canada friendlies vs world cup bound clubs

snake

are the csa making an effort on setting up any games with teams bound for germany 2006,australia and or south korea and japan would be good warm up games for both canada and asian/oceanna clubs.instead of hitching to europe a month or so before the tourney they could hit vancouver train/aclimatise in vancouver for 10 days or so and than play one more friendly in europe around late may.

quote:Originally posted by snake

are the csa making an effort on setting up any games with teams bound for germany 2006,australia and or south korea and japan would be good warm up games for both canada and asian/oceanna clubs.instead of hitching to europe a month or so before the tourney they could hit vancouver train/aclimatise in vancouver for 10 days or so and than play one more friendly in europe around late may.

Good question I already asked the same question no one really gave me an answer hopefully it will happen but with whom? Probably scotland if we are lucky. I know costa rica are looking for a friendly

i would have thought for Australia at least most of their players will already been in Europe and they are likely to train there.....as most of our players are there as well, I would think that it would be more likely that we would play matches in Europe vs. European WC bound opposition or those wanting tune up friendlies for Euro 2008 qualifying.

We are the last type of team Australia should be playing at this point. They are an underdog in the group and need to be playing stronger teams of varying styles not weaker teams with a similar style. We would be far more attractive as preparation for the teams playing against Australia. Australia should be trying for friendlies with Serbia, Argentina and Korea.

Australia is playing Greece in Melbourne sometime between May 24-26 (I don't think the exact date has been finalized). There might be a second match in Sydney.

The May dates our U21 team is playing Brazil would have been perfect for the men's team to play Brazil, which doesn't seem to have lined-up any matches yet.

Canada should be looking at CONCACAF and South American qualifiers to set-up friendlies at the end of May before they head to Germany. Like I said, the U21 dates would be perfect for those games. So I think we can safely assume they aren't happening, at least not in Canada.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

Good question I already asked the same question no one really gave me an answer hopefully it will happen but with whom? Probably scotland if we are lucky. I know costa rica are looking for a friendly

Scotland, not having qualified for the WC, will likely be a "target" for non-European teams looking for a decent friendly on their way to Germany. Likely teams who expect to play England.

Archived