Canadians abroad: February 10-16, 2006

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EST.

Sunday, February 12

1:00 PM (4.5-hour tape delay) on FSWC — England: Premier League

Sunderland vs. Tottenham (Paul Stalteri)

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 10-16, 2006.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

In the CCCCCCCCC:

- Pesch comes on in the 74th minute as Derby hosts Leeds. 0-0 final. Derby are 20th.

- De Vos plays the match as Ipswich come back to defeat Burnley 2-1. Ipswich move up to 10th, 9 points away from a playoff spot.

- Bircham returns for QPR and is subbed out in the 88th minute as QPR beat a Simpson-less Millwall 1-0. QPR are 12th.

- Hume scores in the 5th and is subbed out in the 86th as Leicester hold on to beat relegation rivals Brighton 1-2. Leicester move up to 19th, 6 points above the drop zone.

- On Friday, Brennan is nowhere to be seen as Reading defeats Southampton 2-0.

In the Prem:

- Radzinski plays the match, scores a goal and picks up a card, presumably for his celebration as Fulham trounce WBA 6-1.

- Tottenham play Sunderland tomorrow, but you can catch a Romanuk interview with Stalteri on SoccerCentral today.

Klukowski sets up a goal for Club Brugge, who lead at Sint-Truiden 1-0 in the second half.

06' DOELPUNT

Klukowski draait de bal mooi (en volledig vrijstaand) voor vanop links, Clement kopt aan de tweede paal staalhard binnen.

Translation: Beautiful cross by Klukowski to the second post where it was met with a strong header by Clement for the goal.

Guest Can. in UK

I was at the Fulham match today.

As reported, Radzinski scored a nice goal but he also set up three others. He was anonymous in the first half, but once he scored he was lethal. Looked like he was playing with full confidence in the second half.

Hopefully he can keep it up!

So is Ipswich on a bit of rebound? They are now 6 or 7 points from a playoff spot after a disasterous start. I haven't checked their schedule to see who they have been playing lately, but is it their schedule and teams they are playing or is this a real rebound?

Ipswich had alot of holes to fill at the beginning of the year after the departure in the off-season of their keeper, two quality strikers and a top midfielder. They did it primarily through elevating quality youth from their reserves/youth side. I think they have needed some to time to blood these youngsters and gell again as a team. Plus players like De Vos had poor first halfs but seem to have come on again in the new year.

I think they have a chance at the playoffs but I wouldn't count on it...more likely, a finish just outside is far more probable.

FC København (Copenhagen) - Lillestrøm SK 1-1

FCK: Hutchinson enters the pitch in the 66th minute. Ok match, nothing spectacular and I didn't really see much from him.

LSK: Occean scored in the 88th minute. A cheeky little effort on a freekick. FCK is setting up the wall, keeper is out position and Occean flicks it over the wall and into the empty net.

(posted this in the wrong thread by accident)

Guest Jeffery S.

Dani Fernandes plays 90 but losing 1-0 to Egaleo from Athens away, a goal where the opposing forward broke the offside trap and came in alone.

They remain fifth I think but still getting poor results from inferior teams.

Tough side though PAOK, who with Fernandes have not lost a game by more than one goal in the entire season.

Midweek CCC action:

- De Vos plays the match and Peters rides the bench as Ipswich defeat bottom Crewe 1-2. Ipswich move up to 8th.

- Hume plays the match and scores Leicester's first goal in a 2-2 draw at Derby. Pesch comes on in the 83rd. Leicester 19th, Derby 20th.

- No Simpson as Millwall draws 1-1 with Hull. Millwall are 23rd, 6 points from safety.

- No Bircham as QPR trail 2-1 at Crystal Palace.

Klukowski has started against AS Roma in UEFA Cup.

Hirschfeld's Rosenborg is losing 2-0 at home to Zenit St. Petersburg in the 2nd half. I think Hirsch is cap tied for the UEFA Cup so he probably is not even on the bench. His rival for starter Johnson is playing. Not sure if he was at fault on any of the goals.

Rosenborg go down 2-0, Hirsch not on bench for reasons mentioned earlier. Rosenborg had a penalty on a controversial call but the Russian keeper saved it. At the other end Johnson was apparently not as impressive and the 2nd goal came from a clearance by him that hit a Russian player and bounced into the net.

Good chance for Brugges as Roma down to 10 men early in the game.

Jim Brennan plays 90 in Southampton's 0-0 draw with Preston in Wednesday CCC action.

In Scotland, Richard Hastings play the full 90+ minutes for Inverness CT as they drop their Scottish Cup replay to second division Partick Thistle 2-1 on PK's.

I believe that is nine SPL sides bounced from Scotland's premier cup competition.

Personally, I hope it opens the door for St. Mirren. [8D]

Archived