch and moan about cookie cutter kits and then a team tries something out of the mold and they still get flack. gimme a break. ya, you know what, i like ugly kits. it shows gumption, ambition, and balls. good for them to give this kit a shot and stand out from the crowd. people the world over (well ok, people Texas over!!!!) will know instantly what club this is.

The thing is, that kit you are referring to (I'm assuming you're referring to the one posted above) is not an original (I've seen a couple of other MLS teams use it so far in training) and it's not FC Dallas' real kit, as it's merely used for training.

Their official 2006 uniform looks like this:

HOME

369_1004844.jpg

AWAY

369_1004888.jpg

Personally I think these jerseys are fantastic, and if I were an FC Dallas fan I'd have one of each.

Archived