Joe Di Buono signs in Polish First Division

coward

Guest hangoverPL

I think I recall a Filip form grade 8, I'm 1984 so we met at some point for sure. Anyhow, it's funny that whenever and wherever (France, Belfast, Warsaw) I meet a Canadian he's from Mississauga :)

is there an 'edit' option on this forum? I want to correct my last post - two identical pictures are there by mistake...

Guest hangoverPL

Dunno about crime - I try to keep a distance form all the hoolie culture, and You live 10 000 miles from PL. My girl is from Wroclaw so I have a regular contact with Slask, her little brother used to play in the youth teams.

My gg nr is 5067378 .

I will be informing all of You guys about Joe and Polonia, but once again feel most invited to visit www.wielkapolonia.pl and read the full English News section.

Guest hangoverPL

The match against Zaglebie has been postponed due to bad weather conditions so we will have to wait for Joe's league debut at least till this weekend - Polonia will play Korona Kielce at home.

Today the team played a test match and DiBuono was a sub for the last half hour. It's hard to predict wheter he will make it to the first XI - at the moment it seems he will be the first sub defensive midfielder.

Guest hangoverPL

The only positive thing I can think of now is that it simply can't get any worse than this...

I was looking forward to the spring round of the league - but the death of president Raniecki complicates it all.

R.I.P [']

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hangoverPL

Polonia plays a game on saturday - away in Wronki were they will confront Amica - a funny club founded in 1992 in a town of app. 5000 people, where average attendance is below 1000 - but the stadium, the training ground and the team are one of the best in Poland.

Joe DiBuono is training with the team hoping to get a chance soon.

Polonia's main central defender is out for a week with a tigh injury and he will be substituted by Joe's rival to DMC position - therefore Joe could even start in the first eleven.

trening_17032006_2.jpg

I don't think DiBuono is happy with this pic :)

AMICA [:o)]:D:DThat club is a joke. Sk any fan of any team in Poland and they will say the same thing. AMICA is an appliance giant in Poland ( refrigirators, stoves, etc. ) Fans often kid that players get appliances as their bonuses. The team competition wise is competative though, just because of the $$$. They have made several UEFA cup apperances and always sit top 5 ( currently 3rd behind last season champs Wisla Krakow and current leaders Legia Warszawa. They won thier 1st 2 spring games convincingly. They impressed v.s @ home Odra Wodzislaw (4-0) and took out Pogon Szczecin (3-0) away.

Good luck to Joel

Guest hangoverPL

No great news I'm affraid.

Joe sat on the betch as Polonia got their as..s kicked 0:3 in Wronki (Amicas third consecutive win, 10 goals scored, 0 lost...)

Next game - at home against the legendary Górnik Zabrze - 14 x champion of Poland, Cup Winners' Cup runner up etc. - whole match on the bench while Polonia Warszawa destroy Górnik 4:1.

He played 90min in the 4th Polish Division game as Polonia II defeated Podlasie 2:1

polonia-podlasie_086.jpg

polonia-podlasie_012.jpg

more pics here - http://www.poloniawarszawa.com/2006_26-03_polonia-podlasie.php

I have no idea if he's in good or bad form. He played well enough in the first test match - I haven't seen the rest. Polonia's midfield at the moment is solid and I can't see him making it into the first XI...

With Dariusz Dzwigala - 37 year old league veteran who seems to gain skill and stamina with his age, a real playmaker, with Martins Ekwueme - 21 year old technically skilled Nigerian, Maciej Terlecki - once European U-16 Champion and Antoni £ukasiewicz - former captain of Polish U-21 - I have to say some catastrophy would have to occur that would give Joe a chance...

Theoretically only Terlecki and £ukasiewicz are defensive midfielders, and £ukasiewicz sometimes apperas as centradl defender - never the less, I don't think Joe will play in the next few games.

Polonia play the champions Wis³a away in the next round.

More news - www.wielkapolonia.pl English News

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hangoverPL

Joe played another full game in the 2nd team -

Polonia II: Chamera - Moryc, Stokowiec, Markowski, Szachnowicz - Naulewicz, Pi±tek, Di Buono, Lewandowski, Swisher - Terlecki

against Zbik Nasielsk...

Guest hangoverPL

oh, four times higher than Swisher's !!!

Swisher was a bad defender even by our automn standards, with the defence line we have now, with 4 new players, he is not even in the third lineup.

Joe is definately a backup Def.Midfielder - the fact that he is always on the bench in the 1st league games is proof. In the last game the DM raised in Polonia - Krzysztof Bak - gave a terrible performance- Joe's chances may thus be even higher.

Guest hangoverPL

if swisher's chances for 1st team is nil, what are joe's?

oh, four times higher than Swisher's !!!

uhm, of course I didn't mean to say that if Swisher's chances are 0 than Joe's are 0 x 4 ;)

BTW - Polonia II played Powislanka Lipsko yesterday, they lost 0:1 after a very strange penalty in 88th. Joe played in the first half.

polonia-powislanka_007.jpg

as You can see Swisher is not even in the II team anymore...

polonia-powislanka_002.jpg

poor Luis

polonia-powislanka_017.jpg

In my opinion Joe is somewhat too heavy... Most of the II team pleyers have this problem as I see...

http://www.poloniawarszawa.com/2006_22-04_polonia-powislanka.php

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hangoverPL

Joe Di Buono - True or false?

according to the updated version of our site, the squad section

http://www.wielkapolonia.pl/serwis/content/view/88/105/1/4/

Joe has played 15 matches in the Canadian U-21 team and 5 in other junior level canadian teams. Yet most of the people who replied to this topic said that he in completly anonymous and didn't even play in Montreal Impact (Joe himself claims he did).

Can anyone tall me if thios guy is a fraud or just forgotten?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hangoverPL

so...

Polonia are now almost officialy relegated (as all other clubs will probably be given license to play in the 1st Div) - and our poor Joe has played ... 0 minutes :) Impressive, eh?

In a test match lately Polonia's first squad played the youths Polonia 1987 and ... drew 2:2. The youngsters are believed to be our hope for the future in the second division so I can't realy see a foreign player (not very young - pushing 25, not very skillfull as some youths have already played in the 1st team...) like Joe i the club.

but I will be updating all of You interested...

darn, I was realy looking forward to a Polonia flag with a maple leaf :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hangoverPL

one of Polonia's websites spread the news that Joe is no longer our player - that's about it.

I imagined this topic differently when it started - Joe scoring a goal in the 1st div, Polonia avoiding relegation - cruel reality - Di Buono is not star material and Polonia may well play in the 4th division next season...

Would have been a nice story had it panned out and we have had a few guys come out of nowhere like Olivier Occean. On the other hand there is not a lot in Di Buono's background to make one expect he would make an impact in Europe. Hainault for example had always looked impressive with both the national team and the Impact (could never understand why he wasn't a starter for the Impact because despite his age he was usually the best defender on the field when he played).

Archived