Question for supporters groups

Geoffory I have two questions for you

1.why do you hate us sooo much?

2. Why are you posting on the voyaguers, you are definatly not from toronto and possibly a cyborg.

Now.. since this is my board and MY show please leave

UNLESS!!

You would like to join the USector.. and please join i hear the kool-aid is just DEEEEEEE-LISH

kool1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

So Rudi, tell us: what do you care so much if he did not show up to a meeting? Twice! Oh my, that is terrible.

Are you Luis Rancagua? Why are you so personally invested in how he feels?

The point I was making was that Luis himself was a vocal cheerleader of re-creating the 'good old days' of the H-Block Blizzard Supporters, and made it a point to tell everyone that would listen that he would show the U-Sector 'how it is done' (I'm paraphrasing here).

quote:Why is that your business, or a reason for you, Real Gooner, Gian-luca, Sean, Daniel, to keep on and on at the guy. Like a bunch of pack animals, not only because you are afraid to come on alone, but you are afraid to be alone. So when I guy isn't and is not interested in joining in with types like you you lay into him for absolutely no human reason.

You are more than welcome to show me any evidence of me personally going at the guy. If you can find anything that crosses the line, I will apologize to him.

What will probably happen is that you will continue this unprovoked personal vendetta against a growing group of people and lose what credibility you've built up as a knowledgable poster at the board for 6+ years.

quote:If he doesn't join your pathetic little clique then you treat him like ****, typical high-school mobbing tactics. This is what I have been complaining about all along, what I see clearly with Gian-luca's brown-nosing and with the rest of the weak willed types who follow along.

This is totally baseless.

You have some personal problems with the Southsiders? Fine.

Leave everyone else out of it.

quote:Listen Rudi, if you have the balls: the guy has made over a thousand posts at over one a day for over two years just on this board, his contribution is not inferior to anyone's here. He happens to be passionate about the Blizzard name (and is not at all alone in that).

And I agreed and supported his efforts to get that name back in the public eye.

But I guess painting everyone with the same brush doesn't allow for you to differentiate between all of us 'MLSE juveniles', huh?

quote:And does not show up to your meetings. At least not that you know.

And if he was there, and didn't make himself known, then all of his posts about bringing back the glory days of the H-Block were pointless.

quote:This, Rudi, is what you write on your webpage. A person like Luis would perfectly fit your descripton of being indepedent and quirky and coming up with inside information (even getting former player to mail him personally, unlike you, who have never come up with anything "inside" here by the way).

That's funny. On that same website I have quotes from an interview I did with Dwayne De Rosario about MLS in Toronto. I guess you must have missed that in your little witch hunt.

Not that having 'inside' information makes you any better than any poster on the board. Unless your name is Jeffery S., of course.

John, you are funny. Ask Grizzly, on the Off Topic board there is a thread on his classical guitar web: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8668

Canada has had a few top guitarists by the way, I would not say that you can come right out that easily and call one or the other the "greatest", it is like with soccer players.

I did say one of the greatest and this was also stated by Liona Boyd and Eli Kastner.I presume you know whom I am talking about.

First, I do hope that the MLS supporters can be less sectarian and less arrogant and try to open up, as the way they are going the group will be a lot smaller than what they'd be proud of due to their haughty attitude with anyone remotely critical or cynical of their procedures.

Have you ever met U Sector or attended any MLS Supporter meetings? If not, then these comments make you come across as very arrogant yourself. I am not a member, never went to Lynx games, but I have been to 3 MLS supporters get-togethers and found them to be most welcoming and eager to expand the group. Jeffrey, I enjoy your posts but on this sectarian count you are completely mistaken, and on the strength of your fairly reasoned posting in the past, you should know better. I tend to agree with Grizzly that there is perhaps an axe to grind with certain board members....?

Unless you have personal experience with the new MLS supporters, then you are trolling with these sectarian comments. U-Sector is not Boixos Nois ok?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

U-Sector is not Boixos Nois ok?

That is a relief. They have been pushed out of Camp Nou because they had close ties with neo-Nazis, and when the pressure came on they were implicated in death threats against the president of the club and his family, apart from being linked to roughing up people not complying with certain drug dealers in the area.

Compared to them you are fantastic dedicated soccer supporters and we all are pleased to have you in Toronto to keep the Lynx working hard on the field.

That is a relief. They have been pushed out of Camp Nou because they had close ties with neo-Nazis, and when the pressure came on they were implicated in death threats against the president of the club and his family, apart from being linked to roughing up people not complying with certain drug dealers in the area.

Compared to them you are fantastic dedicated soccer supporters and we all are pleased to have you in Toronto to keep the Lynx working hard on the field.

I threw in that Barca ultras reference in the spirit of non-sectarian inclusiveness ;)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

I threw in that Barca ultras reference in the spirit of non-sectarian inclusiveness ;)

When one of their leaders, an active neo-Nazi, died in an accident, the former president made the stadium respect a minute of silence. A rival and more democratic group on the other side of the field chanted against doing such a thing for a fascist, which provoked a battle in the stadium between supporter groups, as the Boixos Nois came all the way around to fight them.

Now Camp Nou is louder than ever, everywhere there is singing, chanting and the like, and usually all game. And one good thing is that there is more than one group, they do not agree necessarily, they are even differentiated by class (cost of seats), and if they go overboard they get their wrists slapped quickly. This has been great for the team and for watching games in a place that was once a bit like the Liceu, the opera house on the Ramblas.

I hope whatever the small partisan group here comes up with will also see such rivalry when it comes to MLS, as you have proved to be quite incapable of dealing with the most basic of considerations in even-handed, non-partisan and non-offensive fashion. Gianluca seems to blame Lynx for scaring away legitimate fans, but if this particular clique does not back down a bit many others will blame them for the failure of decent support at the TO MLS games. However rightly or wrongly so.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Dictator-Monthly.gif

I was clearly wrong now that I see that, I admit. Dictators have to be at least a bit photogenic. Sean, I seem to recall that you are blond and cute, from that pic of you hugging national team players, why don't you take over?

(Sean may not ever post on an actual game, but at least he is consistent and has a sense of humour. Don't you realize, Sean, that they hang out with you because it is the only way they can meet women?)

When one of their leaders, an active neo-Nazi, died in an accident, the former president made the stadium respect a minute of silence. A rival and more democratic group on the other side of the field chanted against doing such a thing for a fascist, which provoked a battle in the stadium between supporter groups, as the Boixos Nois came all the way around to fight them.

Sadly I don't find much worth emulating in many Spanish Ultra groups. On the whole I find French Ultras to be a truer ebodiment of the Ultra ideal.

quote:Now Camp Nou is louder than ever, everywhere there is singing, chanting and the like, and usually all game. And one good thing is that there is more than one group

I'm glad to hear that atmosphere has returned to the Nou Camp. 2 weeks ago I watched Cadiz play Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. 90% of the noise generated seemed to be from the travelling Cadiz fans. For a club of Madrid's stature to be comprehensively outsung at home by supporters of a minnow club is pathetic. Maybe if Ultras Sur/Orgullo Vikingo focussed more on singing and less on neo-nazi activities, jeering their own players and applauding Ronaldinho goals against them in Clasicos, things might look better at the Bernabeu.

quote:I hope whatever the small partisan group here comes up with will also see such rivalry when it comes to MLS...
Actually I would love a situation in which there were 4-5 groups around the stadium, providing continuous chanting, singing and overall noise.

quote: but if this particular clique does not back down a bit many others will blame them for the failure of decent support at the TO MLS games. However rightly or wrongly so.

Back down from what? Nobody is up for anything other than a disscussion about what we supporters would like to see happen. We just don't want our thread hijacked by your "little guys" who want to b#tch about MLSE, tax money for stadiums, CSA incompetence, CSA favouritism towards Toronto, Toronto not deserving an MLS team etc. At least we Pro-MLS types have sent emails to City Council, organised meetings and invited MLSE to our next meeting. I have seen no-one else step up and advocate for their causes. How typically Canadian of some of you to see people trying to achieve something and sit back and take pot-shots.

This mix is being seriously reduced not only because the Impact people have found their own place, because some Vancouver supporters found theirs too, because the Alberta teams have gone belly up.

As you say, Whitecap and Impact fans have their own forums. There is still an active Calgary forum, and there is one for Hamilton (ex-Thunder) fans. Any others (not counting those based on "special interests" apart from geography, like Go Big Red!! and OntarioSoccerWeb) ?

However, there hasn't been a separate forum for Toronto fans since the old Ultras site disappeared. As a result, combined with an influx of newbies interested in MLS, the Voyageurs forum has become a Voyageurs+Toronto forum, which I don't think serves either "side" well enough. I really think this is the root of the issues and tensions that are coming up.

But Sean is building a new Ultras site, so maybe things will be different when that is launched. (There often seemed to be as much, if not more, Toronto discussion here as on the old Ultras forum when it was still around (especially compared to the other cities), but I think it will be different with MLS.)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

No. there has always been a greater proportion of GTA/southern Ontario posters here. Even in the time when the Ultras site was well up and going. I recall a thread with a poll at around that time asking where everyone lives and the response was that well over half were in the GTA.

There is a perfectly good reason why there aren't more contributors from Quebec and its quite simple. 80% of quebecers speak french. and this is an English site.

I'm not sure what you disagree with? Or even if you are in disagreement? You started your response with "no", but the rest of your post, which I wouldn't disagree with, doesn't contradict what I said, so I'm a bit confused.

EDIT: Okay, I think I'm getting it now. I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying that there are suddenly many more or a greater proportion of Toronto fans here (though there are certainly a few more since MLS became more real). I'm saying that without a dedicated Toronto fan forum, the Voyageurs forum (by which I really mean this Leagues & Clubs section of it) has become a default Toronto fan forum. Meanwhile, fans in other cities have their own forums, so that leaves mainly Toronto fans here and creates the inbalance that Jeffrey mentioned.

Archived