CPSL Off Season News

L.T.

El Che,

A propos of nothing, from my recollection, Brampton's team last year included players who were of Portuguese, S. African, English and Croatian background, and maybe even a Canadian ot two.

Some of the Spanish boys want to try something new at Supra and that's fine. They have been with the Brampton team for a long time (I think the Mella's may have been there since the beginning) and have done a great job through thick and thin - so good luck to them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

El Che,

A propos of nothing, from my recollection, Brampton's team last year included players who were of Portuguese, S. African, English and Croatian background, and maybe even a Canadian ot two.

Some of the Spanish boys want to try something new at Supra and that's fine. They have been with the Brampton team for a long time (I think the Mella's may have been there since the beginning) and have done a great job through thick and thin - so good luck to them.

Dusan Belic has signed with Serbian White Eagles

He played for Sint-Truiden, in 1st division and was one of the best keepers of the competition !

What is he doing in CPSL ??? Mystery !

Belic : “With some other serbians, I have to be the backbone of a new team : the Serbian White Eagles. The competition starts in May. I feel good and trainings are hard. Also financially, I'm doing an excellent operation.”

Excellent operation financially in CPSL vs. a pro European first division ???????????????????

Will Serbian White Eagles justify the P in CPSL for professionnal ???

I wasn't talking about anything, on the contrary I was commenting that they looked very similar!

Reason being?

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

"Just a note, the Serbian White Eagles website looks so much similar to that of the HAMILTON THUNDER!"

I dont see any similarity...what were you talking about?

quote:Originally posted by El CHE

I wasn't talking about anything, on the contrary I was commenting that they looked very similar!

Reason being?

Not sure whate site you are commenting on, but the site is not up and running as far as I know. Should be operational shortly and there is no similarity to any current sites. FYI

quote:Originally posted by El CHE

**Serbian White Eagles have a new fan forum www.ultra-serbs.com to be up at the end of the week**

Just a note, the Serbian White Eagles website looks so much similar to that of the HAMILTON THUNDER!

Actually, what it looks like is the BHTC forum which the Thunder site used to link to. That's probably just because they're using the same public forum hosting site... nothing sinister.

Mike.

A press conference Monday will announce more International games for CPSL teams:

On the occasion of the visit to Toronto during May of Sporting Braga of the Portuguese First Division and Santa Clara of the Portuguese Second Division for games with Portuguese Toronto Supra and Serbian White Eagles of the CPSL’s International Division

the white eagles site is now out....partly and not in english yet.

i really dont like how this club is doing another lanuage before english...no matter what we are still in Canada.

They've gone ethnic, what did you expect?

i really dont like how this club is doing another lanuage before english...no matter what we are still in Canada.

They've gone ethnic, what did you expect?

Yes, we are in Canada. *cough* Caledonia *cough*. Where are the Quebecers around here?

I'm sure they will launch an English version soon enough as it doesn't seem much is there anyway.

As for the schedule, they have Serbs vs. Italians on May 19.

Why such negativity.. the site will definitly be in both languages and as you can see, is not fully operational. Give the ethnic slant a break since we are not the only team that has two languages on their website.

i was note trying to be negative just saying that this club i think is doing the wrong things...starting with the support group having a non-english website.

hopefully the club itself will be updating the english site jsut as much as the serbian site.

whiteeagles,,,what is the club looking at for an average attendance?

i was note trying to be negative just saying that this club i think is doing the wrong things...starting with the support group having a non-english website.

hopefully the club itself will be updating the english site jsut as much as the serbian site.

whiteeagles,,,what is the club looking at for an average attendance?

The english part of the site will be equal to the serbian - the base of fans is here in this country but there are newcomers here that still haven't mastered the english language. The main focus of the club is to have a duel identity (which we think is very feasable in this market) in that it attracts both segments of the population. Our fan base should bring in an average of 4-5K fans for regular season games and much more for internationals or developed rivalries.

Average attendance is always connected to the quality of the product on the field - both in home and away fans.

Let's wait and see what the final product looks like - positive or negative. :)

*posted previously*

A Charity game featuring Toronto Croatia and Brampton Stallions of the CPSL will be played in support of Epilepsy Mississauga.

The game is an officially sanctioned exhibition game by the CPSL, and will take place at Huron Park, 830 Paisley Blvd, Mississauga, on Saturday 29 April 2006. Game time is scheduled for approximately 5 p.m. and a $10 donation for Epilepsy Mississauga would be gratefully accepted at that time.

Prior to the game, players from both the Stallions and Toronto Croatia will be there at 1.30 p.m., for one on one coaching. All young players are welcome to participate in the one on one coaching with these professionals from Toronto Croatia and Brampton Stallions.

A large attendance is expected on Saturday 29th April at Huron Park as Toronto Croatia and Brampton Stallions compete against each other for the first time this year.

quote:Originally posted by WhiteEagle

The english part of the site will be equal to the serbian - the base of fans is here in this country but there are newcomers here that still haven't mastered the english language. The main focus of the club is to have a duel identity (which we think is very feasable in this market) in that it attracts both segments of the population. Our fan base should bring in an average of 4-5K fans for regular season games and much more for internationals or developed rivalries.

Average attendance is always connected to the quality of the product on the field - both in home and away fans.

Let's wait and see what the final product looks like - positive or negative. :)

Well, wait and see, but this reeks of the Aviators' "11k a game" prediction.

City's hope springs eternal (London Free Press)

Interesting tidbit from this story:

Every season begins the same way for London City.

They will open the Canadian Soccer League season -- the league's name will change, dropping the word professional -- in May with great hope and fingers crossed.

The hope is this will be the year City competes for the championship...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/DallaCosta/2006/04/28/1555107-sun.html

The domain CanadianSoccerLeague.ca (nothing is up) was registered on April 10, 2006 by Cary Kaplan (CPSL commish) on behalf of "Canadian Soccer League Inc."

The domain CanadianSoccerLeague.com (nothing is up) was registered in 2000 by the CSA.

Dropping the "professional" makes them look more professional.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Well, wait and see, but this reeks of the Aviators' "11k a game" prediction.

Yes it does. The Serb-Italy game last summer had about 22 000 people. Probably about 1/3rd Serbs, so that's about 7 000. They expect to get almost as many people as the Serbian national team? If their financial plan calls for 4-5 000 people a game, they won't last a season. Besides, I think if they get 1 000 people a game, that has to be considered a huge success.

Archived