Canada's new kit?

NovaScotian

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

thanks for the correction rudi - and ya, i agree - both dallas' kits are fantastic. hopefully the texas derby can add some heat to the mls - then again, having a california tri-derby similar to the EPL's northeastern tri-derby sure didn't do much!

The best regular season games from last year all involved San Jose and Los Angeles. Donovan's return to San Jose was the best atmosphere at an MLS game I've seen in awhile. I hope the Texas rivalry helps, but the league hurt itself IMO by losing that Cali rivalry. You can't replace history and that rivalry had lots of history. And the Chivas/LA rivalry is coming along too. Chivas was a mess, but it was always good times watching them kick lumps out of each other in front of a passionate crowd at the HDC. Esp, if like me, you didn't like either team. Heck even Chivas' first trip to Spartan was a darn good game (back and forth 3-3 tie with a big crowd on a perfect sunny afternoon).

While I don't like the grey road kits (I just don't like grey I guess), the FCD home kits are great. If only they'd get rid of the FC Dallas on the front . . . oh well, still better than a sponsorship.

I quite like our new kits if that is them. Simple and clean. I hate the black kits. I have a thing about them. It goes back to the Jamaica game in Vancouver in 1996 and I know we won wearing them in Edmonton against Costa Rica, but we rarely, if ever, play well in black. Just my opinion. I don't mind them asthetically, I just get bad mojo about us in black.

And I hate, hate, hate those Mexican jerseys. They have beautiful kits. Dark green, white shorts and red socks. You can't screw that up can you? I think Nike has. Other than that I really like their World Cup designs and I think this is the least homogenous their designs have been in a long time. I hope it's the start of a trend. It used to be Adidas that had a little variety in their designs but not any more.

cheers,

matthew

Archived